what strong/heavy protein treatment?

coolsista-paris

Hi ladies,

Im a 4 (b mostly) natural and that has fine hair. Its like it can even break with the wind! have to be so careful.

My hair like protein. I use Apoghee 2 step treatment usually and my hair corresponds well.

BUT: is there any other hard protein treatments i can use that DO NOT need to be harden, and without the SMELL of apoghee (hubby says i make the whole house stink with that thing):grin: i hate the smell.

i had a great protein-moisture balance in december or january (the 1st and last time, i did everything the same way and still doesnt come out like on that day.....0 breakage that day)....

I know exactly what you mean having fine hair, seems like it will break if you just blow on it! I use the protein conditioners listed below and I like them.

Mega Tek
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner
Ultra Black Hair Conditioner
Nexxus Emergencee' (Reconstructor)

I use an egg mix with conditioner for pre-poo when I want heavy protein. The amount of conditioner and EVOO I add depends on how strong I want the protein.

Last edited:
When I was relaxed I used Aphogee 2 step, now as a natural I use K-Pac, and will start using Curl Junkie's Repair me

Off the top of my head...
Dudley DRC 28
Dudley Hair Rebuilder
Elasta QP Anti Breakage Serum

Just used phytonectar its the best hard protein I ever used. I purchased from Ulta because if you use it and don't like it you can return it. ;-)

This thread just reminded me that I want to try Nexxus Emergencee. I was reading a thread awhile back in which ladies were recommending the Nexxus over ApHogee.

You've got some good suggestions, but from a past experience I had, I found that my hair seemed fine when it was dry. and of course it broke. Don't overdo the protein. Try adding extra moisture by any means at first. . .extra washing, co washing, new moisturizer(or one you already have that is water based), try a moisturizing leave in.

It is easier to correct if you use too much moisture than it is if you use too much protein.

Mega Tek
Ultra Black Hair Conditioner
Nexxus Emergencee' (Reconstructor)

I wanna try Ultra Duo just because it is cheaper than Nexxus but I LOVES me some Nexxus.

When I was relaxed I used Aphogee 2 step, now as a natural I use K-Pac, and will start using Curl Junkie's Repair me

I just got a 3 piece set of Joico K-Pak from JCP, cant wait to try it after I use up my Nexxus.

You've got some good suggestions, but from a past experience I had, I found that my hair seemed fine when it was dry. and of course it broke. Don't overdo the protein. Try adding extra moisture by any means at first. . .extra washing, co washing, new moisturizer(or one you already have that is water based), try a moisturizing leave in.

It is easier to correct if you use too much moisture than it is if you use too much protein.

I agree with this very much! And bc you are natural you might wanna try the moisture first....

I am relaxed so I know that my protein bonds are broken because of the relaxer.

EO Essentials has a DC with keratin pretty high up on the list. I'm not protein sensative but I found this one a little to strong from my hair! My hair loves Doo Gro Mega Thick Deep Conditioner because while it does contain keratin, it's in the middle of the ingredient list so I think it has less concentration than the EO Essentials. I plan to use this every 6 weeks and still follow up with a moisturizing DC but I also want to give the new Giovanni keratin conditioner a try at some point!

ZebraPrintLover said:
I agree with this very much! And bc you are natural you might wanna try the moisture first....

I am relaxed so I know that my protein bonds are broken because of the relaxer.

and.HeChangedMyName

i usually protein just 1 à month .i did à moisturizing condit last week but had breakage as if it was too condutionned. although i used some aPhogee 2 minute. seems it wasnt strong enough.

Dudley's DRC smells like the Aphogee.... I used to use Bed Head's Dumb Blonde but I think they may have changed the formula along with the packaging.

I LOVE nexus emergencee. It's a reconstructor but I love how it makes my hair feel when I wash it out and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. My hair feels even more pliable, smooth, soft and strong. I also feel I can use it often without a sensitivity to protein. No hard hair or anything. I always end up going back to it. It's def a staple in my regimen, I'm relaxed.

I just bought hask placenta protein treatment oil today from Walmart ima try it next Saturday in my ORS Hair Mayo (also bought today)

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Jetblackhair said:
If I had to choose one over the other I would pick Nexxus Emergencee'. It feels like a stronger treatment on my hair than the Duo Tex.

i wilk.definetly try emergencee and joico. these 2 are coming out a lot.. i.want to avoid stuff where i must wait for it to harden...and that smell!lol

MillCreek Botanicals Keratin Conditioner, hydrolyzed keratin is the second ingredient and it smells like coconuts! <333

Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Hair Mayo

Cut my breakage by 90%....my hair was soft and strong, but I still use moisture afterwards to be safe

Back