Now that you use a hair steamer how has your relaxed/natural hair changed

It's Addictive. Even though I Love My Mastex Heat Cap......there is something totally therapeutic about Steaming.:yep:

Not to mention the incredible Moisture it Adds to your Hair.

always love reading your posts on steaming they make me giggle.

also ladies a friend of mine had an amazing idea she also incorporates aromatherapy into her steams by adding a drop or two of her fave aromatherapy oils to the water reservoir and she says it eases her tension away. Can't wait till i get mine so i can try this :yep:

always love reading your posts on steaming they make me giggle.

also ladies a friend of mine had an amazing idea she also incorporates aromatherapy into her steams by adding a drop or two of her fave aromatherapy oils to the water reservoir and she says it eases her tension away. Can't wait till i get mine so i can try this :yep:

I was thinkin' about doing this but did not know if there would be an issue with the oil residue

I was thinkin' about doing this but did not know if there would be an issue with the oil residue

I think I will try it when I get mine. I don't see the residue will be a problem bc you just add a drop or two and don;t aromatherapy treatments tend to evaporate away?

It's Addictive. Even though I Love My Mastex Heat Cap......there is something totally therapeutic about Steaming.:yep:

Not to mention the incredible Moisture it Adds to your Hair.

ITA! Its so relaxing to me

Wow I never thought of doing this. I will add maybe 2 drops to the water and see how that feels.

I don't have a steamer and do generic steam treatments, lol. I put in some coconut oil on dry hair loosely pin my hair up and take a hot shower. I've been doing this for about a month after realizing how soft and moisturized my hair felt after a hot shower. I usually do this in between washes to keep my hair moisturize. I notice my braidouts usually come out better afterwards. So does the actual Hair Steamer work better or are the results similar than just taking a hot shower? I'm interested but if I can get the same results by doing what i'm doing that will save me the $78.

D'oh! I was talking about buying a steamer a month or so ago and just forgot about it. :wallbash: Headed to ebay to order right now!

How often are you ladies steaming?

I absolutely love my steamer!!!! My hair is always soft and moisturized. I have fine hair so adding moisturizer and sealing with oil does not work for me. My hair will be flat in a day, with the steamer I have no need to moisturize and seal in between washes. I steam once a week on Sundays and it never fails I get comments on my hair for the rest of week. I have very little breakage, I can comb through my new growth and my hair has a beautiful shine.

I have two friends who are natural who have purchased a steamer for themselves from seeing the difference it has made in my hair.

I will be using a steamer for rest of my days, I love it that much. The funny thing is I have had my steamer for about a year and a half, but I still can't get use to how hot it gets. Sometimes I open the vent or I just lift the hood a few minutes. :lachen:

you guys are making me wanna snatch off this weave and buy myself a steamer!!!
but ive promised myself to wait until mid may to start takin out this weave, but i promise you once i do ill be steaming away..!!
thanks for all the reviews ladies, keep em coming.

Last edited:
I got my steamer last week but haven't put it together yet.

I have to make a space for it .

You ladies make it sound so good.

I love that aromatherapy tip too. I can just imagine sitting there chilling under the hood with a nice glass of wine and just inhaling that nice scent like a lavender oil or something. UMMMMM!!!!

I love my steamer too!
I've switched from using a plastic shower cap with it,or going without.
Also,like to use coconut oil on hair,as it puts an added lift to the
moisture of the steam.
I find that I use it once a month.
Maybe I could kick it up a notch by using it each time I do my hair.

My hair feels like butter (so soft, smooth and conditioned) after a session.

It makes me feel like I'm at a spa getting a "speical" treatment! :yep:

Mine hasn't changed my hair that much, I like my steamer but if I could box it up and sell it I would. I guess I don't use it often enough but I think I should of purchased a tabletop steamer vs one on wheels due to space etc.

When I steam my hair is super soft though. I just need to make more time to go under it each week. :ohwell:

I got my steamer last week and I used it even with my crochet braids in! Taking them out tomorrow evening by God's grace! Can't wait! Gonna steam again then airdry!
May try the aromatherapy tip!

I love my steamer and I really think that it eased my pain during transitioning. (as i did not want to BC). I've found that my 4b stands cant get enough moisture so in an effort to keep it moisturized and my steamer is great for that.

if you are into doing your hair at home I recommend getting one.

Back