What is your pre-shampoo treatment?

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
This has been a good way to get rid of the conditioners that I don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm going to start using up my old conditioners by doing pre-shampoo treatments with them...
smile.gif

I tried the popular honey and olive oil combo...it worked ok for me but I found that the honey was just a little too sticky and drove me crazy, my hair was moist though, I just think I'll stick to putting on an essential oil prior to washing.

I'm a little confused...so after a pre-shampoo treatment, you wash and condition? Or do you just rinse the treatment, shampoo and go?
look.gif

i wash and condition after the pre-poo treatment. i dont really think it would called a pre-poo treatment if you didnt wash afterwards..
scratchchin.gif

I'm sitting with Elasta DPR mixed with molasses on my hair now
smile.gif
Usually, I use any condition I'm trying to use up + castor oil + honey. That stuff works everytime
grin.gif

I did my first pre-poo treatment last week and will keep doing that. The night before I washed my hair, I mixed some Hot Six Oil(love the smell), wheatgerm oil and EVOO and applied to my dry hair. Put on a shower cap slept with it. My hair felt great but I'll try it on damp hair next time

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
molasses? WOAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep
smile.gif
Do a search on "blackstrap molasses" or "BSM" and you'll find lots of info. This is my first time using it, but from what I understand it has a lot of the same beneficial properties of honey (plus added sheen and other stuff).

I did it for the first time last night! I applied my Keracare Essential Oils on my hair for an hour, with a cap. The I did my usual hair wash routine. Today, my hair seemed to have more body, very swingy! I'm doing the flaxseed oil pre-treatment next time, then I'll do this again.

Hot oil treatment with Ebene Shea Butter Regenerating Hair Treatment Oil or Lush H'suan Wen Hua Treatment

I'm trying out a new one: methi powder mixed with castor, coconut and almond oil. Its supposed to promote growth. I followed the recipe exactly last time. I just mixed up a fresh jar and added honey and cinnamon to it as well.

Honey, EVOO and Dabur Amla Oil. I wear a plastic cap for hours or overnight. I think Amla Oil gave me a lot of build-up but I'm going to try less and see what happens.

Oh no... greatness, amla gave you build up? On your hair or your scalp or both?

I have this on my scalp right now
frown.gif
(this is only my second time using it and I planned on leaving in on overnight)

I just started recently after joining this board (thx ladies) and I use Hot 6 Oil (which I learned about from this board) and Suave Milk n Honey (also this board). I put a cap on my head for about 20-30 minutes. I like a pre treatment because I can get my shampoo lathered in one go whereas before I used to have to apply some and rinse that out and apply again and rinse out and apply again and rinse out just to get it to suds up

I use whatever oils I have lying around (anything from EVOO to jojoba oil) and Suave Milk & Honey conditioner.

Today I used Jojoba Oil and Suave m&h, and now I'm airdrying in two ponytails and they are very moisturized!

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Oh no... greatness, amla gave you build up? On your hair or your scalp or both?

I have this on my scalp right now
frown.gif
(this is only my second time using it and I planned on leaving in on overnight)

[/ QUOTE ]

Miss Brown- I am so sorry. I didn't realize you had a question for me. I got build up mostly on my new growth and it took a few washes to get out. But how did the amla oil go for you? I threw mine out after the second time and getting the same build up. However, it really did make my hair softer and moisturized. I would buy it again this time in the store- I think I got a bad bottle shipped.

I did a friends hair today and I used honey, evoo and a cheap conditioner. She is transitioning and has been transitioning for about a year. After the preshampoo, followed by shampooing and conditioning, her hair was so soft. There were some tangles simply because she is still working with 2 hair textures--relaxed and natural. But her hair was like butta...

candycane

Tene, do you heat the evoo first, apply it, and then apply the coconut milk? or do you heat it, mix it with the coconut milk and then apply? or does it not make a difference?

I just mix it in with the coconut milk like it is. I don't heat it at all. I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

<font color="purple">What I did with my coconut milk is I add it along with my evoo and heat it for a few seconds. Then afterwards I mixed in some Tropical Coconut conditioner and applied it to my hair. Right now I'm leaving this on my hair overnight, and in the morning, it'll be rinsed out before applying my conditioner for my wash. I just love the way this mixture makes my hair soft and smelling coconutty. </font>

In order to make sure that a shampoo is good to my hair, I like to rub oil (right now castor oil and Alma oil) into my hair the day b/4 a shampoo. My hair comes out clean and not stripped, and it gives my hair a healthy sheen. As per the claims of these oils, they're supposed to act as an antioxidant for my scalp and also help it grow thicker healthier hair.

I'm officially jumping off of the pre-shampoo bandwagon. I tried adding the oil I would use for preshampooing - either doo gro growth stimulating or pure olive oil but tonight it was the doo gro- directly to my aubrey gpb in a seperate bottle just for mixing concoctions. I shook it well and put it on my hair after conditioner washing. Then I let it sit with heat for a half hour and my hair came out feeling AMAZING! It felt as soft and supple as chenille
wink.gif

So i'm gonna do this from now on and save the extra step.

Hmm, Duh I forgot I went back to no pooing! But still
smile.gif

Back