Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

I keep having my phone switch back to the Amazon app every time I try to click on it. Lol

Sorry to put you through the extra work. Search her store front. It easy to navigate and not filled with too many products.

I just purchased the 4 pack because it would send to my PO Box. Anything that is too large to fit in my mail box often ends up being deliver at a not so close neighbors house.

I ordered a hooded dryer for my wash and gos. I also want to start experimenting with more frequent cowashing and doing a WNG completely in the shower ala Anthony Dickey, and using a conditioner rather than a leave-in and gel. One of his videos says the right conditioner for you is the one that makes your hair feel the softest, so I'm on the hunt.

What conditioners do y'all like?

I have a small travel size bottle of ICV. I washed my hair and used UFD and ICH. Then at the end I applied ICV all over and sorta smoothed it in everywhere. I like it, it gives my wash n go more elongation and shine. It smoothes really nicely over ICH.

My main observation with my hair since starting this wash n go journey is that my hair needs a lot of gel and has to be weighed down. In order for my hair to stay and hold a curl, my hair needs a lot of gel. I've learned this through trial and error. I need a good amount of UFD and water for my base and enough gel on top of it. To top it off I can use Trepadora or the ICH.. but I don't need as much. These are the smoothers. My cast is stiff hard the first two days. It helps if I work out and sweat that loosens it up nicely as opposed to stretching it with the blow dryer. If anything, I will quickly blow dry the roots after I work out to dry some of the sweat.

If I don't use enough gel it will frizz faster and turn more into a fro quickly. I need lots of gel and smoothing.

Have any of you done twist outs since starting this journey? I bought a bottle of mousse def and said I'll do one for the heck of it. The few times I've done twist outs since this, I see I prefer how my hair looks in a wash n go. What I do like about my twist out is my hair is more stretched and flexible so I'm able to pull it back in a small low ponytail.

I just read the posts on Hydra bar vs the As.
Interesting.
I do notice the difference in the wash n go's. Hydrabar's are more shiny and defined/curly looking.
I absolutely LOVE UFD tho. I don't think you'd be able to pry it from my hands. My hair is shiny, wet and defined when I apply it. Since using these products my hair does not have a film at all when washing it. If I didn't just buy a large 32oz of UFD during their sale I would go buy the Hello Curly one to compare :lol:

So glad there are more stylists becoming interested in doing curly hair and spreading knowledge.

What moisturizing shampoo are ya'll using?
I down to my last of Elucence moisture balance and I'm looking for something very similar. Sad they went out of business. I've been using their shampoos for years. I could Innersense color awakening but it doesn't give me the same feel at all. I use AG Balance as my all purpose and I love that, but if I wash my hair more frequently I like to have also a moisturizing poo on hand.

I down to my last of Elucence moisture balance and I'm looking for something very similar. Sad they went out of business. I've been using their shampoos for years. I could Innersense color awakening but it doesn't give me the same feel at all. I use AG Balance as my all purpose and I love that, but if I wash my hair more frequently I like to have also a moisturizing poo on hand.
They went out of business :shocked: Shoot! Now I have to go find a new shampoo.

I didn't like the Innersense. And I'm allergic to the AG Balance. Jessicurl Moisture shampoo is similar to the Elucence but not as nice. I hadn't planned on buying it but that's before I knew Elucence went out of business. I need to slide over to this beauty supply store around the corner to see if they have any on the shelves. :tantrum:

I ordered a hooded dryer for my wash and gos. I also want to start experimenting with more frequent cowashing and doing a WNG completely in the shower ala Anthony Dickey, and using a conditioner rather than a leave-in and gel. One of his videos says the right conditioner for you is the one that makes your hair feel the softest, so I'm on the hunt.

What conditioners do y'all like?
What dryer did you get?

I’ll get back to your question about the conditioners when I try more. I can tell you stay away from Cantu. LOL

@DVAntDany I love that you are sharing all this virtual salon info. Who knew there were so many.

I am going to take that tip to make sure my hair touches the back of my brush. I probably won’t brush with shampoo in my hair, but I’ll focus on more smoothing with conditioner.
I’m going to have to look for hydra bar on IG
I’m glad to contribute.

I have both the shampoo brush and the Felicia Leatherwood brush on the way. That’s a big difference between the two schools of thought also. I’ll show results with both when I get them.

I have a butt load of Mielle. So the P&H moisturizing shampoo is the only one I have. It won’t strip your hair like ever.

What? I was just reminiscing about them and was thinking about getting the shampoo and conditioner again. Welp. Guess I have to try out these new brands.

I’m glad to contribute.

I have both the shampoo brush and the Felicia Leatherwood brush on the way. That’s a big difference between the two schools of thought also. I’ll show results with both when I get them.
I have the Felicia Leatherwood, the Denman 9?, a tangle teezer and a Tangle Buster. I had 2 wet brushes but I think I got rid of them. I've yet to get a brush to do anything for my hair :lol: I rarely use them since my hair doesn't really tangle and they don't remove shed hairs :sad:

But I am going to try this shampoo brush. Perhaps with the short, closes bristles it will work better.

I just read the posts on Hydra bar vs the As.
Interesting.
I do notice the difference in the wash n go's. Hydrabar's are more shiny and defined/curly looking.
I absolutely LOVE UFD tho. I don't think you'd be able to pry it from my hands. My hair is shiny, wet and defined when I apply it. Since using these products my hair does not have a film at all when washing it. If I didn't just buy a large 32oz of UFD during their sale I would go buy the Hello Curly one to compare :lol:

So glad there are more stylists becoming interested in doing curly hair and spreading knowledge.
Not everyone dislikes the UFD who work at HydraBar. The owner just doesn’t. I think she is allergic to it in addition to the performance issues. There are a few people out there who seem to be allergic to it or sensitive to the smell that I’ve seen on YouTube also.

Thats great that you love it. It’s still a good product by most stylist standards. I was almost tempted to drive an hour just to get a bottle. I’m still tempted.

I have the Felicia Leatherwood, the Denman 9?, a tangle teezer and a Tangle Buster. I had 2 wet brushes but I think I got rid of them. I've yet to get a brush to do anything for my hair :lol: I rarely use them since my hair doesn't really tangle and they don't remove shed hairs :sad:

But I am going to try this shampoo brush. Perhaps with the short, closes bristles it will work better.
I’ve never had an issue with shed hair either and especially not now. My D9 is practically useless but my mom seems to be able to use it. So I’ve given it to her. It seemed to make my short hair frizzy. Maybe there is a technique to it that makes it work better. Longer and looser curls seem to like it better.

I use to use it to blow dry my hair straight. I had really good results to the point it almost didn’t look like I needed to use a flat iron. So I will give that brush it’s props. It’s just not good for my hair now.

I think the proof is in the pudding. I’ll post the video of what made me finally decide to go ahead and join HydraBar. Look how gentle she is gliding through this lady’s hair. The A’s look so rough dealing with heads in comparison.

Here is today’s WnG results. In person my hair looks like plastic and really shiny. Outdoor pics don’t look like what I see nor what anyone else sees. My 3 year old niece asked me what did I do to my hair. She couldn’t really give me her thoughts on it when pressed for answers, but she would be the first to tell me if she thought it looked ugly. She would tell me even if I didn’t ask. :lol:

I can say that this foam is not meant to be used on wet hair. Every time I do, I can see built up super shiny suds that dry. The directions say to use on dry hair. In certain light you can see a almost plastic like coating on my hair, but it’s super soft and shiny. It maybe cut down 2 hours of dry time but still took forever. I’m not sure if I like it.

The actual styling of my hair too like 2 mins. I just raked it in when I went through sections. It formed big clumps instead of tiny little spirals. I really need those alligator clips to come in the mail.

Also, have any of you all tried a fogless shower mirror? I’m thinking about getting one so I can do this saturation thing properly.

Ok, here are the results.

I’ve never had an issue with shed hair either and especially not now. My D9 is practically useless but my mom seems to be able to use it. So I’ve given it to her. It seemed to make my short hair frizzy. Maybe there is a technique to it that makes it work better. Longer and looser curls seem to like it better.

I use to use it to blow dry my hair straight. I had really good results to the point it almost didn’t look like I needed to use a flat iron. So I will give that brush it’s props. It’s just not good for my hair now.

I think the proof is in the pudding. I’ll post the video of what made me finally decide to go ahead and join HydraBar. Look how gentle she is gliding through this lady’s hair. The A’s look so rough dealing with heads in comparison.

Thanks for sharing that. My stylist is really gentle as well. She just does her thing and before I know it she is saying its time to go under the dryer :shocked: I usually have missed the entire CCS running my mouth. I need to pay attention to the brush she uses. She finger combs mostly.

I love the cut and how it looks dry. So much volume which makes it look longer than it is.

I noticed how she separated the curls. A nice idea but I don't have the patience. What I found interesting is how she draped that styling coat over the dryer. First time I have seen that. I may try something like that over mine to see if it helps my hair dry faster.

I saw something else too but I have forgotten now.

But I saw how she is using the brush. Was good to see it.

Here is today’s WnG results. In person my hair looks like plastic and really shiny. Outdoor pics don’t look like what I see nor what anyone else sees. My 3 year old niece asked me what did I do to my hair. She couldn’t really give me her thoughts on it when pressed for answers, but she would be the first to tell me if she thought it looked ugly. She would tell me even if I didn’t ask. :lol:

I can say that this foam is not meant to be used on wet hair. Every time I do, I can see built up super shiny suds that dry. The directions say to use on dry hair. In certain light you can see a almost plastic like coating on my hair, but it’s super soft and shiny. It maybe cut down 2 hours of dry time but still took forever. I’m not sure if I like it.

The actual styling of my hair too like 2 mins. I just raked it in when I went through sections. It formed big clumps instead of tiny little spirals. I really need those alligator clips to come in the mail.

Also, have any of you all tried a fogless shower mirror? I’m thinking about getting one so I can do this saturation thing properly.

Ok, here are the results.

With your curl size, I think your hair is always going to look good to me no matter what you do :lol:

I have a regular mirror in the shower and I bought fog free spray. I didn't find a fog-free mirror that was the size I wanted.

I have a small travel size bottle of ICV. I washed my hair and used UFD and ICH. Then at the end I applied ICV all over and sorta smoothed it in everywhere. I like it, it gives my wash n go more elongation and shine. It smoothes really nicely over ICH.

My main observation with my hair since starting this wash n go journey is that my hair needs a lot of gel and has to be weighed down. In order for my hair to stay and hold a curl, my hair needs a lot of gel. I've learned this through trial and error. I need a good amount of UFD and water for my base and enough gel on top of it. To top it off I can use Trepadora or the ICH.. but I don't need as much. These are the smoothers. My cast is stiff hard the first two days. It helps if I work out and sweat that loosens it up nicely as opposed to stretching it with the blow dryer. If anything, I will quickly blow dry the roots after I work out to dry some of the sweat.

If I don't use enough gel it will frizz faster and turn more into a fro quickly. I need lots of gel and smoothing.

Have any of you done twist outs since starting this journey? I bought a bottle of mousse def and said I'll do one for the heck of it. The few times I've done twist outs since this, I see I prefer how my hair looks in a wash n go. What I do like about my twist out is my hair is more stretched and flexible so I'm able to pull it back in a small low ponytail.
What’s the biggest differences between Trepadora, I Create Hold and I Create Volume? I’m glad to know that they come in travel size to try out.

With your curl size, I think your hair is always going to look good to me no matter what you do :lol:

I have a regular mirror in the shower and I bought fog free spray. I didn't find a fog-free mirror that was the size I wanted.
Well, I’m just getting use to this hair too. I don’t really know. I guess 3c/4a.

I had a mix of 4a and 4c hair. Legitimate pens springs. I tried so hard to make my curls look large and big that I constantly weighed them down with the heaviest layers of gel. So my hair would look like tiny S’s with all the product but would shrink to my head without any.

Im going to post this pic. This was like a year after having locs. Look at what the remainder of my loose ends looked like. I was half way freeforming. For the 1st 6 month people kept saying your curls are so pretty because all my 2 strand twist came undone almost to the roots.

They went out of business :shocked: Shoot! Now I have to go find a new shampoo.

I didn't like the Innersense. And I'm allergic to the AG Balance. Jessicurl Moisture shampoo is similar to the Elucence but not as nice. I hadn't planned on buying it but that's before I knew Elucence went out of business. I need to slide over to this beauty supply store around the corner to see if they have any on the shelves. :tantrum:
Yesssss, I noticed earlier last year it was hard to find. Then I heard the A's mention them going out of business. I really like their shampoos. It also makes me very nostalgic b/c I been using Elucence since my younger days on this forum. I remember young Britt buying Elucence and using it on my relaxed hair, I'm a little saddened by this :cry:

Yesssss, I noticed earlier last year it was hard to find. Then I heard the A's mention them going out of business. I really like their shampoos. It also makes me very nostalgic b/c I been using Elucence since my younger days on this forum. I remember young Britt buying Elucence and using it on my relaxed hair, I'm a little saddened by this :cry:
I’m so sad too. This was my first proper shampoo when I first big chopped. I too found out about it here.

My first shampoo was black soap from Madina which I also think I found out from here. Just checked and they are still in business.

What’s the biggest differences between Trepadora, I Create Hold and I Create Volume? I’m glad to know that they come in travel size to try out.
Trepadora is lighter in texture but great for smoothing and humidity. It also gives an added shine on top of UFD and/or ICH.

ICH is the heavy gel that comes in and smoothes and weighs down the hair after UFD is applied.

ICV is like a light liquid serum type gel. It has hold and gives me elongation a bit with my curls than if I just used UFD and ICH solo.

The Trepadora I'm saving more for warmer weather and it's humid out. I can

Honestly, judging from your pics, please don't go out and buy all these gels. I would love cheaper alternatives. I agree with @faithVA you might not need much. I have a hair buddy whose hair looks similarish to mine in curl size but her texture is a lot silkier all over, she uses UFD alone and gets great 1 week wash n go's.

Well, I’m just getting use to this hair too. I don’t really know. I guess 3c/4a.

I had a mix of 4a and 4c hair. Legitimate pens springs. I tried so hard to make my curls look large and big that I constantly weighed them down with the heaviest layers of gel. So my hair would look like tiny S’s with all the product but would shrink to my head without any.

Im going to post this pic. This was like a year after having locs. Look at what the remainder of my loose ends looked like. I was half way freeforming. For the 1st 6 month people kept saying your curls are so pretty because all my 2 strand twist came undone almost to the roots.

Girl like anyone can see your head with that big ol snake around your neck :rofl:

Back