"Wait at least four hours to answer a guy's first text...

Lol...well, don't beat yourself up. Just do the rules next time! :lol:

Plus, texting him back in 10 min isn't so bad. Just try not to get in the habit of making texting the ONLY form of your communication w/him....if you're interested that is. :look:

It's OK I'm not beating myself up over this. :lol:

All of these "rules" just seem too calculated for my tastes. If I am out and about I definitely don't put that on hold to send messages all night to a guy. I know too many people like this.

I text when I can. All of this depends if I am busy or tired or just not in the mood. I have no problem telling a guy I am out/busy and will write later. Even if I am not I am never too available. However I just don't see myself intentionally waiting 4 hours to respond to a message.

Agreed, I guess that is why they start off by telling women to keep busy! It's so much easier to do The Rules when you have a healthy social life. When I'm super busy, I do The Rules naturally.

EXACTLY!! :yep:

It's always better when you're NATURALLY busy. :yep: Or....naturally DISinterested...lol...:look:

For some reason, I ALWAYS tend to get the guys who will climb over mountains for me when I'm NOT interested! :wallbash: I've tried dating guys I wasn't all that into before, and while I DID enjoy the constant attention, SOMETHING was just missing! :nono: I really want something MUTUAL for the first time in my life, and I don't want to just settle for some guy who is into me but I'm not into him in the least. :hand:

I can deal w/a guy who loves me more than I love him...in fact, I PREFER that honestly...:look:, but I can't deal with dating a guy "just because" he's interested. :perplexed

I know it's "The Rules" at work here lol.... :lachen: If I were fawning all over these guys, they probably wouldn't even be as interested lol.

Those who love and embrace their curls go the extra mile to find good products that work with their curls--but down here WW are straight hair obsessed and naturally curly hair is seen as a burden. They'll use products that dry out their hair and leave it frizzy. I have a good friend right now with natural curls who will not get her hair layered and refuses to take my advice on how to care for her hair. It just sits there at one length at her collarbone--looks like a mushroom. There aren't many Shakira, Taylor Swift, Vision of Love Mariah Carey early-SATC Carrie Bradshaw, AnnaLynn McCord-type curly white women around here.

Ohhhh...I see. :yep: Yeah, some of have mastered their curls, and others well.....haven't. :ohwell: Is it any wonder?? We live in a society that is OBSESSED w/straight hair!! :wallbash:

I found it so funny because my mom has a girl friend of hers who has a son in college, and one day she brought over her curls unleashed products to her house, and my mom's friend (she's white) wanted to try the hair gel thinking that it would make her hair curly....but it just left her hair feeling greasy lol. :lol:

But what was so funny and so cute was that her SON used my mom's Curls unleashed shampoo and he raved over it! He was like: "Oh man, this shampoo is so awesome! Can I keep it??" :lol: :lachen: He's probably used to shampoos that probably strip his hair (which is of course made for white people's hair), but because OUR products tend to try keep a little moisture in the hair he said that he LOVED the way it made his hair look and feel. :yep: He has Type 2 wavy hair down to his shoulders. :giggle:

This rule only applies to men you have just met before they've asked you out on a few dates. Say you met a man at an event and the two of you exchanged numbers. From that point on, texting should be kept at a minimum until he starts securing dates. As radical as it sounds, this is how courtship has played out for a very long time. There were not quick and convenient ways to communicate outside of physical meetings and an evening phone call once he was sure you were home. It is assumed that at a certain age, you have a fairly busy life and trying to hurry up and text between client meetings or while in the middle of happy hour margaritas with the girls just isn't convenient. If you want to talk politics, work, family life, etc... take me out to dinner this weekend. Obviously, this rule would not apply to an exclusive boyfriend.

Exactly! He should be calling first.

:lol:
I'm sure this only applies to white women seeking a particular type of white male--it is a "safe" option for them. Honestly, few white women look good with curly hair to me. Maybe it's the lack of proper cut/styling or something. Both of the authors are Jewish so it doesn't surprise me that "straighten your hair!" is in there. Black and multiracial women pull off non-straightened hair nicely.

Ummm as a natural I've been told to straighten my hair. I've been asked what are you doing with your hair. Hell my own man likes my hair straight vs curly, hanging vs in a ponytail and long vs short.

All these stupid books and their "rules"
Just a bunch of BS ... And must if the women who follow these so called rules still remain single.

Back