What are Your KEYS to Growth?

Chichi

My hair has come a long way since joining this board. I feel that I have found products that work for me and I just realized the other day that I have found two keys to growth for the coming year. They are:

- self-relaxing my own hair
- using Aubrey GPB consistently

Self-relaxing - if I learned one thing while trying to transition is that I have strong hair. But some way or the other through the bone straight relaxers that I had in the past etc., my hair was weakened. So all of that is going to stop when I start doing my own hair.

Using Aubrey GPB - well all of the long-haired ladies on this board use it so it couldn't hurt
laugh.gif
. But seriously, I feel that using a mild proteinn is just what my hair needs to keep it in tip-top shape. Just wish that I had started using it when I first heard about it
ohwell.gif

What are some of your keys to growth, if any? (I am calling a KEY something you must do in order for your hair to grow long.)

Chichi
bdance.gif

mine are:

*relaxing less frequently
*washing more often
*doing protein treatments
*deep conditioning every wash

My keys to growth would have to be:

1. Shower filter (products work soooo much better)

2. Roller setting (keeps me from using my curlers/flatiron)

3. Moisturizing my ends (no more breakage)

Ive found the best things for my hair have been not using heat and consistent deep conditioning along with more frequent washing. Since I went from once a week to at least twice, my itchy flaky scalp hardly exists.

- Keeping my hair moisturized and sealing in that moisture.

- Avoiding hair tools and products that damage and dry out my hair.

- Using natural alternatives (oils, butters, and herbs) instead of industrial products.

- Living a healthier life style (good diet, drinking more water, and exercise)

- Oh yea! Eliminating shampoo from my hair regimen.

In my opinion, there are SO many essential keys to growth. However, the top 2 keys to MY achieving the fastest growth has been moisture, moisture, moisture ... and protective styling (concealing my ends). ...did I mention moisture?
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
In my opinion, there are SO many essential keys to growth. However, the top 2 keys to MY achieving the fastest growth has been moisture, moisture, moisture ... and protective styling (concealing my ends). ...did I mention moisture?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that
clap.gif
My hair is THIRSTY 'den a ****'
laugh.gif
Moisture is defintely key.

For me, I'd have to say how often I wash my hair.
-Instead of the normal 7-9 days like I did before, I've been washing every 5 days and my hair has flourished!
-Also deep conditioning each and every time I wash. Keeps my hair hydrated/moisturized.

Lots of things contribute, but for me the keys to hair that is CONSISTENTLY managable are
*conditioner washes (moisture)
*keeping my hands out of it--this one can be tough to follow, but whenever I do for a long period of time, my hair flourishes
up.gif

For me:
No heat
Little to no manipulation
Quality products
Stretching out relaxers(even though folks have tried to convince me that my hair would actually fall out from doing this.
laugh.gif
)
Trimming as needed and not on some dumb schedule(this retains and doesn't actually make grow)

P.S. BlackCardinal, I am so diggin' the Death Troll!
smile.gif

oh yeah! how could i forget no heat
i would probably still be flat ironing/curling my hair every week if it werent for you ladies!

Moisture is key for me too.
Co washes
Stretching relaxer and relaxing my own hair
Protein shakes my hair seem to grow faster when combining shakes with my vits.

*Reducing Tangles to reduce shedding
*Reducing split ends by keeping ends moisturized
*Watching ingredients and recognizing those that don't agree with my hair.
*Leaving it alone.

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
Lots of things contribute, but for me the keys to hair that is CONSISTENTLY managable are
*conditioner washes (moisture)
*keeping my hands out of it--this one can be tough to follow, but whenever I do for a long period of time, my hair flourishes
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yup me too
smile.gif

Self-relaxing
Stretching my relaxers as long as possible
Keeping my hair and ends moisturized
Washing my hair often - every 3 days for me
Air-drying - no heat period
Minimal manipulation - no combing except when wet on wash day
Drinking lots of water daily
Eating a good, healthy diet
Staying stress-free through daily meditation
Visualization
Loving my hair

*Keeping my hair moisturized from root to tip
*deep conditioning
*less heat
*strectching out my relaxer
*this board for great advice

Mine are:

-Protein shakes: naaaaasty, but effective for hair health and growth

-Trimming splits: I only trim when there is a need and it keeps my ends looking healthy and neat and keeps the hair strand from splitting all the way up which results in unhealthy hair.

Pre-shampoo treatments: Twice weekly, I make sure my hair gets the moisture it needs.

Reconstructor: Once or twice a month, this fortifies my hair and gives it strength.

Minimal styling/heat: Keeps my hair healthy and growing.

My two keys to growth are the same as Carlie (moisture and protective styles).
smile.gif
Girl, are we hair twins or something?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
...I wish...
love.gif
...if my hair is waist length by this time next year, I'll be sure to pm you with a big
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
smile.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
...I wish...
love.gif
...if my hair is waist length by this time next year, I'll be sure to pm you with a big
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean in terms of what our hair likes and what works for our hair.
smile.gif

Mine are using protein frequently (Now I HAVE to try Aubrey's GPB, ChiChi....it just gets too much press!
tongue.gif
) and minimizing manipulation.
smile.gif

1. Exercising
2. Daily Scalp Massages
3. Eating a healthy & high protein diet
4. Taking a good multi-vitamin
5. Drinking lots of water
6. No hot irons (I get rollersets instead)
7. Using KeraCare, Design Essentials, & Aubrey Organics products in addition to essential oils & butters (The Aubrey GPB gives me the right amount of protein & the other products keep all of my hair moisturized & easy to detangle)

For me it's (in no particular order):

- Drinking plenty of water
- Having a well balanced diet
- Taking my multi-vitamins
- Daily conditioner washes

Back