~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Doing my weekly wash but added an ayurvedic prepoo instead of the caramel (no bananas on hand) of cassia, hibiscus, coconut cream, sunflower oil and honey. Definitely a hit with only one con, its the messiest thing ever! How my hair feels post steam will determine if this becomes a bi-weekly thing (sorry caramel....)

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Ojon Damage Reverse.
DC'd under heat cap for an hour with a mix of Bhringraj powder and Honey's Handmade Yucca Mango & Honey.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with As I Am Coconut, Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair, R/O with ACV & Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
LCOB'd with CON Strength & Shine, SM Yucca & Baobab, NJoy on scalp, Sarenzo Creamy Vanilla on length & Kyra Shea's Buttercream on ends.

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Ojon Damage Reverse.
DC'd under heat cap for an hour with a mix of Bhringraj powder and Honey's Handmade Yucca Mango & Honey.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with As I Am Coconut, Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair, R/O with ACV & Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
LCOB'd with CON Strength & Shine, SM Yucca & Baobab, NJoy on scalp, Sarenzo Creamy Vanilla on length & Kyra Shea's Buttercream on ends.
@trclemons How are you liking the Njoy oil? I'm thinking about purchasing

Ok here it is :flahssssss:

This is after a conditioner wash with no product in it at all and it's also in a little bit of a shrunken state. I still have to blend it. Do you think it will ever completely fill in? My hair is so thin I'm wondering if I have to stay at a certain length at times? I'm not sure but I what I can do it continue healthy hair practices and I don't think I will ever cut bangs or layers ever again, that's for sure!

Attachments

• 23 Oct 16 After 2 Inch Trim.jpg
    23 Oct 16 After 2 Inch Trim.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, KJ Naturals & Shea hot oils on length and Carol's Daughter Hair Balm on ends.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with Bobeam Buttercream.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
CW'd with As I Am Coconut.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
R/O with ACV and Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB with CON Strength and Shine, QB Cocoa Tree, NJoy on scalp, Keirenae Honey Dipped on length and Kyra Shea Buttercream on ends.

우와~ ㅋㅋㅋ 한국어 진짜 잘 하시네요 ! (그리고 고마워요 :love5: )

And nope, no relaxer. I'm a 4a/b natural with tiny spots of 3c. I've been natural for about six years now :afro: I just keep my hair stretched all the time with braidouts and roller sets (ryler stylers). I was thinking about posting my shrinkage recently because I thought the difference in length was cool. Might do it when I get home tonight

Just posting my 4b crown shrinkage. Also I'm going to be a straight hair natural for the winter I decided last week lol.:look: So I guess when I get back to wearing my hair naturally kinky and curly then I will update here again. (Because I want my hair to be waist length while in a stretched braid out, which I won't be doing this winter)

I posted a few pics in the straight hair natural hair thread, but I'll post one here for comparison (against my shrinkage photo)

Attachments

• IMG_6176.jpg
    IMG_6176.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6178.jpg
    IMG_6178.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6222.JPG
    IMG_6222.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Of the 3 conditioners I use I think aphoghee 2 minute is my favorite. I wonder what would happen if I used it every week? But I'm not going to go that far. I think I will drop the AO GPB since I've run out and I don't like the new formula. I will just alternate between aphoghee and Kenra.

Of the 3 conditioners I use I think aphoghee 2 minute is my favorite. I wonder what would happen if I used it every week? But I'm not going to go that far. I think I will drop the AO GPB since I've run out and I don't like the new formula. I will just alternate between aphoghee and Kenra.
I have fine hair, so I use a reconstructor every week without any problems. Aphogee 2 minute is one of the reconstructors I have on rotation.

Pre-poo'd cornrows overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with Texture My Way Shea Butter & Olive Oil for 1.5 hours under the heat cap.
CW'd with DNA Hydrating.
Rinsed Out with Blue Roze Strawberry ACV and Suave Shea & Almond Conditioner.
LCOB with Keirenae, BBB Sweet Milk, KJ MNatural's Tingly on scalp & HQ Coconut Mango on braids, and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.
Baggied, inverted and massaged for 4 minutes.

I've been bunning an old tension blow-dried twist out for the last week so I need to give my hair some TLC tonight.

I haven't measured in a while, but I guess it should be growing lol. I want to straighten it so a friend recommended the Dry Bar. I was skeptical at first because she has 3b/3c hair and I'm 4a, but she said her girl is really good. My colleague at work went to cosmetology school and she has offered to trim my hair for me. I think I'll get it all done during Thanksgiving week.

Prepoo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & KJ Naturals Grow It Oil.
DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with J. Monique's Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Mask.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle.
CW'd with As I Am Coconut.
R/O'd with Blue Roze Strawberry ACV & Suave Almond & Shea Butter.
LCOB'd with Kereinae, Quemet Biologics Cocoa Tree, KJ Natural's Tingly on scalp & Keravada Pumpkin Pie on length, and Alikay Shea Yogurt on ends.

Current Length: BSL

Ultimate Goal:
WL

Regimen:
Currently washing and D/C weekly, protective styling with twists and wigs.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
around 5-6 inches, I'm tall (5'10)

Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) Natural

Tips/Tricks: Moisture is my friend, as well as leaving my hair alone.
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: I put highlights in my hair last year which look really pretty when straightened. However, it's so porous now that it's hard to retain moisture when curly. I was also lax in my regimen. So now I've decided to cut back on the heat, deep treat weekly and figure out the best moisturizer for my hair.

I will come back an add a starting pic.

Washed and dc yesterday. I made the mistake of washing my hair loose instead of sections.
Had some breakage from detangling my severely matted hair.
It was bad y'all, but I refuse to let this set me back. Took me all day to detangle and whip her back to good shape, and she looks longer:bud:
I use the Loc method and twisted each section. I will probably rock these chunky twists in a bun unto next week.

Back