Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Is the Cleansing Conditioner you think too strong for a regular co-wash: I currently use Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner: its no cleansing conditioner but IYO: you think its more beneficial to use WEN?

Is the Cleansing Conditioner you think too strong for a regular co-wash: I currently use Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner: its no cleansing conditioner but IYO: you think its more beneficial to use WEN?

I think the cleansing conditioners are perfect for cowashes. Chaz (the creator) even says the more you use it the better your hair will feel. I don't think it's too strong at all. In fact it's the perfect balance of cleanser and moisturizer. My hair actually feels moisturized after I use it, as if I've put in a leave-in or something else.

The only issue is if you cowash everyday it might get a little bit expensive. But your hair will love it!

I ordered the Tea Tree set yesterday...I can't wait. If I like it, i'll order the lavendar next. I actually fell off the "Buy nothing for July Challenge" lurking in this and Coffee's thread! :lachen:

Ok...I havent made up my mind about this yet. The first night I got it, I did a cleanse with the tea tree and left a lil bit of the fig in, no other product, I just wanted to test it out to see what it was like. It air dried, still no product, and my hair still had softness to it, which isnt normal for me, w/o product, and especially of late. The next day (morning) I did a CW with the fig. It was ok, but nothing special. Today I used the lavendar. I like the smell of it, and its the best my hair has looked so far. I only used a lil bit of gel to pull it back in a ponytail, and it looks really good. I will have to use it a lil more to see if the cumlative effects are worth it for me. I normally cw everyday, and I just dont see a dramatic difference, though it may be a lil shiner and my texture smoother. One good thing, it doesnt look dull when it dries like some conditioners do. I think I'm going to hang out on the qvc forums for a bit, it looks like they do all sorts of mixing and have some sort of system worked out for how best to use this stuff.

Does anyone know if this ia a low, med or high protein conditioner? Also, are you sure I wont need to clarify? It has a cone in it and from what I've read its not one of the water soluable ones. Also, I had just gotten my shedding under control with the long term relationship leave in. I was cw with various conditioners, and started using the ltr, and my shedding practically ceased. Upon using Wen, I did get a lil shedding, but it was no where near the amount I was getting before. I didnt use the ltr afterward tho, so that might have make a difference.

Anyway... the jury is still out...and I havent gotten the almond mint one yet to try. At this point, if I had to reorder I would get the lavendar one. The tea tree one made my scalp feel great, tho.

Ok...I havent made up my mind about this yet. The first night I got it, I did a cleanse with the tea tree and left a lil bit of the fig in, no other product, I just wanted to test it out to see what it was like. It air dried, still no product, and my hair still had softness to it, which isnt normal for me, w/o product, and especially of late. The next day (morning) I did a CW with the fig. It was ok, but nothing special. Today I used the lavendar. I like the smell of it, and its the best my hair has looked so far. I only used a lil bit of gel to pull it back in a ponytail, and it looks really good. I will have to use it a lil more to see if the cumlative effects are worth it for me. I normally cw everyday, and I just dont see a dramatic difference, though it may be a lil shiner and my texture smoother. One good thing, it doesnt look dull when it dries like some conditioners do. I think I'm going to hang out on the qvc forums for a bit, it looks like they do all sorts of mixing and have some sort of system worked out for how best to use this stuff.

Does anyone know if this ia a low, med or high protein conditioner? Also, are you sure I wont need to clarify? It has a cone in it and from what I've read its not one of the water soluable ones. Also, I had just gotten my shedding under control with the long term relationship leave in. I was cw with various conditioners, and started using the ltr, and my shedding practically ceased. Upon using Wen, I did get a lil shedding, but it was no where near the amount I was getting before. I didnt use the ltr afterward tho, so that might have make a difference.

Anyway... the jury is still out...and I havent gotten the almond mint one yet to try. At this point, if I had to reorder I would get the lavendar one. The tea tree one made my scalp feel great, tho.

How many pumps did you use? If I recall you have thick natural hair and will require more than 40 pumps. I have never tried the Tea Tree but I would think it's not as moisturizing as the Lavender or Fig. I recall that the Tea Tree is more of people with scalp issues like dandruff. I love the Fig the most and then Lavender is right up there as a very close 2nd.

I think it is a low to medium protein that I can tell. I am not the best person to ask. Maybe someone will be able to tell us or I can PM GymFreak.

Well my order went in. I got the fig cleansing conditioner and oil. Can't wait to try it :)

Your hair in your siggy already looks WEN'd :yep: already!
I think that may be the situation with Enchantmt. Her hair already is in great condition which is why she did not notice a drastic effect.

I've used the Wen twice now and ladies..i don't think i'm in love:nono: :sad: It just....makes my hair feel like a normal cowash... I guess :look: Should I keep using it??

I wanted to add that for me the smell of the fig is a bit overwhelming and I could smell it in my hair alllllllll day :lachen: Also, the menthol was a little uncomfortable on my scalp but it was bearable, not like pain or anything.

I wanted to add that for me the smell of the fig is a bit overwhelming and I could smell it in my hair alllllllll day :lachen: Also, the menthol was a little uncomfortable on my scalp but it was bearable, not like pain or anything.

I could do without the menthol.

My issue is that I've used it probably 4-5 times and 1/4 of that bottle is empty.

The lavender cc smells a lot better then the fig. Fabulousity, are you allowing it to sit in your hair while you shower. The longer it stays in the hair the better. :yep:

The lavender cc smells a lot better then the fig. Fabulousity, are you allowing it to sit in your hair while you shower. The longer it stays in the hair the better. :yep:

Yes, I do leave it in while showering so i'm not sure why i'm not getting fab results like you all. Damn yall, how long of a shower are you taking???? :lachen::lachen:

Yes, I do leave it in while showering so i'm not sure why i'm not getting fab results like you all. Damn yall, how long of a shower are you taking???? :lachen::lachen:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have some ends that are horrible, even after a major cut I had a few weeks ago. In fact I'm already thinking of dusting my ends, so its not in all that great of condition. My hair isnt all that thick, more like medium. Its right above/at my shoulders. I used 20-25 pumps I think. It was well saturated tho. I like it well enough so I'm not going to :clubu: :lol:

I will experiment with it some more. I havent had a chance to scour qvc and nc yet to see how they are using it. Some posts on qvc led me to believe they are mixing certain conditioners together to get specific results. If I find anything interesting, I'll post it. :yep:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have some ends that are horrible, even after a major cut I had a few weeks ago. In fact I'm already thinking of dusting my ends, so its not in all that great of condition. My hair isnt all that thick, more like medium. Its right above/at my shoulders. I used 20-25 pumps I think. It was well saturated tho. I like it well enough so I'm not going to :clubu: :lol:

I will experiment with it some more. I havent had a chance to scour qvc and nc yet to see how they are using it. Some posts on qvc led me to believe they are mixing certain conditioners together to get specific results. If I find anything interesting, I'll post it. :yep:

Well dang, if you gotta add something to it then whats the point of a expensive bottle of conditioner?? I'm going to cowash again tonight then twist my hurr back up. I'll try it for few more days. If you hear any wonderful concoctions please let us know :grin:

Well dang, if you gotta add something to it then whats the point of a expensive bottle of conditioner?? I'm going to cowash again tonight then twist my hurr back up. I'll try it for few more days. If you hear any wonderful concoctions please let us know :grin:

I dont think they use other conditioners, I think they mix the various wen's together to get different effects. I'll find out for sure. :detective:

I think she is referring to using two or more WEN conditioners at the same time.

When I was having flaky scalp issues I would use the tea tree on the scalp and the lavender on the length of my hair. :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

sometimes I leave WEN in overnight...Also the more you use WEN the better the results. When I first tried WEN I was not impressed, and then all of a sudden BAMMMMMMM! :look:

I dont think they use other conditioners, I think they mix the various wen's together to get different effects. I'll find out for sure. :detective:

Enchantment you better send me a 16 oz sample of the lavendar cuz I ain't shelling out no mo money :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

sometimes I leave WEN in overnight...Also the more you use WEN the better the results. When I first tried WEN I was not impressed, and then all of a sudden BAMMMMMMM! :look:

ok ok charmtreese!! I will use it until it gets to 1/2 the bottle (which will be about 2 more uses :rolleyes::lachen:). I want that "kackplow!!" result all you others are getting !!!

Then again fab, it may not give your hair that wow factor (I hope this is not the case). I used it on my sisters hair and it did NOTHING. Her hair is really thick texlaxed 4a some 4b and about BSL and WEN was NO match!!:nono: Her hair sucked WEN up and was looking at me for something else, I refused to use my whole bottle on her head so I whipped out the CON. :look:

I have relaxed fine medium density 4b with some 4a hair thats DRY, DRY, DRY and it works like a charm for me. It also works well on my moms hair which is about neck length 4a fine medium/thin density.

Then again fab, it may not give your hair that wow factor (I hope this is not the case). I used it on my sisters hair and it did NOTHING. Her hair is really thick texlaxed 4a some 4b and about BSL and WEN was NO match!!:nono: Her hair sucked WEN up and was looking at me for something else, I refused to use my whole bottle on her head so I whipped out the CON. :look:

I have relaxed fine medium density 4b with some 4a hair thats DRY, DRY, DRY and it works like a charm for me. It also works well on my moms hair which is about neck length 4a fine medium/thin density.

Say it ain't so:ohwell: I'm going to use it tonight for my cowash, then tomorrow morning i'll be using it again. I will report back to you...

I think that your hair getting better over time means using WEN more than a week or two. It takes consistent use before your hair feels differently or you can see a difference in your hair. Everyone has different hair, so while one person will be able to see a difference in 3-4 uses, it may take someone else 6-7 uses. It really is an awesome product and used according to directions, it does work for the majority of users :yep:.

:bump::bump::bump:

Keeping this one bumped for more results before I take the plunge. I want something where I can switch back and forth from Ovation...

Back