What is Your Favorite Hair Guide/Method

Lanna Cannon

Hi Ladies,

I have been on the site for almost two years, and I have not achieved the most length and health I believe my hair is capable of. I think it may be due to the fact that so much of my routine has been learned through trial and error.

For newbies who don't want to waste so much time in trial and error, what book/method/guide/seminar/etc. would you recommend for achieving and maintaining health and length?

Experience may not be the best teacher but it's the most effective. I still vote trial and error because what works for some doesn't work for others. If I've learned one thing here, it's that.

The method for me is all natural. I'm not militant, just have ultra sensitive hair...so it seems.

when i actually take the time to care for my hair :look: i find that the crown and glory method works wonders..it really helped my hair retain length and healthy. my hair never did well with relaxers either.

For relaxed hair that you are comfortable with wearing out I would think Cathy Howse...I would just recomend that the people look into protective styling and try different products to see what they like before settling.

And if your hair is short, your transitioning or something the crown and glory method as well.

I truly think that your hair is the best teacher - a book might have good information, but every head can react differently.
Controlled experimentation is best.

I can honestly say that the method I have seen results from is the baggie method, using Indian herbs/powders to clean/wash my hair, and organic conditioners. :) Consistancy and staying with the method (rather then off and on) is key to seeing results. ;)

Back