What's YOUR Magic Ingredient?

Mine are oils : coconut and emu... and of course henna, henna saved my life :heart2:

By the way, I'll try cinnamon tomorrow !

YS014_Xl.jpg

Apologies for it being so incredibly huge! :grin: This is what I have been using for a couple years now. A little definitely goes a long way, and you don't have to worry about it spoiling anytime soon. It has an incredible shelf life. If you want super hold, adding a little bit to your flaxseed gel will give you maximum hold.

It tastes good too :lick: I was actually using it for normal consumption before I discovered it had great uses for my hair regimen. So whenever I stock up I buy double.

Oil. Before, during, and after a wash. Mixed with DCs. Added to liquid leave ins. Applied as a sealant. Its all about oil.
And these days its grapeseed.

Wish I knew: I'm lucky that I haven't had too many disasters, so I can seal with almost any oil or combo (no mineral, petro); I have used many different butters and apparently I am the one person who can use Kinky Curly Custard without it being crunchy (my secret: moisturize with the Knot Today or water sparingly and use a drop, ok, a fingerful of the custard). I can even use two-minute protein treatments every week without breakage and conditioners without mushiness.

So what am I complaining about? Haven't found the one great thing that makes my hair sing nor can I retain length past my collar bone (done everything except weave my hair and yes, I have given each method a nice long 3 - 12 month try).

aloe vera gel. i add it to Shea Moisture DT--i use it to twist my hair. currently, this is my DC/moisturize/seal step all in one.

It depends on what my goal is. For example I make a daily moisturizer with ALOT of Castor oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and aloe vera. I will add a little distilled water to make it easy to spray. If I am trying to finish a conditioner, I will toss it in there as well. I LOVE this, my hair is soft and my twists are bouncy.

When I want a deep conditioner, my hair seems to like olive oil. I tried honey once, idk maybe I used it incorrectly, I will have to revisit.

Moisturfusion INTENSE MOISTURE CONCENTRATE

http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=81&p=5128&rid=300

I added this to my Joice Moisture Recovery balm and had a hairgasm. I mean my 4a/b hair hasn't melted since I was relaxed. I get it off Ebay. I only wash and deep condition every 2 weeks so a box of it will last like 3-6 months. It's well worth it.

Last edited:
Castor oil added to my leave- can't believe I've inky discovered this oil in the last year!!! Pure Argan oil to my deep conditioners, makes my hair feel internally nourished and increases its ability to shine

Moisturfusion INTENSE MOISTURE CONCENTRATE

http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=81&p=5128&rid=300

I added this to my Joice Moisture Recovery balm and had a hairgasm. I mean my 4a/b hair hasn't melted since I was relaxed. I get it off Ebay. I only wash and deep condition every 2 weeks so a box of it will last like 36 months. It's well worth it.

ChanelNo5, does this product have any cones or mineral oil? I follow the Curly Girl Method.

I can't find an ingredient list online.

Back