ANY RELAXED HEADS DO WASH AND GOS?????

I'm relaxed and have been doing wash and gos for...well as a previous poster mentioned before I even knew what they were called :lol:. I shampoo 2-3 times a week and co-wash the other times always leaving a good amount of conditioner in my hair and following up with a lighweight gel or other styling product to hold the curls and keep them from frizzing.

For products I alternate between Aveda (though due to bugdet have cut back on this brand), Aubrey, and currently Burts Bees (like their pomegrante conditoner as a leave in). I tend to favor products I can find at Vitamin Shoppe..the more natural ingredients the better at least when it comes to shampoos and conditioners. Most popular drug store brands dry my hair out.

I am intrigued by this thread. I am relaxed but transitioning to texlaxed (I have about 2 inches of texlaxed hair). I am going to do a cowash tomorrow morning and attempt a wash and go.

I will report back tomorrow.

Great thread!

I am also texlaxed and have been doing wash n gos since last year. This was one of the reasons I stopped relaxing bone straight so I can have some texture and curl instead of just waves, but it depends on how defined you want the curl to be and it definitely depends on your hair type. I tend mix up products from time to time to get different results. Sometimes I use Hawaiian Silky 14n1 along with Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme or just a leave-in conditioner with a styling gel (fantasia IC gel or Eco-Styling gel) and scrunch. If I have time I will sit under the dryer for some drying time to avoid frizz unless its really warm/hot outside, I can air dry.

as my hair gets healthies and stronger, my wash and gos look better and better. 2 years ago my hair would not even curl up if i wet it (i waws relaxing bone straight) now with my texlax it looks so much better. Since I have been dcing consistently, the curls on the end have come back to life too.

as my hair gets healthies and stronger, my wash and gos look better and better. 2 years ago my hair would not even curl up if i wet it (i waws relaxing bone straight) now with my texlax it looks so much better. Since I have been dcing consistently, the curls on the end have come back to life too.

Youre hair looks really nice in your avi....share girlie...what are you using? :locks:

Hello all....Ive been very curious about something....Ive noticed that most women on the site that do curly/coily wash and gos are natural.

I am one year texlaxed and was always relaxed bone straight prior to that.

Im the summer I LOVE to rock my wash and gos with my curly, squiggly, poofy, frizzy mess of a mop top! :grin: (the bigger I can get my hair the better!) And I have been trying to get advice from others that wash and go but Im a little reluctant now because Im afraid that products may not work the same on my relaxed hair.

Are there any other woman out there who relax and wear their wet hair out with curls? If so...what do you use?

TIA

I love your hair! What kind of relaxer do you use to texlax and what is your application time? I'm thinking about texlaxing too..
I used to do wash and gos when I was in high school..well actually
I would leave conditioner in my hair and it started to break :ohwell: I would love to try it again but actually have some type of curl pattern.

I didn't think that it was possible to do that with relaxed (not texlaxed) 4b hair, but I will definitely give it a try when I wash out this wrecked roller set!

I do them more in the summer months. I use Paul Mitchell mousse. This is the best one I have found for wash-n-gos that doen't leave my hair big and puffy. I have a few more I want to try but I tend to stick with what works.

Now I saw this girl with one of the most beautiful washout I have seen. She said she put vaseline on her hair after she washes it, then she use mousse. (She didnt say what brand.) Now she said it dries non greasy and soft. I dont know since I never tried it with vaseline. I just know her hair was beautiful and she was relaxed.

Youre hair looks really nice in your avi....share girlie...what are you using? :locks:

hey thanks :)
this is what i did:
washed my hair in the shower then combed through my tangles using a wide tooth comb and aussie moist conditioner (lots of it). i sprayed chi keratin mist in it; let it dry a little. then rubbed herbal essences ltr leavin into each section esp the ends. i let it air dry even more, then i took a couple of palm fulls of sweet almond oil and scrunched it into the hair to seal in the last little bit of moisture.

I'm relaxed and am a BIG wash and go-er. (Did wash and goes before I knew what they were! LOL) Though, in MI, it's still kinda cold (it was 52 degrees over the weekend! :ohwell: I'm moving back to FLA though, so YAY!!! Anyway, getting distracted...). I've been using Aveeno leave-in, just a *touch* of Queen Helene's conditioner (to give my ends some weight) and coconut oil/whatever sealant I'm in the mood for. I had a heavy/weighty conditioner simply because my hair takes forever to dry, and when the high here is only 65, parts of my hair dry faster than others, and I don't want my ends to get fly away/frizzy while my roots and the majority of my strands are coiled. I'm growing out a bleach/dye job, so ends are kinda rough. :ohwell:

HTH:grin:!!

Uh, who's the cutie in your siggy? LOVE him.

Back