What is Your Bedtime Regimen?

Like so many others, I wrap my the front of my head with a silk scarf (I'm roller setting), put some coconut oil on the ends, then put a satin bonnet on and it's sweet dreams...

Looks like I am the only Old School person here. :lol:

I actually wear curlers (Satin covered Foam rollers) to bed and tie my hair down with a wrap and pretty scarf. I do this Sunday - Thursday so I can get up in the morning and finger comb for work. I don't really do too much daily moisturizing, though.

On the weekends I don't really do anything at all at night so I find that I need to moisturize once during the day on those days.

Do these rollers not leave a line in your hair from the clip? Back in the day, I would have lines on ever piece of hair that I rolled!

no moisture products--i do not want anythinggggggggggggg to seap over on my pillow case--i learned my lesson about this

i put on all my moisturizing products in the day time in the morning such that i have it already in my hair and it will dry by the time its bedtime

the only thing i do is turn my head upside down so the blood can flow ----lightly massgae my scalp while doing do--and put a satin head wrap thing on---
some days i just use my satin pillow case

since the constant having of anything on your hairline can cause breakage impo

Section by section (2-8...I usually wear my hair in a braidout, not in an afro like in av):

1. Finger detangle
2. spray with water/glycerine/rosewater/EO mix
3. moisturize (on areas that seem to need it)
4. seal w/ coconut oil (a few times a week- experimenting with how often to do this)

S&D split ends as I find them. And read LHCF!

I add a little moisture to my edges, ends, and nape (elasta qp mango butter, sometimes a little argan oil).

Then, I wrap my hair (I TRY to remember to alternate). Sometimes I cross wrap. If I'm tired or if my hair is not styled anyway, I just put on my satin bonnet and go to sleep.

I spritz with water mixed with Scurl moisturizer, seal with coconut oil and baggy then wrap a satin scarf over that and go to sleep. Three days a week I add MTG to my scalp along with this regimen.

wow TPS, you do this nightly? thats alot of work. at night i say "peace out" to my hair and go to sleep.

Its not that much work... lol I take my shower at night so my hair is already soaking wet.... slather on some product and add some the caps and go to bed... its literally is faster than wrapping hair... I never wrapped my hair when I was relaxed lol

Its not that much work... lol I take my shower at night so my hair is already soaking wet.... slather on some product and add some the caps and go to bed... its literally is faster than wrapping hair... I never wrapped my hair when I was relaxed lol

now that im relaxed i still wont wrapp hair. what is the point? i never got it :lachen:, wrap,.....FOR WHAT?

Right now, my hair is twisted going back so I've just been wrapping it up with my scarf since I need another satin bonnet.

Without twist, I try to baggy it at least 3-4x a week and wrap it with my satin scarf.

Lately every other day or every 2 days, I'll co-wash before bedtime since I've been working out before bedtime.

Wig Nightime Regimen: Spray braids in the back of my head with homemade ayurvedic moisture mix (water, rosemary oil, lavender oil, TJ Nourish Spa, maka, amla, brahmi) and seal ends of braids with EVCO or Vatika. Mositurize loose front with a touch of TJ Nourish Spa and seal with EVCO.

Loose Hair Nightime Regimen: Take down flat twists, moisturize with ayurvedic moisture mix & seal with Africa's Best Herbal Oil or EVCO.

Put on a scarf.

I used to wrap it every night without fail - but now I like to add in cross wrapping or rolling in some fashion. When I'm behaving myself maybe a little moisture and sealing.

I usually just moisturize and seal my ends or if i'm doing braidouts i spray my rosewater/aloe vera juice mix on my scalp and length...moisturize and seal and plait in for plaits and roll the ends, put on my satin bonnet and hit the hay.

Sometimes when my hair is straight i jus lay on my satin pillow and toss my hair up over the pillow above my head so it stays in place as i move around in my sleep.

if my hair is out.... moisturize ,seal and plaits.. sometimes I sleep with a scarf or i'll just sleep on my satin case...

Now that the Briads are back in...
Every night - wrapp my hair in a loose scarf the put a bonnet on so it won't tangle or get flattened.

Every 3-4 nights - Use my own mixture of tea tree oil (love that tingle), vitemin e, a leave-in conditioner and apply it to my scalp between the braids. It helps with moisturising my scalp durring the week.

I moisturize with 14-1, seal with a mixture of EVCO,jojoba oil,castor oil,EVOO,and rosemary then I put my hair in one braid and pin it up. wrap with a silk scarf.

At night, I moisturize my new growth & ends w/NTM Silk Touch. Then, seal all the "moisturized" areas w/Coconut oil. Afterward I'll tie my hair down w/a silk scarf & cover any loose ends w/a satin cap.

I always have my hair braided in 4 parts, since I've been doing a wig challenge. It's the easiest way for me to keep my hair protected and also be able to take the braids down quickly (as opposed to a bunch of small cornrows) to wash, comb-out, re-braid, etc. I just apply MTG mix/S8 to scalp/edges (every 3-4 days only), spray with my leave-in mix, and tie down with a satin scarf.

My hair has been growing like a weed since I leave it alone (no combing) 99% of the time (maybe comb-out once per 2 wks). It's also very comfortable since there is no stress on my scalp, nape, or edges.

Back