What is your pre-shampoo treatment?

AceH

<font color="blue"> Who here does pre-shampoo treatments? What exactly is your routine? Why do you do this (i.e., what are the benefits)? Inquiring minds want to know. </font>

~andreamaria

I use 3 drops of wheat germ oil with a 1/4 cup of coconut, olive or grape seed oil. I did this faithfully when my hair was damaged.

I also use coconut milk and a tsp of honey when my hair is good shape; this gives great shine.

I read about EVOO, 1 egg, mayo, and castor oil. Leave in for about 1 hour. I will use this when I take my braids out.

My hair is dry when I apply the oil, and I leave it in for at least an hour...depends on how bad my daughters being, lol. I part it in small sections and apply it with an applicator bottle. HTH

Sebastian Potion 7 or H'Suan Wen Hua from Lush.com (if I have it on hand and I'm in the mood to smell like pumpkin pie!) Just use them for the extra moisture and treatment.

I mix some of my natural oils (depending on my mood and how much time I have) I use a mixture of any of the following: coconut, evoo, jojoba, avocado, castor oils. I always add honey to the mix and let my hair "marinate" for 20 mins to an hour and rinse.

Hi,

I do an hot oil treatment for 20-30 mins.
I belive it helps by preventing any stripping when shampooing
Once finished shampooing and doing my other treatments, my hair turns out good.

Honey, castor oil and coconut oil for 10 minutes with a heat cap. Sometimes I will use olive oil (like I did today) if I am running low on the castor oil.
I keep meaning to try the coconut milk/lime recipe. One of these days!

okay, what's up with the honey? My sis gave me a lil' bear jar of honey that's really hard - not sure if this is normal or not, but do you heat the honey, &amp; mix it with the oils evenly? I'm afraid the honey will make my hair sticky...

Honey is a natural humectant which means it draws moisture to the hair. It also helps to smooth the hair and make it shiny.

For my pre-shampoo treatment I've finally settled on honey, olive oil, castor oil, and Lekair cholesterol. I like to mix the oils and honey with the cholesterol because it makes a thicker consistency and keeps the oil from running down my neck so much. I just go through and slather it all over my dry hair, starting with the ends. Then I put a plastic cap over it and leave it on anywhere from an hour to overnight.

Don't worry about left over stickiness. It rinses cleanly from the hair. It's just easier to apply if you mix it with an oil first.

I use olive oil and castor oil I leave it for 20-30 min before washing my hair.
Doing pre-shampoo treatment help keep my hair flake free when using my dandruff shampoo.

My new thing (for several months now) is to combine Razac's Hot Oil with honey and olive oil and leave on for 15-20 minutes. I cannot live without a hot oil treatment as a preshampoo treatment.

I learned this from caramelhonee. Hi caramel
wave.gif

I mix vo5 conditoner(the orange one not peaches Tangerine)with honey that already warmed up and carribean cocnout oil I part my hair in about 6 sections and apply so far i tried this once but I like the results

I started as of last week using the Honey w/EVOO &amp; a conditioner (Usually my Humecto), I'll try honey w/Coconut Oil tonight when I go to the gym (I had a thought this morning about applying this preshampoo treatment prior to working out, putting on a plastic cap and then my little workout beanie)(to create a kind of heat cap effect because of body heat).

No need to worry about the Honey rinsing out, it rinses surprisingly very well. I was TRULY shocked first time I did this two weeks ago.

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
I mix some of my natural oils (depending on my mood and how much time I have) I use a mixture of any of the following: coconut, evoo, jojoba, avocado, castor oils. I always add honey to the mix and let my hair "marinate" for 20 mins to an hour and rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too- castor, honey, aloe, coconut oil, about 45 minutes. almost too soft. all my shed hair for the past week comes out immediately.

<font color="blue">Thanks for responding ladies. I will try a pre-shampoo treatment tonight with honey, hot 6 oil, and probably some conditioner all mixed up capped with plastic cap - now that leaves me one more question. What's up with sitting under a hood dryer for a few minutes before I shampoo? Any benefits or does is that not really necessary?

I will also post my results tomorrow - I'm really curious about the honey. We shall see! Thanks ladies! </font>

<font color="blue"> oh yeah, can't forget the castor &amp; olive oil. This will be interesting
smile.gif
</font>

I don't sit under the dryer. I just put a plastic shopping bag (or cap) on my head and let my natural body heat activate the oils. Also, i warm my oils (in the microwave) before I put them on, this helps 2.

You can also warm up a towel in the microwave, and place same on your head (OVER the plastic cap).

Back