what has changed the game for you in your haircare journey

Finger detangling & mini twists...The bottom part of my hair is now touching the top of my bra...should've been there loooong time ago but now tha game has changed!!! :bdance:

I never wanted to do mini twists or any type of twists b/c they look like angel size spaghettis or noodles :lachen: and my scalp showing but now I embrace it and rock it :lol:

Dominican09 I'm just learning this about twists. They're great. Do you have any pictures of your mini twists?

virtuenow

I took pics this morning...my twists are one week old and one wash n go. The blowout pics was two months ago.

Attachments

• 9152012133440.jpg
    9152012133440.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 84
My ultimate Eureka moment was leaving the conditioner in. This method transformed my hair and helped me learn:

Applying other styling products on top of the conditioner I leave in my hair.

Pree-poo!

Sulfate free shampooing !!!!!!!!!!
Co-washing
Clarifing monthly (after an overnight alma oil)
Oiling my ends with a tiny bit castor oil after every wash
Low manipulation
No PS (I do bun but it's mainly for pratical purposes)
Airdrying always
Oiling my ends inconstantly (only when needed) with jojoba oil

Protein treatments!
DCing 2x a week and cowashing often.
Limiting heat as well, it causes too much breakage.

Using oils and avj to pre-poo for at least 3 hours (without heat). Using the LOC method to moisturize.
Baggying every night.
Using a mix of 1 part glycerine, 2 parts avj and 2 parts water with rose water added for scent.

I have type 4z hair, and i still get people telling me how lucky i am to have such soft natural hair :look:

youwillrise what is the LOC method?

Ignoring "LHCF Rules to Live & Die By" and doing what my hair tells me it likes. Including protein, heat and other shenanigans.

tapioca_pudding

the LOC method is a method of moisturizing the hair, using products in a specific order.

Liquid
Oil
Cream

so what you'd do is wet your hair with water or another liquid leave-in that you like first, then add the oil of your choice and then your creamy moisturizer/leave-in/conditioner on top.

i dont know how or why it works for me, but it's really helped me to keep moisture in my hair. no matter what i used, i always failed moisturizing and sealing the traditional way (moisturizer first, then oil on top). my hair would just go dry uber quickly.

-Cowashing w/ Tresemme Naturals nm
-Curl junkie Rehab as a leave-in
-sealing in leave-in
-10 sections on wash days
-finger detangling
-Curl Junkie Repair Me DC (instant strength AND softness)
-Stretching with twistouts (I live in twist outs)
-Applying cowash to hair and scalp before stepping in shower (time and water saver)
-less heat (cut down to blowdry only, winter/fall only, no more than 1x month if at all)

Vegetable Glycerin and rosemary. It is my go to leave-in, when I need to manipulate it's my go to spray... simply put, to me it's splendid.

Also Black soap shampoo helped me out greatly because it's gentle on my scalp and it open my cuticles (I have low porosity so it's made a huge difference in getting the moisture in)

Wave Nouveau Moisture Mist Spray and the Liquid/Oil/Cream method. It has reduced my split ends/breakage compared to the beginning of my natural hair journey.

Also wearing my hair in twists. Im getting very few knots compared to wash and go.

Ok when I started trying to get healthy hair before LHCF I was shampooing twice a week and ending up with dry hair so co-washing with hairvitalize balsam and protein changed everything for me. Its not wen but its like wen an all in one product

My moment has been when I switch to all natural hair products. Got rid of silicones... Now my hair is 10x better and also breaks less. Over the past 4 years I never found any product that worked for my fine hair. Then one day I decided to try all natural products after a bad experience. Now my hair is soooo much better!

Aloe Vera/water spritz (1:3 ratio) has made such a huge difference in my hair.... misting every morning and night and sealing with a butter or oil.

For me it's braids extensions. I didn't know I could take care of my hair underneath braids but I tried once during Spring Break. My hair turned out a little dry because obviously, I was on break, the sun, chlorine and all that. The second attempt was in December. I was moisturizing my hair every other day or every other 3 days, washing my hair twice a week. I took it down, my hair was moisturized BUT I had a lot of build up. I'm on my third set; I know I shouldn't wash my hair often but keep it moisturized and sealed. I kinda like it! I will continue to do it until the Sun comes back - I'm in the Midwest, so let's say June!lol-

The scarf method....:yep:. Never in a million years I would have thought that I could bun my hair being 3 months post relaxer and beyond.

Back