Waist Length 2014

How are you feeling? Hope everything is going well.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks for asking Saludable84. I have no pain, so I'm grateful for that. I have just been drinking Muscle Milk, Ensure, and eating yogurt and pudding. :ohwell: I did eat some plain vanilla ice cream and the innards of pumpkin pie for desert. :yawn:

Luckily I don't have to go to work till Thursday. Then next week I have the week off.

Thanks for asking Saludable84. I have no pain, so I'm grateful for that. I have just been drinking Muscle Milk, Ensure, and eating yogurt and pudding. :ohwell: I did eat some plain vanilla ice cream and the innards of pumpkin pie for desert. :yawn: Luckily I don't have to go to work till Thursday. Then next week I have the week off.

Soft diets are the best. Desserts fit very well in soft diets :yep:

I'm in, too!
My goal is thick, healthy waist length hair.
I bun daily.
I m&s nightly, pre-poo, co-wash & deep condition weekly. I have been using growth aides 3x/wk. I also take hairfinity & MSM twice daily.
I am relaxed & I think I have 7 inches to go before I reach waist length.

Last edited:
Ultimate Goal: Waist Length!! But really, I wanna cover my boobs. :look:

Regimen: 10-12 week stretches, rollersets, minimal heat, LOCS

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 4-5 in... I think. :lol:

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed

Issues or difficulties you're having: Being patient with detangling

I'll come back with a starting picture next week.
:grin:

Joining rather than lurking
Goal: waist length.
Regimen: weekly shampoo and deep condition, roller sets, moisturize 5-6 times a week
Inches to waist length: 7, I think
Currently relaxed

Attachments

• image-2894839291.jpg
    image-2894839291.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 72
I am joining this one. Grow hair grow!!!

Ultimate Goal: Hip length
Regimen: Cowash 7-14 days, moisturize and seal, inversion method
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: In the back 7 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: I am currently natural
Tips/Tricks: I'm going to try the inversion method every month and baggy ends every few days.
Issues or difficulties you're having: keeping up with moisturizing

Attachments

• VideolengthCheck.jpg
    VideolengthCheck.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71
I plan to upload a starting pick next wash day! I am so excited for all the growth for everyone for both hair and other things this new year!!

I'm prepooing/dcing overnight with MYHC Oliveyou mixed with EVCO, EVOO, Keravada Fenugreek, Moroccan oil, and Bamboo Kendi oil under my Hair Therapy wrap. :lick:

Gonna blow dry and maybe lightly flat iron tomorrow.

Here are my end of year pictures. I cut from almost WL back to BSL to get rid of a lot of ssk's and frayed/split ends. I am currently 13". I am 2 inches away from MBL and 4 inches away from WL.

I am changing my regimen for next year to see if it affects my hair differently.

I will be wearing my twists for 1.5 weeks at a time with a twistout for the other .5 week.
I will be installing medium twists only. I have not decided whether I will braid the roots or not, but probably not since I won't be wearing the twists for long.

I will cowash/oil rinse/DC every 2 weeks with a shampooing every other month.
I will start back with taking my Vitamin B Complex supplement.

This regimen will begin in March since I am having braids installed the week after next.

These are my length check pics and what my hair looked like after the trim from the back.

Attachments

• 2013 End of Year Collage.jpg
    2013 End of Year Collage.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 12-24-13--3rd Ann FI and Process (1).jpg
    12-24-13--3rd Ann FI and Process (1).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 108
Trini_Chutney Nice. You're pretty much there and will be one of our early graduates come Spring. As for me...checking in about to do this overnight prepoo with EVCO/EVOO on the length and Keravada Fenugreek on my scalp. I started taking Priteva last week, so hopefully I get a boost by my birthday in March.

Thanks Froreal3! I'm concentrating on getting my ends in order.

Posted from my shower...while peeing...with the LHCF App

I could be WL one year from now... crazy. The goal doesn't even seem so far away anymore, but I know I've got to really be on top of my regemen this coming year if it's gonna happen.

Gonna watch a couple of my fav YouTube videos after work for a little inspiration.

Cracking down on diligence! LOL

Last edited:
Pics of my flat iron. It came out well. I could never be a straight hair natural...too time consuming and I like to use my products during my moisturize/seal routine.

ForumRunner_20131228_181326.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_181442.jpg

ETA: EnExitStageLeft I used the H2Pro :yep:
Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Last edited:
Beautiful!!!

Thank you TeeBee My bad quality phone photos don't even do the sleekness and shine any justice. :( It came out better than I thought it would.

Very nice!

Flat ironing is time consuming.

Girl, and you know this! :nono: Plus it's raining, so this ish aint even gonna last. :ohwell: But I wanted to try for my LC. If it starts to revert, I'll go ahead and put some of my trusty old twists in.

As for my little update.

I'm BSL again. I cut about inch off due to well....boredom. Long hair is cool, but I'm a style girl. I think thats why I love buns so much. I can style them anyway I want.

I'm still in this challenge, but now it looks like I won't be WL until Late August.

I'm going to buy some more cutting shears for my dusting sessions. I plan to dust every other month. My next dusting session will be late February and the next one in late April (which is my Birthday month). I also hope to hit MBL again by that time.

I dunno....we'll see :).

I will post pics of my hair tomorrow hopefully.

So I've been craving straight hair since I took my senegalese twists out however my regular stylist is STILL on freaking maternity leave and will be until late February. So I took the plunge, borrowed my step daughter's flat iron and did it myself. Surprisingly it went really well being that I haven't straightened my own hair in years! The results were ok..I sho nuff prefer my salon results to this and above else my roller sets to pressed/straight hair anyway. So nope, I'll continue to leave the heat up to my stylist. I was pincurling as I went so I'll see what it looks like tomorrow. I did a total of 5 pincurls.

Oh I rollerset first then flat ironed letting the pre-sectioned hair from the rollers be my guide. I did 2-3 passes on the roots and 1 on the length.

Last edited:
As for my little update.

I'm BSL again. I cut about inch off due to well....boredom. Long hair is cool, but I'm a style girl. I think thats why I love buns so much. I can style them anyway I want.

I'm still in this challenge, but now it looks like I won't be WL until Late August.

I'm going to buy some more cutting shears for my dusting sessions. I plan to dust every other month. My next dusting session will be late February and the next one in late April (which is my Birthday month). I also hope to hit MBL again by that time.

I dunno....we'll see :).

I will post pics of my hair tomorrow hopefully.

:bat: :spank: :nono:

Saludable84 You want to know something funny... As soon as I did it SO shook his head and said "Tasia is going to kill you"! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

You lucky I do not live in Georgia. You'd be hiding yourself behind your couch like :look: with the lights off because you know id be furious.

Ugh, if you like it, I love it, but I'm still furious. I almost cut my hair SL the other day, the only thing that stopped me was my hand touching my face really hard.

I'm sure it is still gorgeous!

Ok so hubby came home and wanted to head out for a movie so my pin curls had no chance of setting. Here are the results of my flat ironed, pin curled for about 30 minute hair. lol It's bouncy and light but I didn't get my roots as straight as I wanted. boo hoo

Last edited:
Pics of my flat iron. It came out well. I could never be a straight hair natural...too time consuming and I like to use my products during my moisturize/seal routine. ETA: EnExitStageLeft I used the H2Pro :yep: Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

I could be a straight hair natural as long as somebody else does all the work and just let me maintain at home. I can't commit to flat ironing my own hair.

Back