Votes: 13 5.3%
  • The same due to setbacks/cuts/trims but my hair is healthier

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • The same due to setbacks/cuts/trims sadly my hair is still unhealthy

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Other: Please Explain

Votes: 47 19.0%

• Total voters
to really start caring for it and how much has it grown since?

I wore weave and extensions for 3 years straight. My hair had grown to BSL when I took the weave out. It was dyed, fried, over processed, thinning, crunchy and just ate up.:nono: I was going to just cut it all off and put my weave back in until I found LHCF. I worked on it for a few weeks, but some of that hair just couldn't be saved so I did a BC to APL. Now I am full APL and I'm working my way back to BSL 2010!:rolleyes:

What has been your biggest challenge to achieving healthy AND "long" hair? Learning what works for me. I've spent a lot of money on products I found on this board! And I also went through weave withdrawls..lol. It was hard getting use to my fine strands and being gentle. You can abuse weave and when it starts to look bad, you can go buy some more!

Also what product(s) stunted your growth? None.

What product(s) helped you overcome your biggest hair challenge? I have naturally curly/wavy hair. And frizzy at the top. My biggest challenge was fighting humidity. I wanted to stay natural but I couldn't do. I'm not a big PSer so I learned to texlax with 1/4 cup of VOO in my mix so not to over or underprocess my hair. And I found the Mizani Thermasmooth line.

Products that didn't work for me:

Sabino..it worked okay. But not really that impressed.
Sealing. My hair can only take hot oil treatments. Any other oils weigh down my hair.
Wrapping my hair. Too flat, and I sweat in my sleep.
I wasn't that crazy about Keracare products.

What WORKS

Mizani Therma Smooth Products. I love them!:grin: I use the 4th spritz in the line as a holding spray when I go out and my hair does not frizz in the clubs. Now that's the true test! I love it as heat protectant too.

Rollersetting, flat ironing and then the saran wrap. I learned that on LHCF too!:drunk:

I started on LHCF at glazing SL to now full BSL in the back (as of 11/19/09) to APL in the front. What helped me was bagging my ends, and DC every 3 days. Protective styling for retention.

I was somewhere around el to cl with the back at the top of my back when I first found this website (2007). I got caught up with other posters growth and start jumping on bandwagons. Feb 2008 I had to cut my hair allll the way down due to mishap with mn. Now 22 mos later, I am around APL. I am trying to hide my hair from myself and do a length check at the end of the APL challenge Dec 31, 2009.

What products stunted your growth?
No produccts stunted my growth. Mn gave me bald spots, which I recoved from. Poor hair practices and mis-information kept me from retaining.

What products help yor biggest challenges?
CASTOR OIL.
NTM
I moisturize and seal twice a day. Lately I don't keep braids in for more than 3 weeks at a time and alway dc after I wash. Before I found LHCF I would allow my braider to take my braids down after 2-3 months with a small tooth comb:nono:, wash without dcing and just keep braiding without resting:wallbash:

The differance you've notice.
RETENTION.
My hair has never been this length. I don't know if my texture has change or has it always been like this, camoflauged under that dried mess I had before. Sometimes I wonder when will it all end. Even though I am in all kinda challenges, I'm just waiting to see how far I can go. I am sooo grateful for LHCF and all the people here:yep::yep::yep:

Back