What Was Your First Products Used Ever (Relaxer, Shampoo, Etc.)?

I thought of some more.....

Pump it up hair spray:nono:...I would spray that on and curl it to get a crisp curl:nono:

Tar shampoo and sulfur 8
Dudleys PCA moisturizer
Flex shampoo and conditioner
Optimum care in the pink bottles
African pride grease with the herbs in it

Girl, my favorite was everything Dudley at one time because I used to get my products for free because I use to be a hair model for his company back in the day, and I would get everything done, from relaxers, to cuts to color. He used to say he loved my hair because it was easy to work with. And now thinking about it, he used to tell me that I didn't need a relaxer, that if I would let my natural hair grow, it would be beautiful....guess that was a seed planted many years ago.

Did you know that Mr. Dudley was the apprentice for Mr. Fuller who died and left him the company? I knew Mr. Fuller, but he wasn't working too much with the company then, Mr. Dudley was. Mr. Dudley also had nice, pretty medium light brown eyes...I used to love his eyes....:yep:

My favorite product was the Hair Rebuilder...I used that stuff up all the time:yep:

Bwahahahahahah!
I forgot about that. I would sizzle down my ponies too!
The sad thing is I was still doing that in college :nono:

:look: Yeah me too.....My curling iron was a gold in hot, covering peeling all off, the plastic piece for your finger was cracked and I rigged it with some ducktape

[/b][/color]I used to love that Herbal Essence....it smelled sooooooo good!

Girl, you are going to make me bust a gut with the quoted...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

My mom loved HE a lot. It actually made her hair look great. She had super fine hair and hair seemed to thrive with HE products.

Girl, my favorite was everything Dudley at one time because I used to get my products for free because I use to be a hair model for his company back in the day, and I would get everything done, from relaxers, to cuts to color. He used to say he loved my hair because it was easy to work with. And now thinking about it, he used to tell me that I didn't need a relaxer, that if I would let my natural hair grow, it would be beautiful....guess that was a seed planted many years ago.
Did you know that Mr. Dudley was the apprentice for Mr. Fuller who died and left him the company? I knew Mr. Fuller, but he wasn't working too much with the company then, Mr. Dudley was. Mr. Dudley also had nice, pretty medium light brown eyes...I used to love his eyes....:yep:

My favorite product was the Hair Rebuilder...I used that stuff up all the time:yep:

He was right! Your hair is beautiful. If I was getting free products, they would be my favorites too :lol:

My mom loved HE a lot. It actually made her hair look great. She had super fine hair and hair seemed to thrive with HE products.

So was mine...super fine and that HE was awesome. I used it allllllllllll the time. I wish sometimes they still had it, it was that good:yep:

Pump it up hair spray:nono:...I would spray that on and curl it to get a crisp curl:nono:

Tar shampoo and sulfur 8
Dudleys PCA moisturizer

Girl GF, my baby sis still uses this and she swears by it for growth.

Tar shampoo and sulfur 8
Dudleys PCA moisturizer

Oh man, how could I forget Pump It Up? I STILL remember the smell of that stuff! I would spray the mess outta my hair when I wore phony ponies. Had to keep my short little measly hair from coming out of the ponytail! :lol: After I saturated my hair with Pump It Up, I would run the back of my curling iron (on the highest setting) over my hair, to smooth it out and make my hair stay. Gotta seal with heat, ya know! That heat'll make it stay! :rofl:

I used that African Pride grease, too. Thought I was really doin something, rubbin those herbs and spices in my scalp (and through the length of my hair :look: )

:lachen: :lachen: Girl! I would DRENCH my hair in Pink Lotion and then use my flatiron on 759 degrees :lachen:

Boy did I love that sizzle! I used to be like "Ohhhhh yeah, baby! Sizzle away!" Sizzle=super straight (and burnt, and greasy and stiff) :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl :funny::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Oh man, how could I forget Pump It Up? I STILL remember the smell of that stuff! I would spray the mess outta my hair when I wore phony ponies. Had to keep my short little measly hair from coming out of the ponytail! :lol: After I saturated my hair with Pump It Up, I would run the back of my curling iron (on the highest setting) over my hair, to smooth it out and make my hair stay. Gotta seal with heat, ya know! That heat'll make it stay! :rofl:

I used that African Pride grease, too. Thought I was really doin something, rubbin those herbs and spices in my scalp (and through the length of my hair :look: )

The smell of pump it up is burned into my memory :lol: Its like liquid plastic and you are right, a little heat to seal it in was all you needed:lachen:

I used to kill that herby grease. I had herbs falling out of my head all of the time...grease melting all up in my scalp, just dripping...forehead greasy:lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen:..I'm going to give you the "Out of Hair Control" award...dang girl, you were putting your hair on a hit list or something???:lachen:

The smell of pump it up is burned into my memory :lol: Its like liquid plastic and you are right, a little heat to seal it in was all you needed:lachen:

I used to kill that herby grease. I had herbs falling out of my head all of the time...grease melting all up in my scalp, just dripping...forehead greasy:lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:....ya'll are bustin me up tonight!

my first relaxer was a "kiddie kit" (back in 1990).... ironically, i recall it having little kids with afros on the front of it....go figure

My granny used to wash my hair with mane and tail and grease my scalp with some blue stuff, the name excapes me...

my first relaxer was a "kiddie kit" (back in 1990).... ironically, i recall it having little kids with afros on the front of it....go figure

My granny used to wash my hair with mane and tail and grease my scalp with some blue stuff, the name excapes me...

Maybe it was Ultra Sheen Hair Grease:yep:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: OMG :lachen: :lachen: I can't breave! :lachen: :lachen :lachen:

Wow you guys have such vivid memories. I dont remember much about my hair care during elementary school other than the fact that my grandmother made me get my hair cut to get a Jheri Curl when I was about 8 or 9 years old. She said my hair "needed" it. Now mind you I am 27 years old so this 1988 or 1989. The Jheri Curl bandwagon had come and gone at that point. It was way out of style by then. I was so embarassed:nono:. Had it for about a year then it was relaxers after that.

I started taking care of my own hair when I was about 11 or 12 which consisted of using water and grease to achieve ponytails of various heights ( the closer to the top of the head, the better), tight behind french braids and ear to ear bangs :lachen:.

I discovered Allways Natures Super Grow grease around this time. This was when it used to come in a white bottle with a turquoise top. It said on the directions that daily use of the entire jar would cause considerable hair growth and i made sure I used it every single day:lachen: and my hair grew like a weed . I just picke up another jar last week. I think this was the only product they made at the time

:lachen::lachen:..I'm going to give you the "Out of Hair Control" award...dang girl, you were putting your hair on a hit list or something???:lachen:

And I thought I was takin GOOD care of my hair, too! I was steady wondering why my hair would never even get to my shoulders :lol:

Wow you guys have such vivid memories. I dont remember much about my hair care during elementary school other than the fact that my grandmother made me get my hair cut to get a Jheri Curl when I was about 8 or 9 years old. She said my hair "needed" it. Now mind you I am 27 years old so this 1988 or 1989. The Jheri Curl bandwagon had come and gone at that point. It was way out of style by then. I was so embarassed:nono:. Had it for about a year then it was relaxers after that.

I started taking care of my own hair when I was about 11 or 12 which consisted of using water and grease to achieve ponytails of various heights ( the closer to the top of the head, the better), tight behind french braids and ear to ear bangs :lachen:.

I discovered Allways Natures Super Grow grease around this time. This was when it used to come in a white bottle with a turquoise top. It said on the directions that daily use of the entire jar would cause considerable hair growth and i made sure I used it every single day:lachen: and my hair grew like a weed . I just picke up another jar last week. I think this was the only product they made at the time

I do remember so much. Hair was an important part of my life ever since I realized how it makes a difference in your looks. After all the things I did to my hair, you would think that I wouldn't have any hair right about now...LOL.

Ooohhhh, I loved my french braids and my bangs were the bomb! I mean, my bangs were smooth and even and rounded out on the ends just right.

Back