What's YOUR Magic Ingredient?

My magic ingredient has always been castor oil. I recently started making an amla oil using avocado oil and its making a huge difference :yep:

SimJam

I actually put a little agave in my oil mixes. The ratio usually .5 oz to 7.5 oz of oils. Its a mild humectant and acts as a serum. Its good for frizz control.

I also use it in flax seed gel.

greenandchic in what form? The only form or Agave I came across was the sweet nectar in the health food store I buy.

manter26

Sounds like a great idea. Did it help?

I used honey as gel when I was transitioning. I haven't found a good way to try it as a natural. And the stuff at the farmer's market is so expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I had to run out and get some raw honey! About to DC with it now...

My DC turned out great! I left it in overnight, and now my hair is fully dry and feels so soft:love: I'll have to use it a few more times before I decide for sure if it will be a staple, but I do like it so far.

Grace's coconut cream, honey and the stuff I mixed up to put on my body after a shower, which is shea butter, macadamian nut oil and coconut oil. It will turn any cheap old conditioner into a magic elixir.

hannan said:
Nowadays it's hibiscus powder :love:. I give it three snaps in a Z formation. :lol:

How do you use it? I have hibiscus and marshmallow root powder but I didn't think I used it right, do you let it soak?

Back