What is the most important change.....

roller sets, changing from doo gro products to motions for washing and ORS olive oil for hair care, washing hair with plaits in shower, having consistent 8 week relaxers, greasing scalp often enough, elliminating flat iron or any source of direct heat
bdance.gif

- Moisturize hair in the AM and PM
- No more heat during the week (all bun, all the time!)
- Wash weekly and deep condition

No heat...protective styling...preshampoo hot oil and honey treatments (major moisture retention).

I love threads like this!

learning about how MY hair repsonds to XYZ and hair chemistry..,. the info on this site has been extremely helpful in this respect

Trimming on a lunar schedule
deep conditioning my hair
going to salon for touchups only

***1) Stopped relaxing***
trampoline.gif

2) braidout styling
3) conditioner washes
4) making sure hair is moisturized all day
5) protein treatments
6) vitamins for hair and health

In short, starting a hair regimen
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Conditioner washes & frequent washing
Keeping the ends moisturised
Relaxing less often
The baggie technique & protective styles

-reducing trims.

-figuring out the ingredients my hair likes and sticking mostly to those ingredients when choosing my products (and staying away from the ones I know cause problems on my hair).

-TRUSTING MY OWN JUDGEMENT when it comes to my hair. I used to listen to whatever the hairdresser told me. No mas.

-Less heat.

Thank you ladies! Everyone has been so helpful. Although I'm pretty new to the site, I have made changes as well. Here are my changes. 1. Air dry 2. Vitamins 3. wrap hair at night

Once again, thanks!!! JetBlack

the importance of protein ( i can definitely say I didn't understand the difference between the different kind of conditioners as far as moisturizing, reconstructoring, and protein are concerned)

stretching out relaxers

The most profound impact the forum has had on me is that I now eat a lot better. Cookies, cake, soda and Hot Tamales won't contribute to my hair growth and health. The funny thing is that when I eat to include all the nutrients my hair and body need for health, I don't even miss the junk foods I'd been addicted to.

stretching out relaxers, no heat, air drying, conditioner washes and daily rinsing, moisture for legnth retention

Using conditioner after washing ( I know...I know)
Washing more frequently
Using superior hair products for my hair type
Keeping the scalp and hair super moisturized

Back