What About a First Date to the Club?

First Date to the Club?

• YAY!

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • NAY!

Votes: 80 95.2%

• Total voters

KiSseS03

First I asked you all about the mall-- now the club?

Is that an upgrade? :lachen:

Would love to hear your opinions (or stories):yep:!

My own answer to the question, I really don't think so.

I'm not really into the club scene-- although I can take on a nice Soca Fete in the summer:yep:, or an upscale lounge for a bite to eat with friends!

The club, not so much-- if I do go, it's with my girls, and it has to be for some special event.

I was pretty surprised when a guy suggested taking me to one. I still might go depending on the place, but I would bring my girls and he could bring his guys and make it a group event. I couldn't really take it seriously as a "date" though.

Dang, whatever happened to dinner and a movie? :perplexed

If you want to go to the club with your girls and him with the fellas and have fun, then hey, enjoy! But that wouldn't be a good first date for me at all.

Dang, whatever happened to dinner and a movie? :perplexed

If you want to go to the club with your girls and him with the fellas and have fun, then hey, enjoy! But that wouldn't be a good first date for me at all.
Hey Bunny!

I remember you from the last thread! And ITA, I like an old-fashioned dinner and movie:yep: I wouldn't go on a "date" to the club!

Hey Bunny!

I remember you from the last thread! And ITA, I like an old-fashioned dinner and movie:yep: I wouldn't go on a "date" to the club!

I love dating threads! They draw me in. :) Been on enough first and second dates in my lifetime to know what works!

Usually I struggle to get to that next level... but maybe that's changing? :eek:

I don't think it's a horrible idea.

Men like to know that a woman can just have simple fun without so many expectations and questions from the start. I'm sure he already thinks you are cool and he probably wants to dance and show you a good time. If you have a nice time there will most definitely be a second date. I don't believe everything has to be so formal to work. Plus, now he has no reason why you can't go with him in the future and you will know straight up if he is interested in you or what's strutting through the club.

I would just refrain from drinking so that you can show him you can enjoy his company without drinking or if you do drink have a beer but no open cup drinks (drugs).

:nono::nono: Uh uh.
The club:look: :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I used to get SSOOOOOOOO put off when guys suggested this. I mean I cannot even hear myself in a club. How the hell am I suppose to carry on a decent conversation up in there.
At least in a mall you can talk, get to know each othera bit more, yada yada. But dinner is better.

A man has never suggested to this to me. Thank God. They always wanted to do something intimate like dinner and movie. How are you supposed to get to know someone when you are shouting over the music or dancing? Umm...no. I'm a once in a while type of club person. Usually when I'm there I'm like...:look:. So I know that I def would be not be down for a first date at the juke joint. :nono:

hell no. one of the worst environments for a date, imo. also, being drunk and alone with a man can put you at a vulnerable position. or you may do things you wouldn't have done if you were sober (sexual and/or non-sexual things).

:nono:

I mean maybe a few dates down the line it would be fun to dance and have a blast. But the first date should be to get to know each other, and you can't do that around loud music...I prefer a more intimate setting on a first date.

Yeah, I remember this idiot took me on a "date" to a club...never again :perplexed.

For some reason, I think that's so disrespectful if you're trying to get to know someone. :ohwell:

no thanks if he did then i know that we werent going to be having a relationship. There is somethings that are complete turnoffs for when a man asks me on a date.

Yes i like to keep it traditional(straight dinner and a movie) especially for a first date...

But like i have 1 that ive been on a date once. Now he wants to have a date to a nice lounge/pool place. I dont shoot pool and thats not much fun for me. And really the place is more like you go there to meet men so why would i want to go to that with him unless we are cool like that which we arent.

I have another that also did that for a first outing he asked me to go to some sports bar with him. I'm like thats boring because for me I'm not interested in sports so who is enjoying the outing. And its not like he's going to be paying attention to me more like the tv and the games. Especially when their maybe other eligible men their and im out with him.(they arent going to approach me).

Yea a jazz club a lounge yes. Just a regular booty shaking club no thanks.

I actually went on a first date to the club a looooong time ago. I had fun, but I would never do it again. We had fun dancing and just walked around the city after that.

Absolutely not! How can we talk and get to know each other in a place that has hundreds of people and deafening music?

First date? Oh heck naw. I already look at the guys in the club sideways... why would i want to go on a first date there? :nono:

First I asked you all about the mall-- now the club?

Is that an upgrade? :lachen:

Would love to hear your opinions (or stories):yep:!

That's not a date.

A date is going out to a place where you can get to know a person via conversation and "exchanges".

Ain't nothing being exchanged at a club except body fluids (sweat et al)...

A club? No.
Dancing at salsa night or a jazz concert...possibly.
The club is not the right atmosphere to get to know someone IMO.ESP if you are drinking....think about hearing "lick lick lick my lollipop" and you are taking shots...and your hips start gyrating...

Nah...not a good look.

I would only go to a club with my MAN after we were GOOD and established and if there was a special party or something....or we were visiting out of town.

That's not a date. That's us going out....and we can do that, but he better not try and call it a date.

Did that before. Waste of time. How am I supposed to get to know you with the music blasting?

For me its not even that. I mean.... I wouldn't even take my boyfriend to the club.

What are you gonna do??? Watch me dance with somebody else???? Then wipe my forehead when I work up a sweat?

Weirdness.

At first I didn't understand the question........where best should you go on a "first" date?

I would never sugguest a mall (is he planning to buy you something?....are you supposed to buy him something?) or a club (is loud music, freakem clothing and lots of alcohol a good place to ask where to ask what your favorite color or do you like sushi?) for a first date.

just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

Back