What changed your hair for the better? (Name one thing)

Better quality products. Cone free conditioners, better shampoos, and good leave ins.

Honestly, doing my hair myself is what changed my hair.

My hair was a hot mess a kid, smh. My momma didn't know anything and neither did the neighborhood hairdresser I went to. Got out the house and turned my own hair around through the help of the hair boards.

Mane & Tail conditioner - yeah, that's right, the kind that is made for horses and sold at Walmart in the pet aisle. (Not MN - Mane & Tail conditioner) It brought me from ear length to bra-strap length singlehandedly. Now I'm shooting for mid back length and it's attainable.

I use it as a pre-shampoo and rinse out conditioner from time to time. A friend told me years ago that she couldn't keep her short hairstyle because this darn conditioner kept making her hair grow too fast... I was like what/who/where? Her problem became my answer! It doesn't exactly make the hair "grow" but it does help the hair retain length so that it grows freely. :)

Doing my own trims and hair has also helped. I'm always surprised how little recognition old school Mane & Tail conditioner gets. (I do not recommend the shampoo).

EnExitStageLeft how did finding out you had fine hair change or affect your regiment?

tomnikids3 what shampoo do you use?

As for me, low manipulation has been the single best thing that has helped my hair to grow and remain healthy. The more I do to my hair, the more it hates me.

I make the ultimate financial sacafice and use the WEN 613, its pricey but i usually luck out and get it from QVC and pay in 3 installments and it does last me almost 3 months, now in the summer i use more cause i wash and don't rinse it out, it makes nice waves. If you are interested i think Chaz Dean will be on QVC this weekend.

Mane & Tail conditioner - yeah, that's right, the kind that is made for horses and sold at Walmart in the pet aisle. (Not MN - Mane & Tail conditioner) It brought me from ear length to bra-strap length singlehandedly. Now I'm shooting for mid back length and it's attainable.

I use it as a pre-shampoo and rinse out conditioner from time to time. A friend told me years ago that she couldn't keep her short hairstyle because this darn conditioner kept making her hair grow too fast... I was like what/who/where? Her problem became my answer! It doesn't exactly make the hair "grow" but it does help the hair retain length so that it grows freely. :)

Doing my own trims and hair has also helped. I'm always surprised how little recognition old school Mane & Tail conditioner gets. (I do not recommend the shampoo).

Best things for my hair: stretching relaxers, going natural twice, becoming a complete DIY'er, and using Ayurvedic and natural products/ingredients. I just started usingshower filters, and I have finally remedied my dry skin, and my hair is even softer (removes chlorine, heavy metals like iron, VOC's, sulfur, etc from your shower water).

lana

Re: last sentence. I'm surprised too, but I've used the Mane N Tail conditioner as a leave-in for quite a few years. I love it and the other conditioners like deep moisturizing, herrbal gro, and the hair creams in the jars I love too. It's laden with protein, but my hair loves protein. Mane N Tail thickens the hair well too, and gives good volume. Will never be without it!!

Last edited:
Experimenting has changed my hair. After so many errors, I finally found what works. I also found that my hair loves changes every now and then, as long as it is nothing too drastic. I have hair and I love trying different things

1. Stretching my relaxers (3-4 relaxers yearly, I've been doing this before my HHJ. I didn't realize that's what kept my hair thick)
2. Low manipulation
3. Weekly Deep conditioning!!!!!
4. Vitamins

Back