what strong/heavy protein treatment?

Arian said:
Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Hair Mayo

Cut my breakage by 90%....my hair was soft and strong, but I still use moisture afterwards to be safe

that is what i used to use as a relaxed head.it was good. motions wasnt bad either but organic root stimulator was great

:yep:Some of the Ones I use (in no particular order):

Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Keraphix
Dudley's Hair Rebuilder
Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner
Hairveda's Methi Set
Komaza Hair Care's Protein Rx
Claudie Protein Rx & Claudie Reconstructor
Mega-Tek
Lee Stafford Growth Treatment
Joico K-Pak
Sebastian Penetraitt
Tigi Dumb Blond
Curl Junkie Repair Me

Which is stronger in your opinion Nexxus Keraphix or Emergencee? I've never tried Keraphix and don't really know the difference between the two.

Jetblackhair

IMHO: Emergencee is much stronger than Keraphix and a polymetric reconstructor.

Both are Reconstructors. Emergencee hardens sort of like Aphogee 2 Step.

It's a slimey liquid that hardens, Keraphix is a Creme and is a bit lighter and less "Intensive."

IDareT'sHair said:
Jetblackhair

IMHO: Emergencee is much stronger than Keraphix and a polymetric reconstructor.

Both are Reconstructors. Emergencee hardens sort of like Aphogee 2 Step.

It's a slimey liquid that hardens, Keraphix is a Creme and is a bit lighter and less "Intensive."

so that means we must sit under the dryer for it to harden ? i find all that long to do.

Are you sure the protein ...as you seem to use a lot...isn't the reason for the breakage? too much protein(hard) can make hair brittle.

luckiestdestiny said:
Are you sure the protein ...as you seem to use a lot...isn't the reason for the breakage? too much protein(hard) can make hair brittle.

well as lost month i did à wash day without protein and did à moisturizing dc my hair has become weak . breaks and it is well moosturized . i just skipped protein and there i go. weak hair.

Redken Extreme CAT
Komaza Protein Strengthener
Claudie's Renew Protein

Stronger proteins like these I use only as needed. My hair loves protein so I tend to use moisturizing Protein conditioners on a regular basis and my hair loves it. The Aphogee 2 Step is way too strong for my hair.

Jetblackhair said:
coolsista-paris,

You don't have to use heat with Nexxus Emergencee, it's optional. I used it today and left it on for 10 minutes while in the shower.

great.with young kids at home i dont take my time like before. if hubby is home its possible but then when will i spend time With them all. well...im trying to keep this hair healthy .

remembering that once i did à nice henna mix :
henna,olive oil, eggs,shikakai powder, à bit.of essential oil. once i added yogurt. my hair was great. i will try it again in future bit the henna is so LONG to rince out!

I really love the Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask… http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo/801.aspx

My hair usually breaks off at 8 weeks post, but I haven’t seen any breakage at all, no strands in my comb, nothing. I’m very happy with it.

I use this as well. I use only natural based products unless I'm straightening. These are the only two protein products I use. I don't have a schedule, I just use them as needed. Most consider GPB a light protein. The Blue Green Algae is I guess a medium protein, it doesn't make the hair hard at all.

I have fine strands that split easily, but can't go too hard on protein bc my hair is naturally very dry (4b).

Aubrey's GPB
Aubrey's Blue Green Algae

Back