What About a First Date to the Club?

First Date to the Club?

• YAY!

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • NAY!

Votes: 80 95.2%

• Total voters
He just wants to feel on your boo oo tee. Your boo oo tee! Your boo oo tee! (Think of that R. Kelly song with Little Kim in the video)

What will he suggest next? Strip club?

Did this once, and it was the beginning of the worst and most stressful dating experience that I've ever had in life :nono:. It wasn't even supposed to be a date. I had mentioned that I was going out with my girls and he just showed up at the same club.....alone :perplexed: He was under me the whole night!

Jazz Club: :yep:

Regular Club: :nono:

A club? No.
Dancing at salsa night or a jazz concert...possibly.
The club is not the right atmosphere to get to know someone IMO.ESP if you are drinking....think about hearing "lick lick lick my lollipop" and you are taking shots...and your hips start gyrating...

Nah...not a good look.

I would only go to a club with my MAN after we were GOOD and established and if there was a special party or something....or we were visiting out of town.

Exactly that. It would definitely depend on the club - I've been to a couple of clubs that would be perfect for a first date - they served dinner/light food, and had jazz/r&B on the other side. You could sit, talk, and then dance, if you wanted to.

A regular bootyshaking hiphop club, though? No. Too many distractions - that's where you go to meet people, not to get to know people.

That's tacky as sh**.

If he suggested to wine and dine THEN do go dancing, come that would be different (but not much better). The fact that he chose a club should tell you alot about what he wants and thinks of you.

Well I'm going to be the oddball here and say I don't (didn't) have a problem with it. My DH and I had our first date at a club! Maybe it was different b/c I kinda already knew him at work. But we had exchanged numbers and were talking on the phone. I was getting impatient and asked when was he going to ask me out. He already knew I liked to go out and dance and at the time, he was in to clubbing (neither of us are anymore) and so on our first date, we went to a club.

For me it was actually one of the best first dates ever. :grin:

I wouldn't. If you start off that way, they assume you like it and every date will turn into a club night.

I once went out with someone and we met at a bar and every single date after that, he just assumed, I wanted to go hang out at a bar! Uggh!

I think it depends on the situation and the guy. Although our first date was at the club, I was already somewhat acquainted with DH from work. We went on several dates after that and a lot of them were very nice dates. I went to museums, parks, movies and a lot of restaurants I'd never been to before. I got spoiled pretty good in those dating days lol.

It doesn't always have to be such a horrible thing. Like I said, it depends on the guy. My bff met a guy at the club and they dated for over a year and a half. He was actually a decent guy. And they went on lots of nice dates too- not just the club. He took her to lots of nice places. Lol I remember I envied her for all the good dates they went on.

Back