WARM HUMID WEATHER = HAIR GROWTH

CHECKMATE!

...atleast in my case!...it just seems like everytime its warm & humid outside I can feel the "creepy crawlies" on my scalp...since I took notice of this phenomenon,I started spraying ONLY my scalp with a mixture of water,Alter Ego Cren & Jojoba oil in the evening (been having a heat wave in NY so I do morning as well)...the same thing...I feel GROWTH!

Have any of u ladies experienced this?

I share this same theory, and my hair grows faster in the summer. I'm not really sure whether or not it's true, but I sense a tingle in my scalp.

I agree, here's why. I moved from to a more humid climate a few years ago and one of the things I noticed was, black women in general had longer hair here. I didn't attribute it to the climate until later. I think alot of it is the humidity moisturizes the hair continuously. I know I dont need heavy skin moisturizers like I did when I lived in the dry climate.

I noticed this to with me, it has been extremely humid in my area and my hair is growing like crazy. I trimmed about 1.5 to 2 inches over a month ago and my hair is now a little longer than before I trimmed.

I don' t know. At first I thought my hair was growing slowly but apparently it hasn't. I trimmed my hair at the end of June and it's already grown back and then some(not much though). I think it has to do with me washing my hair more frequently though as opposed to the warm weather. But you never know, it very well could be the warm weather. Whatever it is, I'm pleased.

...atleast in my case!...it just seems like everytime its warm & humid outside I can feel the "creepy crawlies" on my scalp...since I took notice of this phenomenon,I started spraying ONLY my scalp with a mixture of water,Alter Ego Cren & Jojoba oil in the evening (been having a heat wave in NY so I do morning as well)...the same thing...I feel GROWTH!

I know that my hair likes humid weather and yes I think it grows fastly then!

I agree whenever im in JA or Fla my hair grows extremerly fast, and i don't ever need as much product as when im over here.:rolleyes:

My scalp has also been feeling like yours and I've been getting tremendous growth. It's been extremely humid here. I also dusted off that bottle of Cren that I hated before and it's been doing wonders for my scalp and hair, so much so, I purchased another bottle.

I agree, here's why. I moved from to a more humid climate a few years ago and one of the things I noticed was, black women in general had longer hair here. I didn't attribute it to the climate until later. I think alot of it is the humidity moisturizes the hair continuously. I know I dont need heavy skin moisturizers like I did when I lived in the dry climate.

So true....I rarely moisturize my skin when visit Miami or Houston...And hair was moist all day!...I did not have 2 use any moisturizer 4 my hair & skin,hut here in NY is a totally different story,we normally experience dry heat summers.

I noticed this to with me, it has been extremely humid in my area and my hair is growing like crazy. I trimmed about 1.5 to 2 inches over a month ago and my hair is now a little longer than before I trimmed.

Same here! We've been having a heat wave,mixed with thunderstorms, in NYC for the past 2wks...can u say "hella humidity"...I would get a dominican wash & set...the next day...I'm looking like a wind banjee...so I stopped fighting against it,& now I'm keeping my hair in a loose bun to take advantage of all this beautiful optimal "hair growth" weather :)

I agree whenever im in JA or Fla my hair grows extremerly fast, and i don't ever need as much product as when im over here.:rolleyes:

So true....Miami does this 2 me...it stays humid there,and my hair grows like crazy from it...2bad NY doesn't have that climate,I would have reached BSL a year ago...

My girlfriend experienced SIGNIFICANT hair growth when she moved from Philly to Houston.

Ok,Philly has the same seasonal weather as NY....freezing almost year round..almost impossible to get growth in the winter without keeping your head covered 90% of the time....shoot I might be moving south too :)

My scalp has also been feeling like yours and I've been getting tremendous growth. It's been extremely humid here. I also dusted off that bottle of Cren that I hated before and it's been doing wonders for my scalp and hair, so much so, I purchased another bottle.

ok,yeah u r in the Tri-state so u know the weather has been real "tropical"...I never used the Cren much until lately...it seemed like an extra "stuff" 2 put in my hair at the salon...I haven't used it in about a year but I like it now in my spray bottle for scalp treatments. :)...Joyous how long is your hair now? APL,BSL?

Hmmm....it's been raining here for the past couple of days and the air is really THICK! Maybe I should hang outside for a little bit:eyebrows2

It's funny. I was just talking to my best friend about this last night. She lives in the Virgin Islands and claims that something about the weather grows & thickens people's hair. She, personally, has always had staunted hair growth. TRUST ME! We've been B.Fs for 11years now and her hair has NEVER been past her chin and it always dead looking & thin. She's been in the Virgin Islands for almost a year & her hair is incredible - thickness, shine & length. Babe's hair is approaching her shoulders. She says two of her friends claim their hair thickened & grew out since they'd been in the Islands...HMM
:rolleyes:

Not sure if I buy it! Weather doesnt grow ur hair. I think a simple explanation is because they dont live in a cold, dry weather anymore, their hair doesnt break as often so they're retaining more length :yep:

ok,yeah u r in the Tri-state so u know the weather has been real "tropical"...I never used the Cren much until lately...it seemed like an extra "stuff" 2 put in my hair at the salon...I haven't used it in about a year but I like it now in my spray bottle for scalp treatments. :)...Joyous how long is your hair now? APL,BSL?

My hair is about 4 inches from waistlength. It's been tough trying to get those last few inches but I think I'm going to make it by the end of the Hide Your Hair Challenge because I'm getting such good growth. As long as I don't have to do a major trim or have a setback I should be fine.

Well, it's a 100 plus here along with humidity. My hair should be at my butt by the end of the week since the rest of the wk is forecast in the 100's. WHEW!

This is definitely true... I received an inch of new growth in about 3 weeks. Also everytime I wash my hair it seems longer.. I dont know what it is but I am happy.. At this rate I will be BSL before my goal date.

bumping....because I notice that my hair is growing rapidly during the winter as well...I've been spaying water/cinnamon essence/Alter ego Cren on my scalp at night....the creepie crawlies (ie. growing of my hair) starts about an hour after I do so....I conclude, a moist scalp DOES contribute to faster hair growth....:rolleyes::look:

It's not necessarily warm weather that helps hair grow faster.

Blood circulation in the scalp stimulates hair growth. People tend to be more active in the spring and summer months and the body produces more hormones, having to work harder (sweat) in order to cool down. This increased blood circulation causes the hair and nails to grow faster. Studies have proven this.

When I find one, I'll post it, or you can do some research as well.

Working out regularly and pregnancy both cause the same kind of hair and nail growth spurts because of increased hormone production and blood circulation.

That's why women who aren't pregnant and taking prenatal vitamins for hair growth might as well take a multi vitamin or a hair and nail vitamin. Pregnant women get faster hair growth because of their hormones, not the vitamin.

I'm a Newbie, by the way. I've been lurking for some months and finally decided to post!

ETA: This is also why frequent scalp massages promote hair growth, but ya'll already knew that, lol!!:grin:

Last edited:
It's not necessarily warm weather that helps hair grow faster.

Blood circulation in the scalp stimulates hair growth. People tend to be more active in the spring and summer months and the body produces more hormones, having to work harder (sweat) in order to cool down. This increased blood circulation causes the hair and nails to grow faster. Studies have proven this.

When I find one, I'll post it, or you can do some research as well.

Working out regularly and pregnancy both cause the same kind of hair and nail growth spurts because of increased hormone production and blood circulation.

That's why women who aren't pregnant and taking prenatal vitamins for hair growth might as well take a multi vitamin or a hair and nail vitamin. Pregnant women get faster hair growth because of their hormones, not the vitamin.

I'm a Newbie, by the way. I've been lurking for some months and finally decided to post!

ETA: This is also why frequent scalp massages promote hair growth, but ya'll already knew that, lol!!:grin:

i beg to differ,since warm humid weather (water in the air) keeps the scalp moisturized,therefore creating a great environment for hair growth:yep:

I think this is why my hair thrives in the Caribbean. Our hair is adapted to a naturally humid environment. This is why some other ladies and I have gone the way of steam treatments.:lick:
ETA: I think the humidity keeps the hair moisturized, allowing it to retain it's length
Lys

Last edited:
:lol:

I always say it's the African in me showing. If you think about it, as moisture-loving as our hair is, humidity is a DREAM - constant, constant moisture in the air, just loving on and soaking into our hair.

I know that my hair grows faster in the summer. Whether it's the additional blood flow (cuz I'm a very scant sweater) because of the heat bringing more nutrients to my scalp, or what - but I get more 'roots' in the summer than I do in winter. I'm sure the all day erry day steam treatments help, too - but that's only the ends, there - unless the humidity does something lovely to the scalp, too....

Back