What is your pre-shampoo treatment?

I massage in some warm EVOO for a few minutes until my hair is saturated and then I put Kera Care Dry&Itchy scalp conditioner on top of that and sit under my bonnet dryer for 30 minutes.

I use either Aubrey's GPB, Nexxus Humectress or Vegetal Silica conditioner and spritz w/distilled water, then sit under a heat cap for at least 20 mins. If I don't use heat I keep it on for an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
I massage in some warm EVOO for a few minutes until my hair is saturated and then I put Kera Care Dry&Itchy scalp conditioner on top of that and sit under my bonnet dryer for 30 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bo---
wave.gif

I was wondering why you layer the oil and conditioner as opposed to blending the two for application? Is there a difference in benefit?

Thanks.

This may sound silly, but the hair is dry for the pre-treatment? I haven't heard anyone mention rinsing it first. Thanks ahead of time.

I just tried it one day on a whim.

I've used both products alone and achieved great results with just the EVOO, but mediocre results with the Kera Care deep conditioner.

I wanted to give it another try before I threw it away (I had my mind set on tossing it) so I just put it right on top of the EVOO.

I didn't want any oil dripping down my face so I figured the conditioner would help soak up some of the oil (turned out to be completely untrue), so I put it on last.

My pre-shampoo treatment came out even more moisturizing for some reason. The EVOO is to moisturize my scalp and hair, the conditioner is there for the same reason, but also to keep the oil from dripping.

I'm going to use less oil next time and see how it goes.

<font color="blue"> UPDATE!!! Okay ladies, I did my pre shampoo treatment last night. This is what I did:
1. I used what was left of the LeKair cholesterol conditioner.
2. I mixed in honey (heated in the microwave), olive oil and castor oil.
3. I smoothed it all in my hair - adding extra olive oil to the dry parts.
4. Put on a plastic cap for about 25 minutes.
5. Rinsed out, shampooed, conditioned, towel dry.

RESULTS
1. MAJOR slip!!! Whoooooaaaaa!
2. Very, very soft hair

Thanks ladies. I don't know what I've been missing. These treatments are oh so necessary for me. It gave my hair the kick it needed. ...adding to weekly regime. </font>

Congrats on your success!! I can't wait until Sunday to mine again!!

I did mine last night as well. I didn't measure anything, mixed EVOO and honey, placed in microwave, put on hair with plastic cap for about an hour no heat, washed out with Optium Shampoo and use Suave conditioner and air dried my hair. My hair is so soft today.

Bumping. Ok, after reading rave reviews about pre-shampoo treatments, I decided to give it a try today, especially since I have been having problems with unusual dryness (must be the weather). Here is what I used: EVOO and Suave Coconut Conditioner.
I heated up EVOO in the microwave for 30 seconds (Thanks Boadicea!). Then I applied it and the SCC in four sections. I covered my hair with a plastic cap, and left it on for an hour. Then I shampooed, conditioned, and styled as usual (two-stranded twists). Oh my gosh, my hair was not nearly as tangly this time. Plus, my twists seem to have more a "sheen" than normal. Wowweee!! I am definitely adding this to my routine!! Thanks ladies!!

I have used the Fekkai Shea Butter Hair Mask and the Phyto HUILE D'ALÈS - Revitalizing botanical oil. Both products provide moisture and sheen to the hair. I am on the PJ challenge but I would like to try the Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate one day.

I'm loving any combo mixed with warmed honey + oil (currently EVOO). This has been a good way to get rid of the conditioners that I don't like. I'm so in love with honey right now.

The last few times I wash, I applied a mixture of the following to my scalp:

Oil mixed with Rosemary Growth Blend (or Rosemary EO) and Peppermint.

I put on a plastic cap for about an hour and then wash. My scalp tingles and it's supposed to stimulate growth. But definitely needs to be washed out so it doesn't clog my scalp and then inhibit growth!

I am sorry but I am also lost here.
The pre-poo treatment is used on dry or wet hair? Beacause I remember reading somewhere here that Hot oils treatment work better on wet hair.
Thank you

Hi Tchutchuca,

I prefer to apply *warm* pre-poo treatments to *damp* hair because I find it to be the most effective on my hair. Each person has her/his own preference regarding whether the pre-poo treatment should be warm/cold and applied to dry/damp/wet hair. HTH.

I've been mixing EVOO and Castor Oil and loving it asa pre poo on damp/wet hair. The overall feel and moisture level have improved after doing this a few times. I tried to do it on dry hair but the volume of oil necessary to fully saturate my hair was making it a very costly treatment.

I also tried my first preshampoo treatment recently. I sat under a heat cap with doo grow stimulating growth oil (I bought it just for the smell LOL) and then I did my regular shampoo and deep conditioner. My hair is loving me for this attention! It stays so soft.

I started doing pre-shampoo treatments when I joined this board. I do a 20-30 minute pre-shampoo treatment with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I don't know why I do it, it just leaves my hair feeling great and smelling good!
smile.gif

warm up evoo, honey and pure shea butter. last time i tried it it made my hair hard so i'm goona try adding some conditioner to it.

Back