What Do You Think When You See an Attractive Man With a Much Less Attractive Woman??

I know a guy who is with less a attractive woman. In his case, I know for a fact that it is because he has low self-esteem. He knows that he's attractive, but feels that a less attractive woman wouldn't break his heart or leave him...

ETA: He's not a victim though. Ironically... he always leaves them... then finds another less attractive woman.

Last edited:
Re: What Do You Think When You See an Attractive Man With a Much Less Attractive Woma

I know a guy who is with less a attractive woman. In his case, I know for a fact that it is because he has low self-esteem. He knows that he's attractive, but feels that a less attractive woman wouldn't break his heart or leave him...

ETA: He's not a victim though. Ironically... he always leaves them... then finds another less attractive woman.

Thats backwords lol

Re: What Do You Think When You See an Attractive Man With a Much Less Attractive Woma

Kelsey Grammer?:perplexed

I'm kinda in agreement with GoldenPrincess and MaiTai...

If I just see them without any interaction, I actually think that he's probably just a good-looking man. Period. No job, no personality, lame as h*ll or some other tragic flaw that would only be put up with because of his looks. Hmmm, am I a closet man-hater? LOL

Good for her.

I usually think she's spending a lot of money on him. I've seen this occur with family and friends. I have some handsome cousins who will show up with some MONSTERS just a grinnin and a few weeks later she has co-signed or loaned him something out of her 401K that he will never pay back...just screw her every now and then to keep her quiet.

I've seen this with a couple of attractive, educated, successful, etc men I know. They dated the really pretty women, dealt with some who were high drama and high maintenance. And decided to settle down with someone below average in looks. Idk, its kinda silly to me, bc all attractive women aren't like that,just the ones they dealt with, but hey, whatever floats their boat.

My conclusion to this is that the less attractive woman is willing to put up with the most likely high maintenance of the man (most good looking men are high maintenance).

Thats why you rarely see 2 good looking people together because both are NOT willing to do all that work. Usually the less good looking person is willing to do the work. That's my conclusion :look:

When I see an attractive woman with an unnattractive man, I assume that he is rich or has a great personality, possibly great in bed.

What do you think when it's the reverse - the guy is attractive but the woman not so much??

I think he sees something about her that I don't see.
Someone's beautiful is another's ugly. :ohwell:

Gosh, I'm surprised by all the pessimistic, cynical responses (lol) Have a little faith, ladies.

I generally do a double take and then I say if she can get a man why the hell can't I? (I know I am not the only one who ask myself that question). Then I slap myself silly and come back to reality. We are all individuals, I think contrary to what society wants us to believe, a good personality wins in the long run. Yes she/he might be pretty right now but aside from looks what are they offering? I am friends with a guy at work( who likes me), he is really, really good looking, and dresses nicely but at the end of the day he has anger issues and that is a big no, no for me. That ninja might mess up and hit me then I would be on chanel 7 news..no thank you

Last edited:

I think to myself, this is great. We do not all have to look like Alicia Keys to have a man.

OK, I'm a bad person :rolleyes: I think either she has killer puddy and he's addicted to it... or he uses/abuses her. :look:

When I see an attractive woman with an unnattractive man, I assume that he is rich or has a great personality, possibly great in bed.

What do you think when it's the reverse - the guy is attractive but the woman not so much??
#1 i, for some reason, always expect the woman to look better so i never think this
#2 i only think this if the man is considerably older than the woman
#3 i rarely see, if ever, see a man more attractive than a woman... equal in looks yes but not more attractive

Last edited:

I was just scrolling thru facebook on my phone and I saw this girl from high school and thought about this thread. Her man is the town's Al B. Sure and she looks a lot like Ceily..Color Purple type. I remember when they first started dating people was saying he was with her b/c he was HIV+ :sad:

I have a friend who has a nice body and her husband looks like Apollo (Phaedra's husband) and he got on his knees in her living room in front of all of us (friends/family) and begged her to marry him and said he wouldn't leave unless/until she said "yes."

I usually think he must not want any competition lol.Or that they've been together forever, and he is crazy about her.

I was just scrolling thru facebook on my phone and I saw this girl from high school and thought about this thread. Her man is the town's Al B. Sure and she looks a lot like Ceily..Color Purple type. I remember when they first started dating people was saying he was with her b/c he was HIV+ :sad:

Damn, that's cold. I've noticed that hood dudes are more likely to get with a girl that "isn't on their level" than I guess, middle class/educated types. Don't know why exactly though.

Damn, that's cold. I've noticed that hood dudes are more likely to get with a girl that "isn't on their level" than I guess, middle class/educated types. Don't know why exactly though.
Mostly all of the cute, hood dudes from high school are still mentally in high school. I am 39 and I have seen 2 cuties from high school and they are still "trying" to wear the state championship jackets from 1989. Sad I tell ya. They are like Al Bundy, 5 touchdowns in one game and I am like for real? They stay trying to holla, but I tell them nah, I am still the same ole Nappy Headed chick that you would try to push out the way and knock my books out of my arms between Science and English class.

type. I remember when they first started dating people was saying he was with her b/c he was HIV+ :sad:

that is a horrible thing to say.:nono:

I usually think she's spending a lot of money on him. I've seen this occur with family and friends. I have some handsome cousins who will show up with some MONSTERS just a grinnin and a few weeks later she has co-signed or loaned him something out of her 401K that he will never pay back...just screw her every now and then to keep her quiet.

This is awful! Your story got to me:(.

Well, did she say yes :look:?

I have a friend who has a nice body and her husband looks like Apollo (Phaedra's husband) and he got on his knees in her living room in front of all of us (friends/family) and begged her to marry him and said he wouldn't leave unless/until she said "yes."

This is awful! Your story got to me:(.

girl, they introduce those animals to us and then whisper "she got a good job." we'd try and warn them but by then it was always already a done deal, she was sprung on having a cutie.:nono:

Mostly all of the cute, hood dudes from high school are still mentally in high school. I am 39 and I have seen 2 cuties from high school and they are still "trying" to wear the state championship jackets from 1989. Sad I tell ya. They are like Al Bundy, 5 touchdowns in one game and I am like for real? They stay trying to holla, but I tell them nah, I am still the same ole Nappy Headed chick that you would try to push out the way and knock my books out of my arms between Science and English class.

:lol::lol::lol:

When I see such a couple, I think that wow that his mom raised him well, not to feel better than others and to seek a woman for her qualities and not looks. Then I also think wow for the woman also because her parents probably instilled in her that she is beautiful and that now in her adult life she is able to project that beauty.

But I don't have those positive thoughts when the sexes are turned. When the woman is wayyy better looking then the man, I think that he got money and that is how he got her.

Stranger still when I see a interracial couple, black woman, white man. I think wow that she is able to project her qualities/and he know how to appreciate a black woman. and I think thoughts like she probably being treated like a queen. But in the case of a black man/white woman, i think he probably thinks white woman better than black women.

I don't know. Do I sound nuts?

I've never seen that as an adult. When I saw it with my teenage peers, (which still was rare) it was obvious to everyone what was going on...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that a womb that I might think is ugly may actually be viewed as attractive.

Now if the woman is more or less universally ugly, I'd assume that she has a great personality or other attribute that causes beauty to shine through.

I've seen that before, someone who physically isn't attractive have a shining personality that actually made them cute. On the flip side, I've seen people who were physically attractive become ugly because their character was terribly flawed.

Back