What *extras* do you add to your conditioners?

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Before I came to this board....I never really added anything extra to my conditioners or shampoos. After reading the post on adding honey and cinnamon to conditioner...I couldn't resist. It's been a month now...and I am loving the results with the honey. It's too soon to tell about the cinnamon...(just started with that 2 weeks). I also started adding little extras in my shampoo like honey, olive oil, and Vatika with excellent results as well. Now I'm looking for more ideas. What are your extras? Anyone? Anyone?
wink.gif

I add honey, evoo and coconut oil.

Alos, I add breakage control serum to all the moisturizing conditioners that I have.

I've put nothing extra in it yet. I just bought some honey from the health store though.

I am tempted to try vitamin e. I take the pill...but I want to try the oil on my ends. I bet it would work wonders added in conditioner.

Not all at the same time:
Honey, EVOO, Almond oil, castor oil, Blackstrap Molasses (first time with this one today)

All of them are wonderful and make even the crappiest conditioner at least usable for my unruly hair
grin.gif

Depending on how I'm feeling about my hair...

honey
vitamin E oil
rose hip seed essential oil
rosemary essential oil
coconut oil
olive oil
avocado oil
aloe vera juice
castor oil
black strap molasses
vatika oil
flax seed gel
peppermint oil
amla oil

I'm a junkie, please help me.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
Depending on how I'm feeling about my hair...

honey
vitamin E oil
rose hip seed essential oil
rosemary essential oil
coconut oil
olive oil
avocado oil
aloe vera juice
castor oil
black strap molasses
vatika oil
flax seed gel
peppermint oil
amla oil

I'm a junkie, please help me.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of stuff!But it is obviously paying off.Your hair looks wonderful!

Can you use any type of honey or is there a specific type/brand that is good for hair?

I had always used olive oil which worked nicely, but I tried honey recently and was surprised how great it turned out! Not only did it moisturize but it left this great shine!
The cinnamon sounds interesting, I may just give it a try!

I add honey when I remember, in my pre-wash conditioner (Nature's Gate Herbal). I can't really tell the difference, but I do do it. I also add aloe vera gel if I remember which is wonderful. My hair is usually soft, so sometimes I don't notice how soft it is, but w/aloe, I can't stop touching it!!!
shocked.gif
smile.gif
And it seems to maintain more moisture in between washes.

I only use raw honey (I think all honey is organic, but not necessarily raw), b/c honey becomes toxic when heated (during refining or otherwise) not sure if it effects hair, but I won't consume refined honey so my hair gets the same treatment. My aloe gel is 99% aloe and organic, Desert Lily is the brand. It's even worked well on my fussy combination skin.
smile.gif

I've added:
castor oil
Honey
cinammon
EVOO
Garlic
coconut oil
Avocado oil
mint leaves

I love the results that I get-

I add castor oil to my Nexxus Headress to help my hair appear thicker than it really is. That combination plumps my strands right up.

I just recently added coconut milk, honey and olive oil to the Suave Citrus Smoothie conditioner...

Wonderful, WONDERFUL results.

Thanks for all of the replies.
smile.gif
I am going to have to try adding some coconut milk to my conditioner. I love what coconut oil does for my hair.

I haven't experienced with any of the suggested items on here, but I do have a question: Are you ladies doing this with deep conditioners (1-2xs/wk) or just as a daily conditioner procedure?

TIA

Back