What not to wear April 9,did you see her hair?!!

danysedai

I taped What not to wear and the nominee was an african american woman from New York City. She had big curly natural hair that I loved on hair and thought suited her personality. I liked what Ted did to her hair(colour and a more modern shape) before it oeverwhelmed her face and the new cut opened her features, she was very pretty :)

Now,I'm relaxed but I was bummed at all Clinton and Stacey's comments about her big hair, saying they couldn't see themselves in the 360 mirror because of her hair:sad: I thought it only needed some curl definition and a new shape and I was right,beautiful work Ted :grin:

I saw that. I was afraid the stylist was going to do something drastic to her hair but he did a nice job with the cut and color. It made a big difference!

I thought her hair was beautiful, before & after. I thought she had plenty of curl definition before the cut. It did look great after Ted shaped it up.

Let my fro get to that length, I will not know how to act. lol

:blush:THATS MY FRIEND!!!:grin: Well, more like my brothers friend but still.....I WAS DYING THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!! Here's me and her at the theatre last winter. I didn't post it to my blog cuz the photographer caught me at a horrible angle:nono: but she looks amazing! And her hair is even more spectacular irl:love3:

Attachments

• Me and Mirriam.jpg
    Me and Mirriam.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
:blush:THATS MY FRIEND!!!:grin: Well, more like my brothers friend but still.....I WAS DYING THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!! Here's me and her at the theatre last winter. I didn't post it to my blog cuz the photographer caught me at a horrible angle:nono: but she looks amazing! And her hair is even more spectacular irl:love3:

mail

Awww, I can't see the pic :(

Can't see the pic either. But I did happen to catch the episode and I did like the shape they gave her hair! And that dress that she was wearing at the end was pretty.

I loved that hair color Ted put in her hair. He gave it a nice shape, but it looked great before too. I'm so glad she got on there with the new stylist, that last one Nick would have ruined it.

I loved that hair color Ted put in her hair. He gave it a nice shape, but it looked great before too. I'm so glad she got on there with the new stylist, that last one Nick would have ruined it.

YES HE WOULD HAVE, you are speaking the truth!

BMP, she seems like a lot of fun. Her shape was amazing & she was wearing the heck out of that blue dress. She's gorgeous! Uh, is she really a nudist? lol

I was loving her hair!!!! .:drool::notworthy

I wish my hair grew up and out like hers. And the color was awesome!!!

Got me thinking about coloring my hair now... :scratchch

I thought it looked better before. Did you all see all the little pieces he left hanging? Long strips of hair were sticking out everywhere b/c he cut pieces of her hair at an angle. It was almost as if he didn't know what to do to her hair so he just took a pair of scissors to it (like he does everyone else). If anything her afro was more "modern" before. He turned it into a round afro - which is exactly how they wore afro's in the 70's. He shouldve done a twistout or cut bangs, or flat iron to show length - but I guess she still looked nice.

Last edited:
what was wrong with her hair before???

i liked it....

ETA: OMG!!! The cut off all her hair!!!!!! she must have some kinda gentle spirit because i would have been HOT!!!! It looks like he took off half her length!!!

Last edited:
I saw her last night in the play she is starring in located in NYC Caliguaus Maximus...and yes she is a nudist! :yep: Her hair is the business!

Yep, I caught the show and was glued to every sec after that....I did not like the cut. I thought she had great shape before...sometimes the way your grows out is just fine :-) The color was great.

Yall are reminding me how much I adore her hair when I see her...I think I'll interview her for my blog:yep:

BMP, she seems like a lot of fun. Her shape was amazing & she was wearing the heck out of that blue dress. She's gorgeous! Uh, is she really a nudist? lol
I didn't even know that about her lol when I saw them say that I was like worrrrddd:blush: lol but she's cool peoples, the acting types are eclectic so I just go with the flow when it comes to my friends in the performing arts here in NY:rofl:

I thought it looked better before. Did you all see all the little pieces he left hanging? Long strips of hair were sticking out everywhere b/c he cut pieces of her hair at an angle. It was almost as if he didn't know what to do to her hair so he just took a pair of scissors to it (like he does everyone else). If anything her afro was more "modern" before. He turned it into a round afro - which is exactly how they wore afro's in the 70's. He shouldve done a twistout or cut bangs, or flat iron to show length - but I guess she still looked nice.
I totally felt the same way I think just the color would have been fine....doesn't matter though because her hair has completely grown back out and taken on the shape in had in the beginning:yep:....thank goodness....whenever I run into her I'm just like:pant:

BlackMasterPiece, how long has she been natural?
Not sure.....she strikes me as the type that might have been a lifetime natural though....

what was wrong with her hair before???

i liked it....

ETA: OMG!!! The cut off all her hair!!!!!! she must have some kinda gentle spirit because i would have been HOT!!!! It looks like he took off half her length!!!
I wouldn't say half but it was def a good chunk lol her hair is back to the original length except this time its a warm auburn color:lick:

lol I saw the show last nite. she reminds me of Jill Scott:yep: Very pretty girl
lol she gets that all the time and she loves it....she usually say thank you! she's so kind and sweet.

I think he did a nice job on her hair. Nick would have straightened it out and cut it off!

No, I have seen Nick do a twistout on a natural before- so he approached natural hair in many ways; but I have never seen this guy show that kind of versatility. They both like to hack peoples hair off, however. He butchered this poor womans hair last night. I'm surprised she sat there and took it! They need a new stylist. Blackmasterpiece, thanks for the update (small world!). I actually kind of liked her overall style & attitude before- it was neo-soulish and positive.

Back