What Can I do About COARSE Hair?

blueabyss333 said:
MUCH better. Especially if you have hard water in your area. You can buy it at Whole Foods for like 79-99 Cents.

I was wondering this....now I know. I will pick some up at walmart this weekend.

What to do about coarse hair...

Use a mild shampoo to wash you hair with. I find that conditioning with LeKair Cholesterol Plus keeps my hair soft. Other products that keep my hair soft are S Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer and Blue Magic Coconut Oil grease. After washing your hair, plait or twist it up so it can hold in moisture. Don't let your hair airdry loose. I also find that my hair is more coarse if I don't plait or twist up my hair. If I did daily co-washing and wore my hair out in a shrunken fro, my hair would turn out dry and sometimes crispy by the end of the day. The only styles that work for me as far as keeping my hair soft and moisturized are two strand twists, cornrows, and picked out afro puffs (surprisingly).

HTH!!!

I agree, Poohbear, plaiting and twisting locks the moisture in the hair. That's one reason I braid every night after applying leave-in cond.
Daily co-washing doesn't work for me, either.

locabouthair said:
what deep conditioner do you use? our hair types seem to be the same i dont know if you are natural or not. but my hair is really coarse and dry and i have yet to find a conditioner that moisturizes it.

I deep condition with Cathy Howse (hope I spelled it right) conditioner and then for my CW's I use the NTM Daily Deep Conditioner. It is super thick and extremely moisturizing if used with heat for maybe about 5 min or so.

Back