VO5 CONDITIONERS-REVIEW

Wolftrap

I've seen so many posts about you guys using the V05 line of conditioners. So I decided to try it yesterday for a conditioner wash. I used the Strawberries and Cream. I don't know if I like this one. My hair was still tangly and had no slip. I am almost 11 weeks post relaxer and maybe that has something to do with it. For those that have used it, are you natural or do you use it so far after a touch up? I think if I had a touch up it might have worked better. I think I will stick to my Garnier Fructis. IMO it worked better but the V05 is so cheap.

Also I've heard some of you guys say you would buy a lot of it if it went on sale. I got it for .69cents at Duane Reade drug store. How much cheaper can it get than that? What do you guys usually pay for it?

I use these conditioners as my condition wash. Got the same results as you did from the strawberry one. So I chose the pina coconut one and I think the kiwi one. I just grab any two when I see them they cost 99cent per bottle at the 99cent store. I would never leave this stuff on my hair longer than 5 mins. Sauve is cool too.

I love V05 conditioners, especially strawberries and cream...I get incredible slip when I use these conditioners. It was one of the things that allowed me to get 12 weeks post relaxer with minimum stress. I try a new one everytime I go to the store but I always go back to strawberries and cream.

I've tried the Sun-Kissed Raspberry, Pear Mango Passion, Pina Colada,Kiwi/Lime, and Strawberries-n-Cream. I liked all of them except for the Pear Mango Passion. It didn't do anything for my hair. My favorites are the Pina Colada, Kiwi Lime, and the all time favorite Strawberries and Cream.

I pretty much like all of them that I've tried, except those new blue ones (glacial, iceberg, or whatever they're called.) I don't like the fragrance once it's on my hair. Haven't seen the blueberry. I don't use the clarifying one. My favorite is the new product (oasis)..honey almond. It just might replace my Elucence Moisture Balancing.
shocked.gif
I've been using it for about a week. For ME, it is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

I just finished a co wash and I used V05 baslm and protein my hair came out soft and NO hair came out. I last washed my hair three days ago

My hair is natural and I've had varying results with some of the VO5 conditioners. I don't understand some of the results I've had. I've used them as regular conditioners, not conditoner washing which I don't do.

The Pina Colada left my hair stiff and kinda greasy. It's for dry hair and my hair has a tendency to get dry, especially in the winter. The Tangerine Tickle was great, just like the Cucumber Melon Crush and the Kiwi Lime Clarifying. My all-time favorite is the Kiwi Lime because the tangles literally roll out and my hair is like a sheet of silk. I don't know the reason for this except perhaps maybe the collagen in the product. Frankly, I wonder about that. But, I was really confused to be able to use a Clarifying conditioner (one really meant for those with oily hair).

Normally, I use the St. Ives Conditoners which are also made by Alberto-Culver, the VO5 folks. These are superior on my hair and come in large, large bottles.

You are doing well with the price you paid. The least I've paid is around .79 for that Kiwi Lime w/the free extra 33% and it was on sale at CVS.

~Jade~

I've had varying results with the V05 Conditioners, too. I've decided to just stick with the Strawberries n' Cream and occasionally the Creamy Peaches. The others do nothing for my hair. I have never tried the Kiwi Lime kind though.

I just started doing condtioner washes and I have the vo5
straberrries and cream and I really like it.
I cant wait to try some of others.

I really like the strawberries and cream and the tangerine. I'm transitioning and have about 2 inches of new growth and the strawberries n' cream work sfor me still.

I usually use the V05 conditioners for conditioner washes. I tried the Kiwi/Lime Clarifing Conditioner ...I'm in love
love.gif
. Great smell and it doesn't dry my hair. This is a keeper.
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
At this point I'm really to try another scent.

Smoothing Conditioner Strawberries & Cream from V05 has a strong scent when I put a little on my finger in the store. So I put it back. I am going to try it on my hair next time to see if in fact it is worth the purchase.
smile.gif

V05 Free Me Freesia Moisturizing Herbal Conditioner was interesting because the conditioner did its job. The scent, however, was overpowering for me.
barf.gif

In a financial pinch I would purchase this scent, again.

Herbal Conditioner Tangerine Tickle from V05 definintly has a tangerine smell. Something was different about this conditioner. I can't quite put my finger on it... After rinsing it out
bath2.gif
the the love affair was over. It became drying to my hair.
antlers.gif
This product I will not
naughty.gif
purchase again!

V05 Revitalizing Conditioner Creamy Fresh Peaches has a wonderful scent!!! After rinsing it out it left my hair in great condition. It didn't dry my hair at all. I'm in love
love.gif
This is also a keeper.

These are the one that I have yet to try out ...

Gentle Moisture Herbal Conditioner Blushin' Apple
Herbal Conditioner Sun Kissed Raspberry
Smoothing Conditioner Strawberries & Cream
Pear Mango Herbal Conditioner, for Dry, Color Treated, Permed Hair

I'm sure there are more... just can't find them all...

Back