Is this too much protein??

senimoni

I planned on doing the Apoghee 2 min reconstructor and following that with the ORS Hair Mayo. My understanding is that the reconstructor is not a protein treatment but I just wanted to be sure.

That shouldn't be too much, the reconstructor is Keratin. So I don't think it counts as a protein treatment..

@senimoni: if the ORS Mayo is a MOISTURIZING conditioner, then you should be fine.

@c octavia: I believe keratin is like THE strongest protein for hair.

It could be too much.

If the Mayo has keratin in it it is definately too much.

If it is protein based, even with light proteins it may be better to use a more moisturizing conditioner.

You don't need to put light protein on hair that has just gotten a heavy protein conditioner. It's like a waste of protein :)

The aphogee always left my hair hard and the hair mayo has protein. YOu might want to follow the aphogee with with a moisturizing conditioner instead of the hair mayo.

I think keratin is strongest form of protein. Protein comes in so may forms and strengths. You may want to look into this more but the girls are correct you should be fine since you have protein and a moisturzing conditioners these work good together. :confused:

Last edited:
Back