What is Your Bedtime Regimen?

Lady Esquire

Hey ladies!

I have been experiencing stress around my nape, especially at night, due to wearing buns. I recently started moisturizing, sealing, and braiding my hair in four parts. I either wear a satin scarf or alternate with a full baggy. It is so comfortable, and it gives my edges well deserved relief. In the morning, I undo braids, moisturize/seal again, and rebun. This technique is a real keeper, when I wear airdried buns. I will obviously need a different bedtime regimen when I wear my rollersets, but it is nice to find something new.

What is your bedtime regimen(s)?

lately i've been moisturizing and sealing my ends, followed by a bagged ponytail. Then i just put my satin scarf on and a satin bonnet over that (for extra protection) and call it a night. When i don't bag, sometimes i make a loose bun, braid, or use 1 pin to tuck my ends under.

I have just been adding Mizani H2O and putting my hair in a bun at night. I add it all over and call it a night, my hair turns out like the ponytail in my siggy. I just add some Profective on my edges in the morning and hit the road.

I just started using BT, so now I do a scalp massage for 5 mins. (after I make sure my nails are smooth), then I put my hair in a loose bun, with silk scrunchy, on top of my head, put a silk scarf on and hit the sack!

[SIZE=+1] I put Sunsilk Hydra Cream along my hairline (my hair stays in baggie 24/7) and put on a silk scarf.[/SIZE]

This is my bed time regimen for my micro braids:
  1. Apply MN
  2. Spray Carefree Curl on Hair and the length of my hair in the mircro's
  3. Apply MTG to scalp
  4. Seal with Castor or WGO oil
  5. Tie with silk scarf

I didn't really havea night time routine except for big twists.

I'm trying the baggying thing now, to see how that goes.

My bedtime regimen is pretty simple. I just smack on my scarf and go to bed. I do my hair 'stuff' in the mornings.

I rub a couple of dabs of jane carter nourish and shine or ors olive oil cream through my hair and either cross wrap or just sleep with it out on a satin pillow case. I do that when I want more curl in my hair.

Looks like I am the only Old School person here. :lol:

I actually wear curlers (Satin covered Foam rollers) to bed and tie my hair down with a wrap and pretty scarf. I do this Sunday - Thursday so I can get up in the morning and finger comb for work. I don't really do too much daily moisturizing, though.

On the weekends I don't really do anything at all at night so I find that I need to moisturize once during the day on those days.

HoneyDew said:
Looks like I am the only Old School person here. :lol:

I actually wear curlers (Satin covered Foam rollers) to bed and tie my hair down with a wrap and pretty scarf. I do this Sunday - Thursday so I can get up in the morning and finger comb for work. I don't really do too much daily moisturizing, though.

On the weekends I don't really do anything at all at night so I find that I need to moisturize once during the day on those days.

When I was neck length, I wore my hair out everyday and did that. I am wearing the braids to bed for NOW. But once I start wearing my hair out, maybe when I am approaching BSL, I will be wearing curlers to bed too. I am so board with bunning. So I'll be joining you hopefully by the end of the year.

At night I coat my hair with castor oil and slip on my satin bonnet making sure to roll up the edges to the elastic band is not touching my hair. So far it's working like a charm.

Chayil

LadyEsquire said:
When I was neck length, I wore my hair out everyday and did that. I am wearing the braids to bed for NOW. But once I start wearing my hair out, maybe when I am approaching BSL, I will be wearing curlers to bed too. I am so board with bunning. So I'll be joining you hopefully by the end of the year.

If I didn't wear my hair out I probably would not wear these rollers. But, I have gotten pretty used to them now. :) I don't even notice they are there at night.

I think these are helping to keep my hair moisturized overnight. I think they are helping the moisture soak in.

I will roll my hair at night and remove them in the morning and my hair seems to be more moisturized in the morning even though I did not apply any additional mositurizer. I think they are giving me the infamous "baggie" effect without the baggie. :D

I wrap my hair. Lately, I've been adding a lil Kemi oyl and then wrapping. put on a doo rag and hop in bed! Getting harder to wrap with all this new growth though (my hair is growing like crazy!) so will probably still apply a lil oil, put in a loose low pony, and satin sleep cap.;)

1. Spray with a mixture of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner and water a few hours before bedtime.
2. Put into two braids
3. Tie a silk scarf on right before going to bed.

Wet my hair in the shower until soaking wet... then get out and add Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 ... then seal with Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng... then a Good ole' plastic shower cap under a satin bonnet.

Wet my hair in the shower until soaking wet... then get out and add Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 ... then seal with Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng... then a Good ole' plastic shower cap under a satin bonnet.

wow TPS, you do this nightly? thats alot of work. at night i say "peace out" to my hair and go to sleep.

In an ideal world, moisturize and seal (oil my scalp sometimes and massage) and put on my scarf and go to bed....

In the real world.......chill on lhcf reading about healthy hair practices :perplexed :lachen:

Nah, but for real though, I've been better at keeping up with moisturizing nightly....

Last edited:
At night I apply my own special 'mega growth mix' to my scalp. Use my denman to smooth, then tie a scarf to keep everything in it's place while I sleep. Simple and easy. When I feel like my ends are dry I moisturize them with Oyin Juice and Berries, seal with coconut oil, bun and then tie it up.

Back