Well I passed another LHCF “milestone” (but I’m sad)

It was the people snatch on your hair milestone. My co-worker just snatched a small lock of hair and it hurt. Worst part another co-worker witnessed the attack. She waited until I hung up my phone and wasn't looking at her to jumped me. She’s Mexican and older and she said “wanted to see if little stings would come off (a weave)”. I told her she hurt me and it’s all my hair. She apologized and asked if I wanted to pull her hair back. I said I didn’t before but now I want to snatch her hair out. She walked away. I did a con-wash and a singles twist out then once the coils dried I untwisted my hair so my hair is pretty big and twisty. I’m sad she assumed my hair was fake after watching me grow out my hair all these months :sad:.

It was the people snatch on your hair milestone. My co-worker just snatched a small lock of hair and it hurt. Worst part another co-worker witnessed the attack. She waited until I hung up my phone and wasn't looking at her to jumped me. She’s Mexican and older and she said “wanted to see if little stings would come off (a weave)”. I told her she hurt me and it’s all my hair. She apologized and asked if I wanted to pull her hair back. I said I didn’t before but now I want to snatch her hair out. She walked away. I did a con-wash and a singles twist out then once the coils dried I untwisted my hair so my hair is pretty big and twisty. I’m sad she assumed my hair was fake after watching me grow out my hair all these months :sad:.

That's really terrible. And utterly and completely unprofessional. You may seriously want to consider reporting her to management. That was completely uncalled for.

That was so stupid. I know exactly what you went through.

If it was fake, still why would you pull it to see if it comes off? (That would be even worse) You dont pull fake hair off! that is a guarenteed fight:wallbash:

I really don't know what's going on with people these days. TERRIBLE!!:nono:
I'm so sorry that happened to you, anybody these days think about just asking!? I'd rather be asked then yanked anyday!!

That's really terrible. And utterly and completely unprofessional. You may seriously want to consider reporting her to management. That was completely uncalled for.

I agree with NYLegalNewbie! You need to report her! She's lucky if that's all she will get! I'm telling you now if it were me she would have gotten the beat down! I wish someone WOULD pull my hair so hard that some of my precious strands came out! I'm hood, though! I'm from Inglewood. :grin:

I LUV you ladies. I feel better :yep:. I felt attacked. I don't even think she cared about me being embarrassed if she had pulled out fake hair. I knew you guys would understand. Either way what she did was cut throat. I never saw it coming from her, especially with witnesses.

This is making me sad:sad:

I agree with NYLegalNewbie! You need to report her! She's lucky if that's all she will get! I'm telling you now if it were me she would have gotten the beat down! I wish someone WOULD pull my hair so hard that some of my precious strands came out! I'm hood, though! I'm from Inglewood. :grin:

Girl whatchu know about inglewood?? You mean inglewood California right?? Thats where i was raised :yep: Westsiiide! :lachen:

INGLEWOOD :boxing:. I got a friend from Inglewood she's super gangsta! Thanks for your support. I will talk with one of the managers today.

INGLEWOOD :boxing:. I got a friend from Inglewood she's super gangsta! Thanks for your support. I will talk with one of the managers today.

LOL! Always up to no good! But I definitely think you should say something to the manager. I don't know what could be done to resolve the issue (THAT'S why I stick to fighting :grin:), but at least there may be some kind of punishment for her.

Yea, you need to report her. That's why she offered to let you pull her so she could even it up and take away your reason for going to HR.

That is sad pulling your hair like that to see if it was a weave. She would have been reported to HR or *** whup depending on my mood.

Even if it was fake, what makes it okay to pull something attached to someone else's head just because you wanted to know? It's not the questions about black hair that bother me, it's the audacity people have to not respect another person's space. Would you grab someone's boob to see if it was real? UGH!

I understand/expect that type of behavior from a 3 year old.

i would have mushed her in her round little face .what if that ended up really being a track that she pulled ? she was trying to embarass you.

Screw her don't let her determine your mood. Go back the next day and snatch the crap outta hers.

Alright you... I don't wanna have to raise bail money!:lachen:

Report that to your HR representatives. Even if it is to document the incident and you don't want anything done to her.

She may try this again with maybe not you but someone else. The fact that she felt she could do this in her work setting is incomprehensible.

She may have done something similar before and HR may be aware.

If nothing else you document it and she tries it again and you decide to ah well... let's just say take matters in your own hands you have a clear case of being provoked documented with HR.

Welcome to the world of wonderful hair. HHG!

I guess I'm some what passive aggressive. I wouldn't report her...I'm certain there will be an opportunity when she will need your feedback for some type of professional team build or something along those lines. Just keep this episode stored in your memory bank...plus, you have witnesses. What did the witness say to you about it or are they friends?

Welcome to the club of "No she didn't snatch my hair". We all become unwilling members and then thing is people snatch long hair, short hair...whatever hair. I never understood why.:ohwell:

I guess I'm some what passive aggressive. I wouldn't report her...I'm certain there will be an opportunity when she will need your feedback for some type of professional team build or something along those lines. Just keep this episode stored in your memory bank...plus, you have witnesses. What did the witness say to you about it or are they friends?

I am also passive aggressive. I wanted to slap her but I didn’t want to blow my cool. I can relate about not reporting her. I does seems kinda cry baby (she pulled my hair:cry3: ) but I really think she was out of order.

I wouldn't report it, depending on how she actually did it. It was wrong. But you know how the workplace can get toooo political quickly. You dont want to be perceived as the whiny ass:grin:. I know how you feel though, I just cussed someone something good at my second part time, and my employment is still up in the air (though I really dont care cause its not my main job, it is just something legal to do, for money:lachen:) But that is what happens when "Keepin it real goes wrong":lachen:.

Assess the situation, if she always gets out of line report her, but otherwise lay low, key her car or something!

As soon as I told her that hurt, the witness took my side and said that was wrong.

I wouldn't report it, depending on how she actually did it. It was wrong. But you know how the workplace can get toooo political quickly. You dont want to be perceived as the whiny ass:grin:. I know how you feel though, I just cussed someone something good at my second part time, and my employment is still up in the air (though I really dont care cause its not my main job, it is just something legal to do, for money:lachen:) But that is what happens when "Keepin it real goes wrong":lachen:.

Assess the situation, if she always gets out of line report her, but otherwise lay low, key her car or something!

:grin: Tis is actually a good point I didn't think of. You are right, she shouldn't report it because of this very reason. Now, I wish you HAD pulled the hair so hard she had pieces of brain hanging at the ends of hair strands :lachen:

Back