What product(s) do you love that is cheap....

sweetcocoa

easy to find(you don't have to buy it online) and you would buy again? For me it is Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek and the Elasta QP Mango Butter.

Without a doubt, Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is truly multi-purpose, dirt cheap (like $1 a bottle!) and works really well. Great for conditioner washes, Selah's Tangle Buster Routine, stretching out expensive conditioners, a leave in moisturizer, detangler, need I go on?

Profectiv's Break-free, Mega-Growth, Mega-Moisturizer and Anti-Itch Serum.

Hollywood Beauty's Castor Oil

Any shampoo that I use.

Hot 6 Oil, Olive Oil Sheen Spray, spritz, gel, you name it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does plain old cooking olive oil count? I thinks its economical and functional. My hair couldn't live w/o it!

1. Clairol Herbal Essence's Fruit Fusions line /images/graemlins/smile.gif
2. Blackstrap molasses /images/graemlins/cool.gif
3. apple cider vinegar
4. water /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
5. olive oil
6. Profectiv line /images/graemlins/smile.gif
7. curl activator
8. infusium 23
9. Elasta QP line (although I like Elucence better but I can only get it online /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif)
(I am not a product junkie /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

1. Pantene Smooth and Sleek
2. Elasta QP Mango Butter
3. Elasta QP Penetrating Moisturizer (DA BOMB for moisture)
4. Profectiv Megagrowth
5. Olive Oil
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
7. S-Curl No Curl Activator

i dont have a real regime at the moment but products that have blown me away have been breakthru shampoo and elasta qp mango butter moisturizer. God bless you all.

Pantene Smooth and Sleek
Apple Cider Vinegar
I'll decide on the mango butter once I try it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Armyqt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm such a PJ lately...I like the mango butter so much...now I want to try this...

I would definately have to say the Dark and Lovely Cholesterol. Compared to the other stuff that I have purchased, not only is it cheap...it works! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

do you follow this with a moisturizing conditioner? i want to try this because of all the raves. God bless you all.

Hi Azul,

Not at all. Oh I think there are two of them so let me clarify...I use Dark and Lovely's Ultra Cholesterol. It conditions, moisturizes and detangles. I don't use any other conditioners to follow up with it, except my leave in. I must tell you, I basically use a lot of natural products but this conditioner has been the only product that is not natural that I really like. I also like the Elucence and used that over the summer when I was doing my conditioner washes (but that's an online product).

sweetcocoa said:
Armyqt said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm such a PJ lately...I like the mango butter so much...now I want to try this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa this stuff is phenomenal! It works great on natural hair also. I've been using this on me and my daughter's hair since last week talk about moisture. I guess it would be comparable to a curl activator because glycerin is the second ingredient. But it has a way different feel. It sprays out more watery, like a spray leave-in. It has really helped my daughter with shrinkage. It seems to stretch out the hair. I was planning to do a review on it but I wanted to wait a little bit to see if it had staying power. I use it on my hair wet or dry. I even used it along with some other stuff to do a rollerset! (my best rollerset yet). It didn't weigh my fine hair down at all. It's very versatile. If you decide to try it, let me know how you like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. I've had it less than a week and it's less than half full!

oh okay. when i used to get cholesterol on my hair i think it was qh my stylist used to put me under the dryer. she never put anything on afterwards she just washed and then roller set so i wasnt sure if this was the same thing. so you basically use it as a conditioner or as a deep conditioner? do you do shampoo cholesterol? or shampoo condtioner cholesterol? sorry for all the questions i am trying to seriously finalize a rotation plan i can live with for a couple of months. God bless you all.

so you basically use it as a conditioner or as a deep conditioner? do you do shampoo cholesterol? or shampoo condtioner cholesterol? sorry for all the questions i am trying to seriously finalize a rotation plan i can live with for a couple of months. God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem Azul, ask away. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I would shampoo, ACV, then use the cholesterol, then put on a leave in spray. Since my basic routine is mostly natural products, I haven't been using the D&amp;L like I used to when I was relaxed. I only use it every now and then now that I'm natural but I will say this...with each use, the way it works never deteriorates...You know, how some conditioners after a while don't seem to work right? This one always work...at least for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh ok i was just wondering if it would be overkill to use it after i use a conditioner. i am so wanting to get elucence. i wanted to get it last spring but the fact that it was online made me slow down. i do plan to finally get it. i may alternate that with breakthru conditioner and the cholesterol. i want to have at least three products of each to rotate since i want to wash at least 2x a week. God bless you all.

1. Extra virgin olive oil - multiple uses, natural &amp; works.
2. Motions Moisture Plus - cheap and does exactly what it says.
3. S-Curl No Drip Activator - Softens &amp; moisturizes hair like a dream.
4. Awaiting to pass judgement on this when I try it: Apple Cider Vinegar

castor oil - cheap, moisturizing, and a little goes a loong way. All for 99p!

superdrug's intensive henna treatment (superdrug is a uk store). Costs only £1.79 for 200ml. Its really cheap. creamy, moisturizing. I plan to mix it with some BSM.

Orange flower water/ rose water - i use it as a base for my spritz with glycerin, a bit of redken all soft. really nice. Orange flower water was historically used in europe as an aid for grooming childrens hair.

Glycerin 79p from the store. A little helps.

tap water! /images/graemlins/grin.gif what would my hair do if it wasnt drenched in the stuff on wash days?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

also, curl activators, esp. scurl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good grief, I almost forgot about ACV, that's cheaper than the Suave and really works miracles.

I also like the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment.

Hi All,

I like Pantene Pro-V Smooth &amp; Sleek, Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner (it is really cheap at vitacost.com) and Care Free Curl Gold activator.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

olive oil
honey( i mix this with olive oil &amp; ORS Mayo for deep conditioning)
Castor oil

better braids spray (has glycerin)

sweetcocoa said:
easy to find(you don't have to buy it online) and you would buy again? For me it is Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek and the Elasta QP Mango Butter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say without a doubt, it would have to be the Elasta QP Mango Butter and Water. I'm getting in the habit of spraying my hair with just water and sealing it with the Mango Butter. It has been working like a charm for my hair type.

Since i'm broke as heck ALL i've been using lately are cheaper products:

CON shamp
Breathru Shamp
motions detangler (used a leave in)... very good at detangling and has some good ingredients
D&amp;L cholesterol
Smooth &amp;Sleek

mid priced:
WGO
ORS products (but they work very well on my hair)

Re: What product(s) do you love that are cheap....

BabyLove conditioning detangler
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Carefree curl moisturizer
Suave coconut conditioner
Coconut oil
olive oil
Olive oil sheen spray

1). Castor Oil
2). B&amp;B's castor oil moisturizer
3). Coconut Oil (stretches out new growth)
4). Wal-mart's generic no tears (for children) detangler. Wal-mart's brand is .99 cents. It's the generic of Johnson and Johnson's. (I just bought it last night, but I used it and it works.)

6). Target's Biotin tablets (1000mcg). $2 something for $100 tablets.

I am loving the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Honey hot oil treatments. Sometime I add Castor Oil.

Also, love Lady Velvet Natural Sheen. It's not an aerosol sheen, but a pump and leaves a nice natural looking shine to your hair.

Profectiv Healthy Ends

/images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

Back