• 4A

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • 4B

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 4C

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think the problem is, some people think only type 4 hair is "afro-textured." maybe type 3 on a good day. shoot my SO has totally straight Type 1 hair and it's still "afro-textured."

i agree.
don't let my curls fool you my highly textured 3b/c hair has killed some combs straight up broke them in half:lachen: and a blow dryer attachment comb to:grin:.

i think her hair is highly textured 3b/c from what i am seeing a better pic of her hair would help but the whole hair typing thing it only concentrates on curl size not thickness or how big your fro is.

i dont know... libra..... compared to mine and compared to your fro out pic, its looks similar , and your non fro-out pics are very similar to mine as well :spinning:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

whats crazy is compared to mine and hers, my hair looks almost 4b in that pic:grin:, thats what i get for picking it out too much. its crazy.

just goes to show you cant really judge hair type based on one pic. especially one small picture..

Attachments

• hurr3.jpg
    hurr3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 221
  • pe6357.jpg
    pe6357.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 229
  • lhcf.jpg
    lhcf.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 216
type inspiration. . . but sike naw, IDK. all I know is I wouldn't comb it dry. :grin:

:lol: I second that! Well, it looks like a 3C to me but remember, your hair could be 3C but tighter or looser then that, so find a regimin but make it your own.

After looking at your Fotki, I think you are a 3C, I take it back lol. Your curls look the same size as hers when not afro'd and soaking wet. Now I leave you alone :)

Ah, NC.com...the old board..I remember posting for that thread. :grin:

Anways, I voted 3c. Her curls are not "Sidewalk Chalk" sized, and are difinately not "coffee stirrer" sized either. It is a kinky 3c.

whats crazy is compared to mine and hers, my hair looks almost 4b in that pic:grin:, thats what i get for picking it out too much. its crazy.

just goes to show you cant really judge hair type based on one pic. especially one small picture..

LOL you did go a bit overboard... :lachen: BUT i could still see some of your fluffy curls and i figured, well maybe they just fluffed her curls out properly. i mean she's a model, who knows how they styled her hair... they could've went back and re-curled sections with a curling iron. :drunk:

i just meant as far as coil size, most of my hair in comparison to hers is definitely 4a. i know the front/canopy acts COMPLETELY different from the rest of my hair, so it is probably 3c-ish like yours... just a very small 3c.

I voted 3c. Just remember that your hair does change so because that was your type when you were 13 doesn't mean that's your type now.

Which VO5 forumla? I need something to make detangling a bit easier.

girl my hair is ALWAYS a tangled mess... just a pretty tangled mess! :lachen:

i love the Moisture Milks conditioner the most, but almost any of them will do. i live and swear by V05 conditioners! but if by chance they dont' work for you, some people are also very fond of Suave conditioners. i mean these are $1 a bottle... you can't go wrong! :grin:

You hair is very pretty! My next purchase will be the VO5.

girl my hair is ALWAYS a tangled mess... just a pretty tangled mess! :lachen:

i love the Moisture Milks conditioner the most, but almost any of them will do. i live and swear by V05 conditioners! but if by chance they dont' work for you, some people are also very fond of Suave conditioners. i mean these are $1 a bottle... you can't go wrong! :grin:

My texture changed as I got older. When I was younger, my hair was definitely not curly, but strait. I was teased because I had a weird skin pigmentation. I did not get curls until I was 6 years old then my hair broke combs and brushes. My mom let my cousin do my hair until she slapped a perm in it. I always thought my natural hair was a 4b. Now it is very curly. Till this day, my mom tells me that my hair was never like the way it is now. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Her hair looks very 3b to me with a bit of 3c.

Silver, I've always thought of you as a 3b/3c. Maybe a 3b.5

LL, to me your are a 3c with a bit of 4a. OR maybe just a kinky 3c.

My mother says this is my hair type. This is what my hair looked like at 13 years old before my first relaxer. I'm transitioning at the moment, and I'm trying to decide if it is time to go ahead and chop of the rest of the relaxed ends. What do you think her type is? I need to know so I can research regimins of others with the same type beofre I take the plunge.

pe6357.jpg
I recognize that picture from the Ashro catalog.

Is this the same model? I think this is the same person, right?
26537_lg.jpg

26480.jpg

26167.jpg

26280.jpg

26483.jpg

I'm glad I could help. I think this view might be slightly larger than the one you have:
26357_lg.jpg

This must be her also:
26401_lg.jpg

These are 2 more pics that I think are her but I'm not really sure, but they're from Ashro also:

26170.jpg

26013_lg.jpg

Okay, I'm done now. :lol:

I recognize that picture from the Ashro catalog.

Is this the same model? I think this is the same person, right?
26537_lg.jpg

i thought she looked familiar! wow, i feel dumb now... :blush:

look at that big coil on her collarbone. i don't have one coil on my head that big when my hair is dry... NOT ONE!

some of her coils do look smaller than that though, so maybe she's 3b/3c.

shes a 3c or tight 3b. remember the number system includes ranges but she is definetley not a 4a not even a loose 4a.

Dang this girl's hair is pure hotness and she's a beauty too!!!!!! wow! thank you elizabeth for finding better pictures!!

she still has some curls larger than pencil/straw size curls (and a few that are) there's also a few clumps that are the size sidewalk chalk (pay attention to what Andre-The-Great says).

i'm sticking with a mix of 3b and 3c, more 3c and it's all highly textured (afro textured).

i'm just not seeing any 4a here at all - pen spring to coffee stirrer size "coils" or curls. (do you ladies even know how small a pen spring or coffee stirrer really is?) next time you pick up your coffee @ mickeyD's, Dunkin' Donuts or Starbuck's, pick one up and give it a good look.

i'm going to go stab my eyeballs out now

isn't typing fun fun fun - shake your head now :yep:

Beautiful hurrrrrrr!

Dang this girl's hair is pure hotness and she's a beauty too!!!!!! wow! thank you elizabeth for finding better pictures!!

she still has some curls larger than pencil/straw size curls (and a few that are) there's also a few clumps that are the size sidewalk chalk (pay attention to what Andre-The-Great says).

i'm sticking with a mix of 3b and 3c, more 3c and it's all highly textured (afro textured).

i'm just not seeing any 4a here at all - pen spring to coffee stirrer size "coils" or curls. (do you ladies even know how small a pen spring or coffee stirrer really is?) next time you pick up your coffee @ mickeyD's, Dunkin' Donuts or Starbuck's, pick one up and give it a good look.

i'm going to go stab my eyeballs out now

isn't typing fun fun fun - shake your head now :yep:

Beautiful hurrrrrrr!

Lol :rofl:

Back