Anyone Retain Length with Consistent Wash-n-Gos???

What the heck are you guys doing that I am not? I get so many SSK's and the whole summer is basically a set back for my hair. I still haven't texlaxed but I think as long as I am wearing wash n go I am never going to reach my length goals. It is just such an easy style. :-(

I don't retain probably for other reasons, but I did get some extra length when I plaited my hair in 4 braids at night (without combing it out) used a cap or satin pillow case and was very gentle fluffy my hair out in the AM. In the summer, for sweat or swimming reasons, I am washing almost every day, so that's what I did. I detangled once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. I don't have many SSKs. Maybe this helps, maybe not :ohwell:.

I wanted to bump this old thread to see if anyone was still doing this. Wng's have been my staple style the past few weeks. Twist outs and braidouts just don't work on me and this is the easiest and laziest (if Im being honest) way to do my hair. I'm just curious if I can retain length this way and if so how? What are the important tips? I wash, deep condition and steam once a week but every other day I cowash and use a combo of knot today, oyin hair dew, crn whipped butter gel and crn curlmakert. Is this sustainable or am I fooling myself? I haven't noticed many ssk's. Any suggestions?

I wanted to bump this old thread to see if anyone was still doing this. Wng's have been my staple style the past few weeks. Twist outs and braidouts just don't work on me and this is the easiest and laziest (if Im being honest) way to do my hair. I'm just curious if I can retain length this way and if so how? What are the important tips? I wash, deep condition and steam once a week but every other day I cowash and use a combo of knot today, oyin hair dew, crn whipped butter gel and crn curlmakert. Is this sustainable or am I fooling myself? I haven't noticed many ssk's. Any suggestions?

Youre doing great then! Just watch your ends. Do you have thin stands?? If you do, check your ends regularly for breakage. You can retain length in WnGs. Ive done it, I just kept my hair moisturized at all times and I didnt really cowash often, just respritzed with water or a second day remoisurizing spray.

Youre doing great then! Just watch your ends. Do you have thin stands?? If you do, check your ends regularly for breakage. You can retain length in WnGs. Ive done it, I just kept my hair moisturized at all times and I didnt really cowash often, just respritzed with water or a second day remoisurizing spray.
Thanks. I do have fine ends but I am trimming. I didn't know the importance of keeping them moisturized until I found this thread. I was moisturizing my hair daily bit I am going to add doing it again at night and sealing my ends with an oil after I apply the wng products. Any suggestions on what to put on ends while growing out in a wng?

Thanks. I do have fine ends but I am trimming. I didn't know the importance of keeping them moisturized until I found this thread. I was moisturizing my hair daily bit I am going to add doing it again at night and sealing my ends with an oil after I apply the wng products. Any suggestions on what to put on ends while growing out in a wng?

You may not need to moisturize at night because youll have to get up and do it right back again in the morning. That will do nothing but weigh your fine strands down. Just bonnet at night then remoisturize in the morning.

Back