What do you do when you dont feel like dealing....

Marand13

with your hair???

I have been so preoccupied lately and havent had time for my hair at all! Since I have been neglecting for so long it I had to cut off a few inches! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

What did I do to remedy this?:rolleyes:
I put my hair in twists and cornrows and a baggy. My next hairstyle will be a full head sewin weave... I will be wearing these hairstyles until the end of the year.
DSCN1769.jpg

So tell me...

What do you do when you start to neglect your hair??

I never neglect my hair but I do have periods where I don't want to be bothered and don't a lot of extras. I just bun it up and keep rolling until I feel like going back to rollersetting, cw, whatever else.

The braids aren't working for you? Usually when my hair is braided up I can afford to be lazy. All you have to do is moisturize the ends and scalp every day and you're good to go. You could even leave them in for a week or longer. How long do you normally leave your braids in? Another thing that has been helpful for me is to only wash my hair once a week and pretty much keep it bunned up or otherwise out of the way for the rest of the week. I only comb it once a week as well. This way when I get up all I have to do is GO. I usually braid my hair in two or more braids before I go to bed, and I'll wear my hair either like just like that, in a bun, or in a braid out ponytail the next day.

Last edited:
Idon't neglect my hair but I definitely know the not feeling like doing it thing. I just keep it moisturized and oiled and pinned up. Washing? I will take allllll day to wash&set my hair.

The braids aren't working for you? Usually when my hair is braided up I can afford to be lazy. All you have to do is moisturize the ends and scalp every day and you're good to go. You could even leave them in for a week or longer. How long do you normally leave your braids in?

No, I not saying the braids are not working.. I'm saying there was a period where I didnt feel like doing anything to my hair and wore a cowashed ponytail everyday. I'm tired of doing it so I put in some braids..
I leave my cornrows in for 2 weeks and my singles for a month.:yep:

I just saturate my hair with moisturizer and put it back in a bun, or clip it up in a braid. I'll spray the crap out of my hair daliy with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, without taking my hair down. Keep this up till next wash day.

when I don't have time or I'm too tired etc. I just bun it up with some cantu shea butter or qhemet burdock root buttercream then once I get time (usually on the weekend) do a really good co wash detangle first with my fingers then use my denman with herbal essences and pop that sucker back in a bun or braid. Gonna try experiementing with the qhemet olive and honey balm with my he. I did that once for twists and I loved how they felt....but that's ot... sorry :grin:

Wet buns (b/c thats the only way I can catch it all)...

If I know my schedule is going to be hectic, I mini twist it the weekend before.

I've been wearing an afro. I wanted to try some natural styles but it hurts too much when I try to comb it out. =/

I never neglect my hair but I do have periods where I don't want to be bothered and don't a lot of extras. I just bun it up and keep rolling until I feel like going back to rollersetting, cw, whatever else.

Same here. I just cowash or deep condition and bun it up. I put cute headbands and stuff on so I look like I give a dayum and thats it.

Back