WHAT HAPPENED TO MY EDGES? *PICS*

I really don't see what the big deal is about your edges. I have seen far worse than what people are so curious about yours. I do think that some women are haters as mentioned earlier. You do have a beautiful head of hair and you should be proud to display it. As far as your head girl I have a huge one myself and don't even bother to cover it with a swoop or a bang. We just have more thoughts than most and more knowledge stored up there than average. I am glad to see that you are a proud black woman who does not care what others think.

Keep showing what God has blessed you with and be happy with it. I am!:yep:

Iris, girl, you know it's all about pure jealousy. There's nothing wrong with your edges and you already know your hair is beautiful.:gorgeous: Keep doing what you (inspiring others). We love you! Remember, for every bad comment you receive from a hater, there's going to be 1000 compliments from us. So, here's to the haters out there :boxing::brucelee::deadhorse::massmoon:

What the? See, thats why i don't put myself out there much as far as vids and pics go because there are some evil people out here. Your hair is beautiful, thick and shiny. As others have said, its just haters.

Well Iris, your hair is beautiful and I guess it's just too much for some to admit. I don't get it, does it make them feel better about themselves to leave bitter comments?

ALL that gorgeous hair on your head.....you know haters will look for the smallest flaw!!

Embrace those edges and those long tresses.

When some people rely on weaves to look good and see someone with natural and beautiful hair, they focus on the smallest things to make themselves feel good. Please forget them bald headed ***es.

I love your hair!!!

wow people are just some true haters! Man, I looked at that album and all I saw was beautiful hair, and I don't grasp where people come off talking about edges? How much free time do they have? Haterade they be sippin needs to get lost.

Hold ya head up and high and proud, they're just jealous that they can't be like you. :yep:
btw...I love your hair!!

You don't have to explain your edges to anyone! And IMO anyone asking is prolly jealous of your beautiful hair and just trying to find fault so they can feel better about themselves. I say FUDGE the haters!!! Give em the birdy and move on, pretty lady!

ITS BEEN ASKED............:look:

SO HERE IS THE ANSWER
**PICS**
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2008/myedges/

Dec 10, 2008
Tired of the comments , so whoever wanted to be up close and personal with my edges , here you go, they are not gone, and not lost, they may be thinned creating my widows peak, the hair there is baby like and fragile, but not going anywhere-as in they left, OR maybe they are going , I really dont know and dont too much care.......it just doesnt bother me

So here you have it, they dont always show up in pics the greatest, because that baby hair can bunch up and its lighter in color and texture, they can slick down easy and look sparse

but now you can see them up close mmkay?

and yes I am aware that my right 'peak' is a little thinner than my left this is due to parting my hair on the right for years and years, I am also aware that some things just happen with age, I cant really worry about it, that part is graying AND VERY FINE TEXTURED, I am blessed thats the only part that is graying ,because my hair is still ALL FULLY its natural color everywhere else, but I DO put a rinse on my edges-maybe thats a part of it too-its not anything that bothers me whatsoever though

so I hope all the questions about 'what happened to my edges' have been answered now , thank you for stopping by, God bless!

The way I see it, I am blessed it not anything worse than this cause I have seen worse many times over. I am just fine with where it's at and my natural process of age-no point in stressing over it:grin:

I GOT THE SAME DAMN PERSON RIDING MY JOCK ABOUT MY EDGES. At first I thought it was constructive criticism because my temples do have a tendency to thin, but I have an IP logger posted on my Fotki and this person posted under 4 different screen names with the same message-here's my reply:

Poster: Omg. I too lost for words to comment on this picture. I saw someone comment on your pic about your edges and she was right. Braiding hair is the number one leading cause for thinning edges. No more braids. You dont want to lose all the beautiful hair do you.

KB: You know something...I'm curious, not only as to why these persistent comments concerning my edges keep coming up (when I've already explained myself and on the same pics made 10 months ago) but the fact that you've posted the same comments under three different screen names (based on your IP) and then refer to yourself as "someone". At first I thought it may be out of genuine constructive criticism but I just think you may be bipolar with a touch of split personality disorder

Haven't heard a peep since :look:

Iris,your hair is beautiful all they are doing is hating,so shake it off and keep it moving.

Ppl sure have a lot of time on their hands. Iris ain't nothin wrong with your edges and your hair is beautiful (u know that). You are nice though because an 'explanation' is not what I would have given them..

Ppl sure have a lot of time on their hands. Iris ain't nothin wrong with your edges and your hair is beautiful (u know that). You are nice though because an 'explanation' is not what I would have given them..
:lachen::lachen:
I GOT THE SAME DAMN PERSON RIDING MY JOCK ABOUT MY EDGES. At first I thought it was constructive criticism because my temples do have a tendency to thin, but I have an IP logger posted on my Fotki and this person posted under 4 different screen names with the same message-here's my reply:

Poster: Omg. I too lost for words to comment on this picture. I saw someone comment on your pic about your edges and she was right. Braiding hair is the number one leading cause for thinning edges. No more braids. You dont want to lose all the beautiful hair do you.

KB: You know something...I'm curious, not only as to why these persistent comments concerning my edges keep coming up (when I've already explained myself and on the same pics made 10 months ago) but the fact that you've posted the same comments under three different screen names (based on your IP) and then refer to yourself as "someone". At first I thought it may be out of genuine constructive criticism but I just think you may be bipolar with a touch of split personality disorder

Haven't heard a peep since :look:

WOWOWOW , People really have issues, major ones! ugh:wallbash:

I never thought to check IP's to see if they were all the same person-I just always deleted them, till that last one, but now I wonder:look:

I like your response, now thats just crazy

yeah our temples are a little thin, (well for me its that 'widow's peak thing) its like Damn ' Do you wake up and go to sleep thinking about the hair that is thin on our edges daily?":spinning:

Thank you ladies, I know its a little thin at each temple (or peak or whatever it is), I wish it wasnt , but since it is , its not something I am freaking out over-but the comments were getting on my nerves-I know they dont show up well in pics at all-but I know what I see in person-its thinned and babyhair-ish, but its not as bad as it looks at times in pics

I just got tired of it I guess

now there is an album-to direct them too:wallbash::wallbash::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
ITS BEEN ASKED............:look:

SO HERE IS THE ANSWER
**PICS**
http://public.fotki.com/IRRISISTABLBTCH/2008/myedges/

Dec 10, 2008
Tired of the comments , so whoever wanted to be up close and personal with my edges , here you go, they are not gone, and not lost, they may be thinned creating my widows peak, the hair there is baby like and fragile, but not going anywhere-as in they left, OR maybe they are going , I really dont know and dont too much care.......it just doesnt bother me

So here you have it, they dont always show up in pics the greatest, because that baby hair can bunch up and its lighter in color and texture, they can slick down easy and look sparse

but now you can see them up close mmkay?

and yes I am aware that my right 'peak' is a little thinner than my left this is due to parting my hair on the right for years and years, I am also aware that some things just happen with age, I cant really worry about it, that part is graying AND VERY FINE TEXTURED, I am blessed thats the only part that is graying ,because my hair is still ALL FULLY its natural color everywhere else, but I DO put a rinse on my edges-maybe thats a part of it too-its not anything that bothers me whatsoever though

so I hope all the questions about 'what happened to my edges' have been answered now , thank you for stopping by, God bless!

The way I see it, I am blessed it not anything worse than this cause I have seen worse many times over. I am just fine with where it's at and my natural process of age-no point in stressing over it:grin:

Some people have no couth and are just haterz. But anyhoo, your explanation is great. My edges are starting to gray up. I use Bhringraj and Amla Oil at night for my heated oil massage and wash out in the morning but I'm not really seeing these change coloring yet. Which rinse do you use? I have the Surya henna rinse from Brazil but you have to keep doing it weekly. Sigh...is Roux better? Anything you could recommend for that tender spot?

Some people have no couth and are just haterz. But anyhoo, your explanation is great. My edges are starting to gray up. I use Bhringraj and Amla Oil at night for my heated oil massage and wash out in the morning but I'm not really seeing these change coloring yet. Which rinse do you use? I have the Surya henna rinse from Brazil but you have to keep doing it weekly. Sigh...is Roux better? Anything you could recommend for that tender spot?

Ive just been using the Clairol Beautiful Collection-in dark brown

I smooth it on just my edges with the rest of my hair in a ponytail/bun

I'm gonna start working on paying extra attention to that area with JBCO for a while and see if that helps-cause you called it right-its a tender spot:yep:

Ive just been using the Clairol Beautiful Collection-in dark brown

I smooth it on just my edges with the rest of my hair in a ponytail/bun

I'm gonna start working on paying extra attention to that area with JBCO for a while and see if that helps-cause you called it right-its a tender spot:yep:

oh and I do the rinse like twice or once a month

I noticed the tea rinse turned those little hairs golden, it was pretty, so I might just keep up with those and see if I need to do a rinse at all still

Some people are just haters...period. They see a beautiful woman with beautiful hair and something inside of them just turns. This is a hater. Real people see the beauty and are in awe and know there is a God and they also see the beauty in themselves. Shake them off girl, I do!:rolleyes:

You have a high forehead and thinner texture so of course your edges will be fine. I think all of that makes you BEAUTIFUL with a BEAUTIFUL head of hair. Girl, people even tease Sade for her high forehead CRAZY. I have a high forehead and love it!

You have a high forehead and thinner texture so of course your edges will be fine. I think all of that makes you BEAUTIFUL with a BEAUTIFUL head of hair. Girl, people even tease Sade for her high forehead CRAZY. I have a high forehead and love it!

*Double post*

Last edited:

yeah girl I am happy with mine, and get called Sade all the time, why cant we just be happy with how God made us, if we have peace with it and aint too much worried, why are 'they' whoever 'they' are spending so much time worrying about our edges and foreheads? :lachen::lachen:

they must need somethin to do with themselves:look::look:

ETA
btw girl THANK YOU :kiss: that was sweet!

thank you all! :Rose:

now I can have my 'widow's peak' peace :lachen::lachen::lachen:

People kill me...that's why I don't like my pics on here. Why are people a)inspecting other's pics enough to notice those minor details(that seems to happen a lot on here) b)that ignorant to actually ask someone that question. I hate to use the term hating, but that's really what it is. Let's see their edges and length. Don't let it get to you, your hair is gorgeous.

Oh my goodness, that's redamndiculous. People need to worry about their own durn hair!

Irresistable, you know your hair is gorgeous. People need to remove the beam from their own eye before worring about removing the speck from someone else's hair- er, I mean eye. :look:

Besides, we are all handmade and not Barbie dolls. Hair does not grow at the same rate or thickness throughout an entire scalp.

Just my :twocents:

People kill me...that's why I don't like my pics on here. Why are people a)inspecting other's pics enough to notice those minor details(that seems to happen a lot on here) b)that ignorant to actually ask someone that question. I hate to use the term hating, but that's really what it is. Let's see their edges and length. Don't let it get to you, your hair is gorgeous.
thats what I'm saying girl, lets see their pics???:look::look:

it is sad and its making me not want to bother much with all this at times anymore :ohwell:

Oh my goodness, that's redamndiculous. People need to worry about their own durn hair!

Irresistable, you know your hair is gorgeous. People need to remove the beam from their own eye before worring about removing the speck from someone else's hair- er, I mean eye. :look:

Besides, we are all handmade and not Barbie dolls. Hair does not grow at the same rate or thickness throughout an entire scalp.

Just my :twocents:

Thank you girl! and EXACTLY!!!!!

Chicca, you're such a star, and it is for that reason that you cannot afford to even look like you have ANY human flaws. :spank: Ask any celebrity and they'll tell about living under a microscope. In fact, I think I saw a flyaway in one of those pics (You sorta have to tilt your head to one side and close one eye while squinting the other but it's clearly there!). So what's up with that? And why is that your little finger nail is sporting a longer nail than all the others? And is that your real hair or is it a weave? Tell the truth!

:rolleyes:

Idol-mine, I don't know if those who asked about your hairline were asking out of concern or just trying to be cheeky, but it was nice of you to take so many photos of your hairline and to share them. You just never know who else might have gotten a panic from seeing a bad photo of their own hairline and actually feared that they were losing hair or had a problem. But seeing different angles of your hairline and reading your explanation of what may have been mistaken for being something wrong might just be the comforting balm they needed to have a peace of mind. You just never know the lives you touch by the seemingly little things you do. ;)

Continue to twinkle, twinkle pretty Sis...like a diamond in the sky!

Back