Waist Length 2014

Checking in! I know my hair has grown since I last measured it (profile pic) but I don't want to measure it right now because I will continue to obsess over growth. But yeah I may measure in another month or so. I'm going to be wiggling it up for a while I think to keep my hands out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hey ladies,
I'm also going to casually sort of join this challenge. The reason I say casually is just because this year i'm finishing my degree and have a lot of exams etc. So I may disappear for long periods of time.

I'm currently MBL and have about 4-5 inches till WL, so I'm hoping to be there by summer 2014 :)

Currently trying out some heatless styles. I normally wear my hair straight but i'm going to try out twist outs and braid outs :)

Ultimate Goal: Classic length
Regimen: Wash every 2 weeks, Co-wash every week, Oil massage once a week, LOC method.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: maybe 4 or 5
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) doesn't matter to me, I love it all... Natural
Tips/Tricks: None
Issues or difficulties you're having: None that I know of.

I'm in the 2015 WL challenge, but I may be able to make it by end of 2014 if I stop playing.
I just did a trim. Here is my January official length check and starting pick for 2014.

Attachments

• 20140103lengthcheck.jpg
    20140103lengthcheck.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 142
Here's how I've been wearing my hair...twist out on flat ironed almost reverted hair.

ForumRunner_20140104_172021.jpg

ForumRunner_20140104_172037.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Tried my hand at highlights..

image-2722369372.jpg

Not the color I was aiming for, but it'll do. Still got the 'change' I wanted.

I am hoping to finally make waist length this year after going back to my original regimen. I will be subscribing to this thread.

So I have been mainly lurking since the last time I was on here was after a trip to a salon for a press and the stylist cut more than I anticipated. Been maintaining my regimen, even though I've postponed any shampoo since this crazy freeze has my hair super dry. I've been cowashing the past two weeks. Contemplating going to get a sew-in for my birthday and keeping that up for 3 months. Chicago this winter has been very cruel and I'm trying to avoid a bad ends situation. Probably will do a mid-week doc and HOT to make sure my hair isn't drying out while I figure out what's my next ps

So ummmmm yeah. These are the check in dates from the original post:

January 1, 2014
May 1, 2014
September, 1, 2014
January 1, 2015
May 1, 2015
September 1, 2014
December 31, 2014

I'm going to assume they are wrong since they are a tad backwards and the challenge ends in 2014 not 2015? :lachen: Personally, I'll post length checks around the following dates when I'm sure I'll be getting a bone straight professional press and it will be true to length.

March 2014
Aug 2014
Dec 2014

Other then that: still doing my normal regimen of steaming, co-cleansing and roller setting weekly. :lick: HOPE to stop being a lazy bone and get this Aphogee 2 step protein treatment IN before the month is OUT. :yep:

I'm growing hard or going home. I just applied NJoy's sulfur oil and under a baggy right now. I'm also gonna keep my braids in for at least four weeks (own hair). I wanna see if super low manipulation will help. Also taking Priteva. These are the changes I'm making to reach WL in 2014. I'mma retain six inches by the end of this year. 3 inches by May...3 inches by December. :yep:

protective style possibly till march

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962729000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962729000.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 80
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1388959028000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388959028000.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 81
  • KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962589000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1388962589000.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 81
Hi ladies,

I decided to flat iron my hair, I haven't flat ironed my hair myself in over a year. I used curlformers first and then flat ironed afterwards. I tried using some different techniques this time including using the comb chase method. I also trimmed my hair about 1 to .5 inches on all sides.

Attachments

• flat iron 1.jpg
    flat iron 1.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 167
  • flat iron 2.jpg
    flat iron 2.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 196
  • flat iron 3 (2).jpg
    flat iron 3 (2).jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 172
Hi ladies, I decided to flat iron my hair, I haven't flat ironed my hair myself in over a year. I used curlformers first and then flat ironed afterwards. I tried using some different techniques this time including using the comb chase method. I also trimmed my hair about 1 to .5 inches on all sides.

Beyond gorgeous hair. So thick and luscious!!! You look like you are well on your way to WL!

NGraceO

Part of me wonders if I can really get this six inches this year. I think I'm a slow grower. Hopefully with my strict regimen, I can be at least grazing. I would honestly not mind 2 inches away from WL in December. :look:

So I've been mainly bunning lately while I procrastinate on another protective style and I've noticed I've started getting some breakage at the spot I put my buns near the middle of my head. Any ideas how to prevent that?? Side note I think the bunning had been doing wonders on the rest of my length, gained back the length they cut at the salon so I'm very happy abt that. It's been only a little over a month I think

So I've been mainly bunning lately while I procrastinate on another protective style and I've noticed I've started getting some breakage at the spot I put my buns near the middle of my head. Any ideas how to prevent that?? Side note I think the bunning had been doing wonders on the rest of my length, gained back the length they cut at the salon so I'm very happy abt that. It's been only a little over a month I think

Do you switch the position of your bun? JosieLynn?

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Do you switch the position of your bun? JosieLynn? Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4
not really, which I know is probably why, but I don't like low buns at all. I think they make me look bald lol. I was hoping someone had another suggestion. I think I'm going to go back to flat twisted updos for awhile if not though

Today was wash day. I've been in braids with my own hair for two weeks now. Noticed a bit of breakage at the ends of my braids, so I did a light/medium protein dc with Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion. Love this stuff. I cowashed, DCed, applied moisturizer and sealed. I will leave them in another two weeks. My scalp feels good...nice and clean.

I've been applying NJoy's sulfur growth oil after a few months break. Also been taking Priteva vitamins for a month now. I hope to be MBL (about 3 more inches) by June.

My hair is doing well. Did an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment Thursday and my hair has been resting in 2 Goddess braids since then. Before I did the braids, I used some Hairveda 24/7 conditioner as a leave in. Daily I've just been spritzing with water to re-activate the conditioner. Today or tomorrow I'll make a mix of the 24/7 conditioner, coconut oil and water...spray it on my braids and sit under my steamer.

When I did the Aphogee 2 step treatment, it got into my eyes and I thought I was going to pass out. I also had a little sore on my forehead from messing with a pimple and it burned that open wound so bad. This was the worse 2 step treatment that I've done in years...it was great for my hair though. lol It was so soft after I rinsed it out yet felt so strong at the same time. Don't know when/if I'll do that mess again though...it left a sista shell shocked!

Last edited:
Back