Wait on the Lord - Psalm 27:14

phynestone

The devil used someone to deceive me. I feel bad, because if I was stronger in the Lord, I would have been able to recognize the tricks Satan was using through this individual. As I continued to go through my "grieving" period, a fellow sister in Christ told me to meditate on Psalms 27. The last verse really stuck out to me "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

What does it mean to "wait on the Lord." Not to take matters into your own hands and get back at the person? I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question after all these years I've been in the church, but I don't know. And I don't want to make anymore mistakes.

Thank you so much for this post. It is exactly what I needed to hear at this exact moment. God Bless you for your obedience in post this, it really helped me at this very moment!!!!!!

It means to keep going on. To not be weary with doing the good that God would have you do. Don't try to make or force anything to happen. Know that everything will work out for you because you love God and He loves you without condition. Wait on God, praise Him and know that He will lift the burden and those angry feelings as you move on.

It means to keep going on. To not be weary with doing the good that God would have you do. Don't try to make or force anything to happen. Know that everything will work out for you because you love God and He loves you without condition. Wait on God, praise Him and know that He will lift the burden and those angry feelings as you move on.
Your post blessed me this minute. THANK YOU!
:bighug:

The devil used someone to deceive me. I feel bad, because if I was stronger in the Lord, I would have been able to recognize the tricks Satan was using through this individual. As I continued to go through my "grieving" period, a fellow sister in Christ told me to meditate on Psalms 27. The last verse really stuck out to me "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

What does it mean to "wait on the Lord." Not to take matters into your own hands and get back at the person? I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question after all these years I've been in the church, but I don't know. And I don't want to make anymore mistakes.

You both blessed me with your posts THANK YOU!:yep:

Back