what are u doing with your hair this summer

Heard a lot about GNC Ultranourishhair, I'm hoping that my new msm product will along with braids will reap me some beauitful natural hair growth.

carletta said:
BRAIDS BABY !!!!!!!!!!!.............. :orders: BRAIDS BACK TO BACK TIL AUGUST ! :yay: :yay: :yay: DOING THE CROWN & GLORY METHOD AGAIN !
I also will keep taking the GNC Ultranourishhair, this stuff is helping my growth rate too :grin: :yep:

Daily wash and condition, pre-shampoos at least once a week. Ponytail or basic braid. Maybe some pig tails and double buns.

I'm thinking braids all summer. I will start will cornrowing my own hair and then maybe in June get some extentions. I was also thinking about getting a curly sew-in and wearing that for a couple weeks. Either way I will not be manipulationg my hair very much. I also plan on BC'ing in Aug.

I'm thinking about getting cornrows (with or without extensions) where I wear them for 3 weeks, rest 1 week, and so on. If not, I will continue the blowdry every 2-3 weeks routine that I'm currently doing.

I've been considering getting some light brown or honey colored highlights but afraid of experiencing the breakage that a lot of people experience with hair color. My natural hair color is black and brown mixed together; it's always been this way since I was natural as a child before I started getting relaxers. I figure if I find a semi-permanent shade of brown that's in the same color family as the lighest part of my natural color and keep my hair moisturized and conditioned like I already do, then I can add some color without breakage or dryness.

I also usually wear my hair in curly styles during the spring and summer since the styles are easy to maintain and still look good after exercising, dance classes, and outdoor activities etc...

im planning to get some extensions...either kinky twists or individuals (not micro, i aint got the patience to take that down!) so i dont have to worry about it...and i'll prolly follow the C&G braid regimen....

I really want to do the braid thing but I'm scared. I lost a lot of hair the last time I took my braids out. Maybe it will be different this time around now that my hair is mostly natural. If I get them, they will probably be medium sized box braids or cornrows. I have to do something because I've had it up to here with my relaxed ends, and I'm not ready to BC yet.:ohwell:

I want to wear braid-outs or 2 strand twist/twist-outs (if I can get them to stay twisted) during the summer...but I need you guys help I will be looking at your hair albums for styles, techniques, etc.

About the 2 strand twist/twist-outs how do ya'll get them to stay twisted (tight)? Yesterday, I tried to do twist-outs on wet, and then on dry hair, I even put a rubber band at the end (I only did one) and it twisted back in the opposite direction which un-twisted it...with the rubber band and all.:mad: Should I twist larger sections?

I'm an admirer of 2 strand twist/twist-outs styles.

And can I twist my hair every night when wearing twist-outs, and does my hair have to be wet?

HELP!!!

This just popped in my head. What about rolling the entire twist with sponge rollers? I'm quit sure that I can't just roll the ends...because it will un-twist. Will this be too curly?

Last edited:
Braiding it up & then I can do various styles with the braids!! Box braids!!
Maybe Poetic Justice will ride again, but not as big!!!
Hopefully for about two months or until my stretch is over!!
GROW, GROW, GROW, GROW, GROW!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

Hey Den, I will definitely be getting a full relaxer. I won't have them do it bone straight as that is not the look I am looking for but I do not want any wave or curl pattern to it. Just so that my hair has some sort of body left to it.

den1 said:
Will you be getting a full relaxer/texturizer? good luck i'm sure you'll enjoy the change.

I am going to...

* Develop and stick to a real hair regime, which will include using AO's GPB conditioner every two weeks and doing moisturizing deep-conditioning treatments/masks every two weeks. I will keep track of this on my calendar so I don't forget.

* Let my hair grow and just do light dustings when needed (only if my ends still look good, of course). This might be hard for me, but I am committed to doing it.

* Be creative and have fun with my growing collection of hair accessories instead of just buying and neglecting them like I usually do. :lol:

Thanks for making me think about this, Den. :)

I'll be wearing rods all summer, maybe adding a piece or two to add a little volume. I have been rodding my hair for a little over a month now, and my hair is more healthy than it has ever been. It's great cuz you can't really mess with it, and I love to play with my hair.

Hey ladies,

I can't get over the new look here, I love it.

I'll be doing the "baggie/faux bun" method until about end of June, then I'll be weaved up for Miami!!

Well my bun challenge is officially over and I am an inch ahead of plan (growth-wise).. I am about 3 weeks into a 12-week MSM challenge and keeping up with my other vits - biotin, multi-vit, omega 3,6,9-oils.

So summer will be to grow more and retain thickness, and as I get closer to my goal, I won't have to trim too much for it to look good. Plan: keep ends oiled and moist, fewer Dominican blow-outs and less heat, more con-washing and air-drying. Utilize cute styles such as bantu knot twist-outs and flexi-rod sets. NO coloring -- just clear colorshines.

I"m pretty much sticking to what has worked and brought me thus far.

tropicexotic said:
Twists with my own hair. I'm finally liking how they hang so this will most definitely be my summer style.
TropicExotic, I'm with you. I just discovered today that my natural twists are finally long enough to hang beautifully and as my hair grows longer, the look should only be enhanced. Not to mention, it is an easy protective style with versatility to be pinned back or up, ponytailed, etc.

I retained lots of growth last year wearing braids from April to August. I think I'm going to touch up again in May and wear braids from June to August again. My regemin was simple and it gave my hair an nice break from relaxers and styling. I'll be wearing cornrows 3 weeks at a time, rest for a week and rebraid. I won't relax again until Sept.

I *plan* on wearing wash, shake & go's and wet updos....whatever will keep my hot hair off the back of my neck and out of my way :lol:.

Back