Wash n Gos for Relaxed hair

yellagirl730

I want to try a wash n go. My hair is relaxed and I want to give it a break from flatironing. What products should I use and what methods? TIA

I use John Frieda Dream Curls and/or Dove curl and sculpt after washing and conditioning my hair. I then scrunch it all over from the ends up and let it air dry or dry under my Pibbs if I'm going out.

Lately, I've used the Waterfalls Silk Hydrating Spritz by Silk Dreams Hair Care (Supergirl in this forum). I put it on my hair after rinsing out my conditioner, let it air dry for a while and then sit under the dryer. My hair felt really soft, easy to comb through and I didn't need to put much in to moisturize after applying it. :yep:

I use Lacio Lacio sometimes too. That is another good product to leave in and you only need a little.

HTH

Last edited:
I have been trying to do more wash n gos. I just realized that my hair has a bit of texture now that it's being relaxed properly. :lol: I have tried doing wash n go's with gel, but don't like the "crunchy" look. I will try some of the products mentioned in this thread. :yep:

When I was relaxed, I'd sometimes do wash and go's with some type of light cream. Anything too heavy made it all stringy and greasy.

There are so many other things you could do in stead of flat ironing though, that look better on relaxed hair IMO and last longer, like braid/twist outs or roller setting. Bantu knot outs made my hair look curly and smooth. :yep:

Back