what gives your hair the most slip?

blackberry815

Ladies I need some help finding a combination to give my hair slip for rollersetting and detangling wet hair.... I mean I want the comb to just glide through with no problem... any tips for me????

Well actually it's a protein conditioner that surprisingly gives me the most slip, Motions CPR. It has collagen protein. It melts my new growth and tangles for effortless detangling.

Last edited:
Shampoo w/ no sulfates followed by a moisturizing DC under my steamer for 1 hour. Literally no tangles. I am texlaxed.

I use Shescentit Banana Brulee.

Is this a conditioner? What shampoo and conditioner are you using....do you think its the products or the steamer doing the trick? I've been thinking maybe I should start using my huetiful steamer again.. It's been a few months. Its just a little annoying that the steam doesn't get to my nape under that thing. . I may try deep conditioning under the dryer with a cap for 30 and then going under the steamer for the last 20 minutes since my steamer only does 20 minutes before the timer goes off.... Thanks ladies. I'm hopin to get more responses.

Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner after shampoo. I'm natural.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Tigi Serious Conditioner. I am transitioning and my new growth is about shoulder length. This really works for me, but it is expensive.

Pantene relaxed and natural mask gives me slip but it's discontinued :( haven't found a comparable substitute as of yet

Pantene relaxed and natural mask gives me slip but it's discontinued :( haven't found a comparable substitute as of yet

I've noticed that most of Pantene's conditioners have the same ingredients. The new breakage defense mask works exactly the same as the discontinued relaxed and natural one. AND it's cheaper and can be found everywhere, Target, cvs, etc. I LOVE it.

But the regular Relaxed and natural conditioner gives the most slip out of any conditioner I have ever tried. I think Pantene conditioners just have more slip than your average conditioner. Some may think their products are bad but I haven't had any problems using their conditioners on a regular basis. And neither has my hair idol, Leobody :yawn:. I refuse to use anything else to detangle.

Design Essentials products, love them. I'm transitioning to texlax and I have no issues

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Moisture Poo -
Moisture Conditioner - Pantene masks, Motions Moisture Plus, Elasta QP DPR
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner Leave in
Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Leave In
Serum - PM Super Skinny, Chi Silk Infusion, Silk FX

i like

garnier sleek and shine serum _ a little goes a long way. awesome slip! i'm 10 months into a stretch and this is a staple for me

garnier anti frizz smoothing milk - very light. i love this for blow drying or roller sets.

olive oil - if i am air drying i use a drop of olive oil on each of 6 sections of hair. this is my all natural favorite.

I just did a rollerset not too long ago with great slip!

Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructor
NTM Silk Touch Leave-in
Mane and Tail Detangler

I love Nature's Gate Aloe Vera conditioner and Nature's Gate Hemp conditioner.
Good slip, very moisturizing, natural & not too expensive. They carry it at a lot of health food stores.

When it comes to detangling I go right for the KC Knot Today or my Garnier Fructise triple nutrient. Both are give crazy slip. The knot today needs a little help though because once dry I don't feel like my hair is as moisturize.

bumping for more conditioners... anything better than mizani moisturefuse and silicon mix? right now those are my favs.. anyone actually tried them and found anything that tops it?

Back