What should I do with my hair? lol...

What should I ultimately do to my hair?

• CUT IT! Cut to a TWA and start fresh on my natural journey to keep it interesting!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • CUT IT (into a style) or DYE IT! Radically change hair to keep it refreshing!

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • PERM IT! Just breakdown and perm it, already! Make straight relaxed hair my permanent style!

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • OTHER! (specify answer in post)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • BRAIDS/TWISTS! Get hair profesionally braided to reduce styling stress and grow longer!

Votes: 25 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meia

....i'm finally sick of it!
I've been natural since October 2006 and my hair is just now about touching waist length (although I trim regularly so it doesn't stay there too long). I'm still on my natural journey but now i'm facing way MORE problems than i've ever faced before:

-Its nowhere as long as I want it to be (I want it to be waist-length unstretched) so its just getting annoying to me at its current length
-My hair is getting far TOO thick to deal with- I always wanted the thickness but now its actually becoming hard to manage because I have to comb EVERYDAY if I don't (lets say i've braided it) I can only leave the braids in for a couple days otherwise my hair starts loc-ing
-I'm getting bored with all my styles- I've completely STOPPED applying color (henna and indigo too because it was flattening out my texture) and so its constantly a bore- natural styles (unless gel is used) don't hold long as I mentioned without loc-ing
-My hair (no matter if I put moisturizing products or not) splits at the ends ALWAYS so i'm always losing length (a couple inches here and there) and its infuriating

Background Info:
Type 3C (although varies between 3A and 4A at times)
Dark brown/black in places
No heat whatsoever
Aveda, Oyin, and natural oils used- ONLY!
Wash hair daily (to refresh style and because my hair gets brittle without water- sometimes co wash)

and I don't know what I should do. I've included pictures and a poll- If anyone has any questions that might "sway" their decision go ahead and shoot! lol but I really need help... i've hit a brick wall..:wallbash:

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Attachments

• f205370f3b96.jpg
    f205370f3b96.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 8f38df27850c.jpg
    8f38df27850c.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 132
  • hair.JPG
    hair.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 99
  • hair 2.JPG
    hair 2.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
you could give it to me. :yup:

your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

question, though. do you want to remain natural?

mmmm my suggestions:

1)Rollerset your hair and do pincurls afterwards.
2) Put your hair in a ponytail and do twists on your ponytail than unravel the hair
3) Put your hair halfway up by sleeking the edges if your want or not and the rest down
4) Do an updo with your hair there are plenty of pictures on the net.
5) Use curlformers or flexirod your whole head
6) Put your hair in a bun there are so many different styles of bun you can do with the lenght you have.
7) you can get a dominican blowout (rollerset+ brushing)
8)get braids
9) twist out

i think your hair is gorgeous, you hair anorexic, you. :lachen:

i wouldnt do a thing except straighten it/rollerset it since you want to see length. just be careful!!!

and are you trimming or dusting? there is a world of difference.

you could give it to me. :yup:

your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

question, though. do you want to remain natural?

AWWWWW!!!
YOU'RE SO SWEET! :yep:
Thank you so much- you can certainly take some! I have plenty to give!
My hair would shed so much sometimes and I still wondered how I had hair on my head! I think I do- but its so limiting without color I think. And my texture doesn't hold two strands/box braids as other beautiful naturals on this board!

I really wouldn't want to go back to relaxers (only as a final, "i've-had-enough" option lol) but I would if all hope was lost. Thanks so much for your reply!

Braid it. Don't do anything irreversable until you are sure. Just braid it so it can leave you alone for a while.

mmmm my suggestions:

1)Rollerset your hair and do pincurls afterwards.
2) Put your hair in a ponytail and do twists on your ponytail than unravel the hair
3) Put your hair halfway up by sleeking the edges if your want or not and the rest down
4) Do an updo with your hair there are plenty of pictures on the net.
5) Use curlformers or flexirod your whole head
6) Put your hair in a bun there are so many different styles of bun you can do with the lenght you have.
7) you can get a dominican blowout (rollerset+ brushing)
8)get braids
9) twist out

HEY!
Those are all EXCELLENT suggestions!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
lol do you want to hear the FUNNIEST story, though? I went to a dominican salon around my way (of course I was referred by my sister who SWEARS we have different hair texture- she just won't go natural and see for herself!) and when I went in there the two ladies who worked there were giving me what I like to call the "hungry eyes" (:lick:- the eyes as if they want to scalp me and make a fanciful wig lollll) and my sister was trying to convince them to straighten my hair (they were both doing each others hair) heres how the conversation played out:

my sister: How much would it be to straighten hair?

dominicana #1: Who? You or her?

my sister: no her (points to me- suddenly dominicana #1's eyes bulged, dominicana #1 and #2 exchanged looks of disbelief and suddenly I had 4 hands in my head- *for some reason my hair was very full that day it was especially lengthy*)

dominicana #2: What you don't like your hair? I would want you hair (hungry eyes, again...lol)

dominicana #1: Ohhhh I couldn't do that. Theres too much hair. I mean, I could try, but theres too much my hands would (motion like she was getting a cramp) get stuck (then she began to speak spanish to dominicana #2 and I could catch they were talking about me in a bad way, you know picking at me).

me: (obviously blushing, embarassed, and trying to back away)

dominicana #1: It would be extra. And I can't guarantee unless we put perm (by this point I was completely OUT of the conversation)

by then I tried to turn the conversation to my sister and I just was happy I made it out of there with their on my head un-touched. I think I might just have to stay away (my sister went back and she ended up with a bald spot cos the woman messed her over on purpose).

Btw, I especially like the braids/twist-out/flexi-rods ideas! :grin: I'm kind of sick of the buns and the updos, but I could certainly give them a whirl again and be more creative- i'm definitely out of ideas! lolllllllll

Thanks so much for your response!

i think your hair is gorgeous, you hair anorexic, you. :lachen:

i wouldnt do a thing except straighten it/rollerset it since you want to see length. just be careful!!!

and are you trimming or dusting? there is a world of difference.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
lol I am a closet hair anorexic! I admit it! lol
let me tell you- if you only KNEW how far i've come since I bc'd back in late '06, you'd be shocked! I not only had thinning all-over my head, I had dandruff (which I didn't have until I relaxed when I was smaller), my edges were coming out (I was starting to get a receeding hairline), and my hair was brittle. This website opened my eyes! I remember when I bc'd I never felt so free and incredible in all my life. Funny to think now its causing me the most distress!

Funny too- I did try to straighten it back in '06 a few months after I bc'd and I bought a CHI flat iron for the occasion- long story short, I think I got a defective one becasue it burnt a good 3-5 inches of hair off. I lost so much all-over my head I never thought it would get better. I think with my hair texture, I can only get away with perming or not perming-- I, myself, never knew enough about straightening that i'm sure this time i'd probably end up disintegrating my hair off! :ohwell: Now rollersetting- :shocked: lolllll I never thought to do that (in fact, I have to admit I don't know how but I think I have a general idea)- I think that might be worth trying. I think i've just gotten SO low maintenance, i've forgotten the damn paramounts of HAVING and STYLING HAIR! lolllllllllll

I dust it really- I stopped trimming post that flat iron accident I mentioned above. The dusting really helps but it feels like as soon as I dust, the ends split again! What could I even be doing wrong? I don't understand it! I think I just might have try rollersetting- I think all this WONDERFUL feedback is inspiring me to start putting more time and effort into my hair!

It could be VERY worth it- Time to get back in the books and re-educate! hahaha :grin: thanks, so much, again!

Braid it. Don't do anything irreversable until you are sure. Just braid it so it can leave you alone for a while.

Excellent advice!
I think this might be a very smart idea for me- especially with the coming cold clip that early fall and winter bring. The only strange thing about me is that when I got my hair braided (pre-bc when my hair was semi-more managable) I notice the stylists put too much gel, tell me my scalp (towards the nape of my neck) is highly movable, and get frustrated because of the amount of hair.

Any suggestions on how I should go about the braiding? I tried to teach myself but my head is too damn big, lol, and I don't have the coordination. I definitely want to try to re-teach myself. Either way, maybe if I leave it alone for a while, my next hair "move" will come to me, i'm sure! Very sound and helpful advice!! Thank you a million times over! ;)

Flat iron with Sabino Moisture Block:grin:

lollll sabino- is that a dominican product like miss key?
I used to LOVE dominican products while I was transitioning! My only thing is they use sooooo many mineral oils, petroleum, and other things (Miss Key was my THING! now if you find one that doesn't have all of those things, LET ME KNOW!!!! I LOVE THEM! :grin:) and I was getting headaches and my hair was more brittle (in fact, american products were having the same effect until I found aveda, dr. bronners, etc., the headaches have ceased :yep: and all is well!) I think if I flat-ironed I would need to find "MAN'S BEST FLAT IRON (which I thought, ironically, was the CHI)" before proceeding. I was shocked (I got it at overstock which I DON'T recommend- I payed only a few dollars less than market value) at the negative effects it had on my hair!

I'd love more information on Sabino though if you'd like! ;) Sounds kind of wonderful! :grin:

You are so very welcome Meia.

I don't trust anyone other than me to braid my hair, so I learned from the growafrohairlong website. If I had as much hair as you, I can't say I would be doing it myself, either. But maybe you can start off slow and cornrow it, and with your length and thickness, you don't need to add any extra hair.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, and remember NO HASTY DECISIONS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
lol I am a closet hair anorexic! I admit it! lol
let me tell you- if you only KNEW how far i've come since I bc'd back in late '06, you'd be shocked! I not only had thinning all-over my head, I had dandruff (which I didn't have until I relaxed when I was smaller), my edges were coming out (I was starting to get a receeding hairline), and my hair was brittle. This website opened my eyes! I remember when I bc'd I never felt so free and incredible in all my life. Funny to think now its causing me the most distress!
oh honey this sounds like me...thin hair, dandruff, and a receding hairline before i stopped relaxing. ooh maybe that means in a year and some change i can post this thread, talking about i dont know what to do with my WL hair! wouldnt that be a dream...

-daydreams about long hair-

lol@ the dominican and chi stories - not the fact that your hair was burnt off but i can imagine your frustration. seems like i am the only one who doesnt get told to get a perm by the DS. it took me practice with the flat iron when i was relaxed and it will take me even more practice now. i will save that for a weekend next month when i A) come down from my rollersetting high and B) can block off 24 hours to get it right. lol

I don't trust anyone other than me to braid my hair, so I learned from the growafrohairlong website. If I had as much hair as you, I can't say I would be doing it myself, either. But maybe you can start off slow and cornrow it, and with your length and thickness, you don't need to add any extra hair.

Awwww! :giveheart:
We're just alike!!
I don't trust anyone to do anything to my hair anymore. I find that instead of there being stylists, most of them think they have the right to do to you whatever they want (included but not limited to sabotage, lol)...

I think i'm definitely going to have to check out that website! :grin: I really like only relying on myself for haircare so it would be so much more helpful to know. If I could find out how to, i've always wanted to try 2 strand flat-twists and thick cornrows. It would make my styling so much more easier! I tell you its hard to even do a ponytail sometimes with my hair- its thick but when it shrinks up (damn curl retention! :spank: lol!) it because a short, thick mess....thick hair is definitely a double-edged sword, more so when you can't handle the amount of hair you have "like that". I think if i'm successful, that would be THE style for me because its so easy. Especially when I go back to college (this fall is the first time in 2 years) it'll make juggling studying/work/LIFE SO much more easier! Thanks so much again for all the brilliant ideas!

PS: You're right NO HASTY DECISIONS- thanks to you! :yep::yep::yep:

oh honey this sounds like me...thin hair, dandruff, and a receding hairline before i stopped relaxing. ooh maybe that means in a year and some change i can post this thread, talking about i dont know what to do with my WL hair! wouldnt that be a dream...

-daydreams about long hair-

lol@ the dominican and chi stories - not the fact that your hair was burnt off but i can imagine your frustration. seems like i am the only one who doesnt get told to get a perm by the DS. it took me practice with the flat iron when i was relaxed and it will take me even more practice now. i will save that for a weekend next month when i A) come down from my rollersetting high and B) can block off 24 hours to get it right. lol

YES, YES- did I mention YES!
Once I stopped and chopped it all off (I knew when I chopped it was a risk that had to be done- I really didn't feel I had anything to lose) all those little nasty side effects promptly went right away-- My hairline grew back thick and lush (I had used MN at the time but soon stopped because I realized there was no point if I was going to put more chemicals on), the dandruff completely stopped, the free feeling was so empowering I had even wondered why I had waited as long as I did to do it!

I didn't ever think i'd be posting (especially with not waistlength stretched hair) at the time I had to rock for 9+ Months a "saved by the bell" a.c. slater curly thing for a WHILE. I was so unhappy but "keeping my eyes on the prize" made the time pass so quickly and painlessly. When I went to cut those first few locks I quickly realized its just hair and that i'll live with 3 inches or 30- letting go of that I think is what helped. That and the dream that when I finally had babies, they could coil their tiny fingers in my locks and "play in mommy's hair". Girl, i'm sure you'll far surpass me and be there in WAY less than a year- your heart is so much in the right place, you'll be there soon and then some! :grin::grin:

Frustration for days! lolll thank goodness you weren't in that position. Theres nothing worse than being in a salon, a place for free-interchange of ideas, and having someone try to shove their opinions down your throat (as if they knew what was best for you anyway, ha! :grin:). Nothing worse!

I will say natural hair is so BEAUTIFULLY REWARDING. How unique it makes us is surely worth the wait in my opinion and it does take time, but, once you get going in the beginning and find the right products, styles, and regimen that fits your hair type to a t, life will NEVER be more simpler. If ever you or ANY FELLOW LHCF'er needs any ideas or hair advice about natural hair (I do know basic styling- twists, box braids etc.,), i've been there and back and can definitely lend my 2 cents or at least be of some assistance!

I think you are on to something! I think 24 hours of non-stop hair fun is what we BOTH need, lol, and once I come down off my laziness high (ohhh i'm ohhh so lazy!) and can find enough time myself, we can BOTH get somewhere! lol!!! Thanks again to you and all the ladies that replied- you've ALLL BEEN SO INSPIRING- THERE'S SO MUCH BEAUTIFUL HAIR TO BE ENVIOUS OF!!!!:love::love: ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!

Cut it and either start over fresh or if like me, you've never had short hair, for a new experience.

Ohhhh i've been there!!! :yep::yep:
In fact, one time I went to a salon that almost all the ladies in my immediate family went to once, for JUST A TRIM and ended up with a darn bc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, in fact, i've bc'd twice in my life...lol :ohwell: and it WASN'T so good the first time because I was 8, just starting to be social, and I felt so little confidence for myself because it was unexpected. In fact, people thought I was a boy and I had to dress extra girly and with earrings for anyone to know I wasn't :wallbash:

I think bc'ing again could be something to consider, but i'd definitely have to do it right and if I did, it would have to be very, very VERY short so that way I could start fresh- definitely something to think about! THANKS SO MUCH ALL IDEAS ARE CERTAINLY APPRECIATED! :grin:

YES, YES- did I mention YES!
Once I stopped and chopped it all off (I knew when I chopped it was a risk that had to be done- I really didn't feel I had anything to lose) all those little nasty side effects promptly went right away-- My hairline grew back thick and lush (I had used MN at the time but soon stopped because I realized there was no point if I was going to put more chemicals on), the dandruff completely stopped, the free feeling was so empowering I had even wondered why I had waited as long as I did to do it!

Frustration for days! lolll thank goodness you weren't in that position. Theres nothing worse than being in a salon, a place for free-interchange of ideas, and having someone try to shove their opinions down your throat (as if they knew what was best for you anyway, ha! :grin:). Nothing worse!

I will say natural hair is so BEAUTIFULLY REWARDING. How unique it makes us is surely worth the wait in my opinion and it does take time, but, once you get going in the beginning and find the right products, styles, and regimen that fits your hair type to a t, life will NEVER be more simpler. If ever you or ANY FELLOW LHCF'er needs any ideas or hair advice about natural hair (I do know basic styling- twists, box braids etc.,), i've been there and back and can definitely lend my 2 cents or at least be of some assistance!
where have you been all my natural life...LOL! i was sitting here on LHCF trying to set hair goals (i will reach this length before i BC, etc) and one day i just said enough is enough. best day of my life...nothing could explain that feeling.

but i have had a bad salon experience at a black salon...i dont know why i went there AFTER they bleached my hair with that dark and lovely and tore my hair up with that badly done weave, but i was desperate for a mini-chop and didnt have the confidence to do it myself. first they wanted to straighten it first, then they wanted to do ALLLL this other stuff when all i wanted was a trim. i had already washed and conditioned it to my liking. this fool touched my hair saying "oh its softer than i thought it would be" :look: and ran a SMALL TOOTHED COMB through my hair while she was cutting. she didnt even take off a lot and charged $15. i could have done that myself, so when it was time for the BC i did. went right in the bathroom with a pair of scissors.

i hope you stick around...i can see myself stalking your fotki or PMing you with random hair questions. :Rose:

I don't have any real suggestions lol but for the brittle hair/split ends thing,stop washing everyday.I used to wash everyday and then wonder why my hair was splitting and looking dull and I found it was the co-washing.Get a good moisturizing DC and a do it with heat atleast once a week and your hair will do a big turn around.

OT: Girl, tell me more about how you learned to braid and cornrow. If I am gonna stay natural, I will really need to be able to do these things myself. I think part of my hair frustrations are due to the fact that I can not cornrow or braid to save my life:nono:. Please tell me more.

OP, you hair is just gorgeous. I wish I had you dilemma. Hey you and I could switch heads. I am tired of my TWA and you are tired of you BAA. We can switch back after a while, though I may not want to give it back. Its the perfect solution.:lachen::lachen:
But seriously, you have beautiful hair...please don't cut it and just try something new. You hair is a length you can experiment with (no mad experiments though...Don't want you to end up bold:grin:)

I don't have any suggestions. I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your hair is. I do understand completely your dilemna. This is the longest I have worn my hair natural and I have to thank this website for the information. I know I would have gone back to relaxing had it no been for LHCF.

On the other hand I will say that if you were to decide to cut it off, I doubt you would have any problems with your hair growing, so do whatever your heart tells you to do.

OP, you hair is just gorgeous. I wish I had you dilemma. Hey you and I could switch heads. I am tired of my TWA and you are tired of you BAA. We can switch back after a while, though I may not want to give it back. Its the perfect solution.:lachen::lachen:
But seriously, you have beautiful hair...please don't cut it and just try something new. You hair is a length you can experiment with (no mad experiments though...Don't want you to end up bold:grin:)

I was thinking the same thing. I wish I had the OP's problem AND I wish my hair could reach WL stretched in 3 years. If at my 3 year mark I'm not there...hm.

Girl, if you're going to cut anything just get a cut into a style yet, keeping the length.

Enjoy that beautiful hair guuuuuuuuurl!

I choose option "F": Whatever you decide to do, DON"T CUT IT! Pleeease! lol.

Hehehehe, wonderful suggestion!!!!:grin::grin:
I'm trying SO HARD not to wield some scissors, get up enough confidence again and cut it- I think all of us on this board talk about "when we get there" what we'll do but SERIOUSLY WHEN YOU GET THERE WHAT DO YOU DO?! Hahahahha. I remember how optimistic I was! I was like "ohhhh i'll do long two-strand twists" and i'll "bun and sometimes leave my hair out to blow and swing in the wind" and then now that i'm here, it's nothing like I thought it would be (lol I don't know if thats my fault or my hair's fault!!! :rolleyes:)....

Girl, i'm TRYING! I will try harder not to cut anymore off- goodness knows it's either short or long-- I don't want to be at that "awkward hair length" where you can barely put it in a ponytail and you can barely leave it out looking the way you REALLY want it to look- AGAIN! lolll Thanks so much for giving me some insight to think about! :yep:

Hahahaha Girl I should say the same about you!! :grin:
where have you been all my natural life...LOL! i was sitting here on LHCF trying to set hair goals (i will reach this length before i BC, etc) and one day i just said enough is enough. best day of my life...nothing could explain that feeling.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! I remember it like it was yesterday- I settled down to wash and condition my hair and I was getting FRUSTRATED! I had like a massively huge TWA completed by the nastiest 8-12 or so inches of relaxed hair. I was setting goals too (mine, at the time, was Kelis- all the way! there's this one picture (I hope it works- I attached the picture below) of Kelis that was my MAJOR inspiration. So much so that I figured why not just do it and I chopped IT ALL! I had transitioned (apparently, lol I didn't even know what a transition was at the time! lol) for roughly 18 months before cutting so my hair was just above my shoulder yet it would curl to a mini-fro that was SO annoying! It really IS the best day-- just knowing that you're finally finally free!

but i have had a bad salon experience at a black salon...i dont know why i went there AFTER they bleached my hair with that dark and lovely and tore my hair up with that badly done weave, but i was desperate for a mini-chop and didnt have the confidence to do it myself. first they wanted to straighten it first, then they wanted to do ALLLL this other stuff when all i wanted was a trim. i had already washed and conditioned it to my liking. this fool touched my hair saying "oh its softer than i thought it would be" :look: and ran a SMALL TOOTHED COMB through my hair while she was cutting. she didnt even take off a lot and charged $15. i could have done that myself, so when it was time for the BC i did. went right in the bathroom with a pair of scissors.

i hope you stick around...i can see myself stalking your fotki or PMing you with random hair questions. :Rose:

I'm with you on the salon and mini-chops stories!
Let me tell you, i'd have done the same as you with the dyeing/bleaching but for some reason in my town they couldn't get REGULAR styling right and that made me fearful so I resisted (instead butchering my own hair with various colors- ironically enough DARK AND LOVELY! lol) In my case, just a few months before bc'ing I had a stylist cornrow my hair (thinking I was doing something good for my hair to give a rest! HA!:lachen:)- not only did she PULL SO TIGHT SHE TORE MY EDGES BUT she used A GALLON OF BLACK HAIR GEL to do it (all of which cost me $90 for a few large cornrows- she claimed the length and thickness was what made it so high..:rolleyes:). I did some mini-chops after but they never felt like they were DOING anything beneficial (and the gel she used seemed to dry my hair out permanently no matter the deep conditioning I did :nono:). It always seemed like I was getting nowhere fast so after that catastrophe I just chopped.

OH MY GOODNESS GIRL YOU AND THE SMALL TOOTHED COMB TOO????!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash: THAT SAME TRICK DID THE SAME THING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU USE A SMALL TOOTHED COMB ON HAIR THAT HAS NATURAL BODY AND DOESN'T HAVE A FRESH RELAXER SLAPPED IN I'LL NEVER KNOW!:censored::censored: And what was worse? That fool tried to give me HAIR TIPS (As if I didn't already think she was crazy she tried to tell me that I need to trim regularly to CUT OFF THE DEAD ENDS WHEN HAIR, ITSELF, IS DEAD!) as if I was listening to her looking like a burnt, dried up mess:nuts: CRAZY! lolololol its funny to laugh about now but I was so furious I stormed out of there (after paying her and she expected a tip) and had to call out from work just so I could condition this mess! :sad:

Awwww! We can be hair buddies! :grin: lol AND keep in touch! Feel free to PM ANYTIME! I seriously need to update my fotki- might do so today if I stay in (the weather has been acting up here!) I'll definitely let you know that way you can laugh at my poor wayward hair! hahaha :grin:

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
I don't have any real suggestions lol but for the brittle hair/split ends thing,stop washing everyday.I used to wash everyday and then wonder why my hair was splitting and looking dull and I found it was the co-washing.Get a good moisturizing DC and a do it with heat atleast once a week and your hair will do a big turn around.

lol i'm NOT picky- any help is still WONDERFUL help! ;)
I think I really need to! There was a time where I thought moisture (by way of washing everyday) was beneficial and I was so wrong (I used to use soap everyday). Now I more rinse and co-wash although I do try to shampoo at least every other day. I think I might try not washing but maybe twice a week- but I will tell you it's just those days in-between that kick your butt :ohwell::lachen:....I need to really get re-aquainted with my hair!

I started using WGO (the light moisturizing one) and its brought back SO MUCH MORE suppleness to my strands...Also, i've been wanting to try Aveda's damage remedy (but, alas, it costs WAYY too much! :nono:) and do some deep conditioning with that each week but I think I might just start saving up for it! And I also need a dryer (geez, what the heck DO I own!:perplexed) since I kind of threw all the ones I had in the attic somewhere [that fried my hair originally]. THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL REPLY! I'm going to see if I can be a DC thats cheaper for now (but still with more natural ingredients) and a cheap hair dryer!!

PS: I recently found that Aveda's shampoo/conditioner with the morikue protein (can't remember what the name of it is- when I remember i'll edit!) was SO HELPFUL. It does make your hair slightly hard, but, it conditions like nobodys business!:yep:

Wow pretty hair! I was going to suggest going to a salon getting it colored and straightened......but no matter what you do dont cut it or relax it LOL

Girrrrrl, I think you should shave it all off and then dye your scalp some funky colors, just for kicks :grin:

ok, seriously :lachen: Your hair looks fabulous but it does look like it could use a style. Hmm, if it's too difficult to manage, you might wanna consider relaxing or texturizing at least. Also, I would suggest investing in a trip to a PROFESSIONAL salon for a cute cut or one of those sexy just outta bed long wavy styes that the celebs rock (think Victoria's Secret model :drunk: ).

There are stylists out there who actually know what they're doing and *listen* to their clients. It costs more than the mom & pop joint on the block, but you get what you pay for. :yep:

Good Luck!!!

Back