What Was Your First Products Used Ever (Relaxer, Shampoo, Etc.)?

Nice & Wavy

I got my first relaxer when i was 19 and it was called "French Perm". It was made for caucasians, but I used it and my hair was nice. They don't make it anymore, but I was just sitting here thinking about those relaxer days, and it wasn't all that bad back then. Isn't that something:lachen::lachen:

I used grease (Dixie Peach or Ultra Sheen Hairdress), no scarf and no wrapping. My hair use to be so nice. I did wash and condition my hair every other day, so that could be the reason why, blowdried it and hot curled it. I use to wear my hair in a mushroom style...LOL... Don't ya'll laugh:lachen:..that was the style back in the day:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I use to shampoo my hair with Herbal Essence. Ya'll remember that stuff? It was in a clear bottle and the shampoo was a green color and use to smell like herbs. I use to use Pert as my conditioner...my hair was always on point. I use to use the Egyptian Henna in my hair. It came in a tin can...I can remember the shine like it was yesterday:lachen: I don't know if they still carry it, I haven't seen it in quite awhile.

I can't find any of those pics I took back then....shucks.

Ok....share what you used...both relaxer and shampoo and conditioners, etc.! Let's make this thread a fun one...I want to hear some of ya'll stories!!!

My first relaxer was by TCB. I also used to use the Green Apple shampoo (that smelled sooooooo good!) and the deep conditioner (forget the name).

I'll come back when I can think of some more.

I used to use the box perms for a long time like Just for Me and the Pink oil one. I also used the dark and lovely one for a LONG time :lol:

Shampoos- mostly cream of nature, My mother would buy 2-3 big bottles of it at a time.

I remember royal crown grease and bergamont. I also used alot of bone straight condtioner when I would have swimming lessons, that and queen helene cholesterol conditioner.

Boy did I love me some Optimum box perm- I think I used a super. Sure didnt need it! Fried my hair! I use the shampoo, conditioner, and hair creme too. I was an Optimum girl!
What was the oil sheen that came in the tall red can with black & white writing on it? That was my finish off!

All I remember is Let's Jam and Motions everything. Growing up, my mom kept Motions no mix relaxer, shampoo and conditioner in the house. I used Let's Jam on my whole head every day and slicked it back in a skimpy ponytail :perplexed

When I started taking care of my own hair, I was super sick of Motions, so jumped from relaxer to relaxer. Pink Lotion, brown gel, hair dye, Doo Gro and Gold N Hot flatirons became my friends :ohwell:

All I remember is Let's Jam and Motions everything. Growing up, my mom kept Motions no mix relaxer, shampoo and conditioner in the house. I used Let's Jam on my whole head every day and slicked it back in a skimpy ponytail :perplexed

When I started taking care of my own hair, I was super sick of Motions, so jumped from relaxer to relaxer. Pink Lotion, brown gel, hair dye, Doo Gro and Gold N Hot flatirons became my friends :ohwell:

Dang, I forgot about that Lets Jam! I also used pink oil lotion and Liv cream. Oh yeah, add perm repair to that list

I can't remember my first relaxer, I think it was TCB or Revlon, my shampoo and conditioner back then was the FLEX brand - I think they are still around and I remember that they made my hair feel nice and really squeaky clean. My treatment was Queen Helene Cholesterol or any kind of cholesterol for that matter, as long as it had cholesterol on the bottle, that was my treatment:grin:.

I got a little older and started buying my own poos and conditioners at 18 years old and I switched to Finesse because of the heavenly smell:lick:, not that it was all that great or bad for my hair - I just liked the smell.

My first relaxer was a L'Oreal mild relaxer which worked pretty well on my hair, they don't make it anymore. I also used Longaid K7 grease liv cream, and green Dax.

WATER.

What? :look:

Okay, I kid! I'm a little bit of a youngun' (I just earned the legal right to drink, bear with me here) I guess. I don't remember any of the aforementioned products listed by previous posters.

I remember Pink oil...which has no beginning and no end, in terms of its existence. :lachen:

Until I began taking charge of my hair's health in high school it was Pink Oil, Green CON poo, or water and whatever relaxer the stylist decided to put in my head.

Conditioner? What conditioner? Leave-in? Leave-what? Heat protectant? Say-whaaa?! Protein? You mean...in my diet?

It's amazing I always had a thick head of hair treating it so badly. :nono:

I know so much better know. :wallbash:

i loved vo5 shampoo, used green and blue dax grease, and i think my first perm was revlon (not sure on that one). used to get my hair braided and beaded. :yep:

Well mudda sick, ya'll comin' up with all the old good stuff from way back when. I forgot about the Let's Jam and Motions, and ooooh Motions CPR too.

Well holy cow, my mom loved putting that Royal Crown Grease on our scalps too and the strange thing is, my hair was long when I was a kid then I lost after reaching teenage years and tryin' ta take care of it myself. Pink lotion definitely was the ish back then for all the young teenage girls. And that black gel, well chil' if you didn't have any a dat, you wasn't sayin' nuttin':lachen:, cause your hair had to be slick right down on your scalp wid dat stuff if you wanted ta go sparrin' wid ya friends:yep:.

I used to use the box perms for a long time like Just for Me and the Pink oil one. I also used the dark and lovely one for a LONG time :lol:

Shampoos- mostly cream of nature, My mother would buy 2-3 big bottles of it at a time.

I remember royal crown grease and bergamont. I also used alot of bone straight condtioner when I would have swimming lessons, that and queen helene cholesterol conditioner.

I did too. My favorite after awhile was Gentle Treatment...for a long time, right up until I began my natural journey.

Girl...royal crown grease and bergammont was in everybody's bathroom cabinet back then....lol. Queen Helene Cholesterol is still around...it's not so bad.

Boy did I love me some Optimum box perm- I think I used a super. Sure didnt need it! Fried my hair! I use the shampoo, conditioner, and hair creme too. I was an Optimum girl!
What was the oil sheen that came in the tall red can with black & white writing on it? That was my finish off!

I remember when Optimum first came out....everybody was using it back then.

Oh, that oil sheen started with an "f" I think ...finishsheen or something like that...lol.

Wow...Let's Jam and motions..you were serious huh?:lachen:

You used Let's Jam on your whole head everyday? I bet you weren't the only one...there were lots of skimpy ponytails around then....:lachen:

I use to do the brown gel and used my curling iron right behind it and I thought the sizzle was good for the hair because it made it slick....:lachen:..oh my goodness, the things we did with our hair...lol.

I can't remember my first relaxer, I think it was TCB or Revlon, my shampoo and conditioner back then was the FLEX brand - I think they are still around and I remember that they made my hair feel nice and really squeaky clean. My treatment was Queen Helene Cholesterol or any kind of cholesterol for that matter, as long as it had cholesterol on the bottle, that was my treatment:grin:.

I got a little older and started buying my own poos and conditioners at 18 years old and I switched to Finesse because of the heavenly smell:lick:, not that it was all that great or bad for my hair - I just liked the smell.

I use to love Finesse too..but, Pert was my favorite. I used to use the Pert combo shampoo/conditioner. My hair used to swing from left to right:yep:

Used Let's jam all the time. :yep:
Herbel Essence, Finesse poo and con
Always with herbs, blue magic and sulfur 8 grease.

Any kinda oil sheen and hair spray I could get my hands on. I use to spray my poor bangs to death with hairpray. They would just crunch right on off.
Next day I would hot curl my hair without washing and spray again!

My first relaxer was a L'Oreal mild relaxer which worked pretty well on my hair, they don't make it anymore. I also used Longaid K7 grease liv cream, and green Dax.

You used Dax green grease? Wow...that stuff is super thick too. I tried to use it, but my hair would get stuck together.....it was bad:yep:

WATER.

What? :look:

Okay, I kid! I'm a little bit of a youngun' (I just earned the legal right to drink, bear with me here) I guess. I don't remember any of the aforementioned products listed by previous posters.

I remember Pink oil...which has no beginning and no end, in terms of its existence. :lachen:

Until I began taking charge of my hair's health in high school it was Pink Oil, Green CON poo, or water and whatever relaxer the stylist decided to put in my head.

Conditioner? What conditioner? Leave-in? Leave-what? Heat protectant? Say-whaaa?! Protein? You mean...in my diet?

It's amazing I always had a thick head of hair treating it so badly. :nono:

I know so much better know. :wallbash:

Girl...we all know better now..thank God for LHCF!

Your post had me cracking up....:lachen:

i loved vo5 shampoo, used green and blue dax grease, and i think my first perm was revlon (not sure on that one). used to get my hair braided and beaded. :yep:

Sharentu...you used the green and the blue dax? Girl....that was some pasty, greasy stuff, right??:lachen:

Well mudda sick, ya'll comin' up with all the old good stuff from way back when. I forgot about the Let's Jam and Motions, and ooooh Motions CPR too.

Well holy cow, my mom loved putting that Royal Crown Grease on our scalps too and the strange thing is, my hair was long when I was a kid then I lost after reaching teenage years and tryin' ta take care of it myself. Pink lotion definitely was the ish back then for all the young teenage girls. And that black gel, well chil' if you didn't have any a dat, you wasn't sayin' nuttin':lachen:,
cause your hair had to be slick right down on your scalp wid dat stuff if you wanted ta go sparrin' wid ya friends
:yep:.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Used Let's jam all the time. :yep:
Herbel Essence, Finesse poo and con
Always with herbs, blue magic and sulfur 8 grease.

Any kinda oil sheen and hair spray I could get my hands on. I use to spray my poor bangs to death with hairpray. They would just crunch right on off.
Next day I would hot curl my hair without washing and spray again!

I used to love that Herbal Essence....it smelled sooooooo good!

Girl, you are going to make me bust a gut with the quoted...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Wow...Let's Jam and motions..you were serious huh?:lachen:

You used Let's Jam on your whole head everyday? I bet you weren't the only one...there were lots of skimpy ponytails around then....:lachen:

I use to do the brown gel and used my curling iron right behind it and I thought the sizzle was good for the hair because it made it slick....:lachen:..oh my goodness, the things we did with our hair...lol.

:lachen: :lachen: Girl! I would DRENCH my hair in Pink Lotion and then use my flatiron on 759 degrees :lachen:

Boy did I love that sizzle! I used to be like "Ohhhhh yeah, baby! Sizzle away!" Sizzle=super straight (and burnt, and greasy and stiff) :lachen:

I thought of some more.....

Pump it up hair spray:nono:...I would spray that on and curl it to get a crisp curl:nono:

Tar shampoo and sulfur 8
Dudleys PCA moisturizer
Flex shampoo and conditioner
Optimum care in the pink bottles
African pride grease with the herbs in it

:lachen: :lachen: Girl! I would DRENCH my hair in Pink Lotion and then use my flatiron on 759 degrees :lachen:

Boy did I love that sizzle! I used to be like "Ohhhhh yeah, baby! Sizzle away!" Sizzle=super straight (and burnt, and greasy and stiff) :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:....759 degrees....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Bwahahahahahah!
I forgot about that. I would sizzle down my ponies too!
The sad thing is I was still doing that in college :nono:

Back