Venting *very Long*

*lights up a newport one hunnit for dis one*

Guess what? He is jealous and insecure. Period. He is miserable because on the surface, he can see that it does not bother you, and this is why he does what he does, coupled with the fact that you have a new man in your life and it bothers him.

Success is the best revenge and that said, keep doing what you are doing. In fact, I would be more inclined to say hat since he can afford these luxurious trips (that she pays for), perhaps you should take him back and modify the child support since there appears to be a material change in circumstance.

Meanwhile, I would hysterically laugh in his face each time I saw him because he is miserable and very insecure. His time with her is short. Trust me on this one. No need for you to be angry because he travels. Start doing the same thing and do it well. I would be insulted to receive some damn sand and shells and a plastic tower from a trip. Chile puleez.....glad your son threw it in the trash.

This. All of it. The direction of his inquiries with regard to your current SO is quite telling. The fact that he asked what kind of car he drives is proof of his insecurity and the need to measure himself up against your SO, or any man that you'd seriously consider as a long-term mate. Plus, his SO may be a doctor who attended an Ivy League institution, but she's still a cheating, no-account, base born ho. IMO, it's not about worth, but ego and pretense in that they're both pretending to be something that they're not. They believe themselves to be worthy elitists, notwithstanding their flawed characters and decreased self-esteem, on account of her education and career, in addition to what he can buy and where he can travel. Let them skip around the globe living their fairy tale while you continue living in the real world. Besides, like the Sista mentioned above, his ability to floss should necessitate a child support modification.

This is oddly familiar, except she is a dentist and there are no kids involved.
He too is an insecure jerk and a social climber. They got married. He's miserable and they're broke.

It's obvious that he is comparing himself to your new boyfriend and trying to boost his own ego by sharing the credentials about his new girlfriend. The only reason to ask financial details about your new guy is for his own ego boost, not because he's worried the guy might hurt your son. The kind of car he drives is wholly unrelated to how he cares for your son.

@movingforward13
Graduating? Your ex brought back foreign currency and sand for a 17/18 year old boy?
I presumed a small child who he thought might be impressed by such bs.

Last edited:
In general men (or people) who concern themselves with material goods on that level turn me off anyway.

oh I might have missed that as well...I thought the son was a child. Yikes!

Last edited:
Wait. Your son is almost a hs grad?

Oh lord... that changes things a bit. You dont have years and years of coparenting ahead so dont need to suck it up and keep the peace so much.

I suggest some counceling to more cleanly emotionally divorce yourself from this fool and his fool antics.

OP may have to clarify. I don't know many 18 years olds talking about piggy banks. He needs a bank account.
And maybe this paragraph is confusing folks on the age "Like really? I was going to be alone until our son turned 18?"

I think she means a kindergarten graduation y'all. Or pre-k, or whatever they do for the young kids these days.

This is oddly familiar, except she is a dentist and there are no kids involved.
He too is an insecure jerk and a social climber. They got married. He's miserable and they're broke.

It's obvious that he is comparing himself to your new boyfriend and trying to boost his own ego by sharing the credentials about his new girlfriend. The only reason to ask financial details about your new guy is for his own ego boost, not because he's worried the guy might hurt your son. The kind of car he drives is wholly unrelated to how he cares for your son.

@movingforward13
Graduating? Your ex brought back foreign currency and sand for a 17/18 year old boy?
I presumed a small child who he thought might be impressed by such bs.
Wait. Your son is almost a hs grad?

Oh lord... that changes things a bit. You dont have years and years of coparenting ahead so dont need to suck it up and keep the peace so much.

I suggest some counceling to more cleanly emotionally divorce yourself from this fool and his fool antics.
OP may have to clarify. I don't know many 18 years olds talking about piggy banks. He needs a bank account.
And maybe this paragraph is confusing folks on the age "Like really? I was going to be alone until our son turned 18?"

I think she means a kindergarten graduation y'all. Or pre-k, or whatever they do for the young kids these days.
Right - my son is a 5- he graduated pre-K today. Ex contacted me yesterday to tell me he didn't think he was going to make it because he had to work. Last minute he showed up probably because he was going to feel guilty since he was able to schedule time out to go overseas but couldn't schedule a morning for his own flesh and blood. He was very mean while he was here. Son was happy to see him for a split second then started bawling when he thought he was going to leave with dad. A happy day turned awful. I am so happy to be away from that a$$hole.

My SO was on his way to come until ex showed up. Then I told him that he didn't need to come (it was a very long way from his job, etc.)- really I just don't want them meeting yet. That was probably why my ex showed up angry- might have thought my SO would have been there.

This is definitely NOT what I wanted for my son.

Anyhoo, congrats on your little ones graduation! Those are always so sweet and cute. :)
Thanks! I am so happy for him. He is ready to move on to Kindergarten. He already reads, adds, subtracts, and writes (albeit very messily).

Just reading about all of his antics and issues made my neck tense. SMH. An unhappy man trying to make sure you're unhappy, too.
And one would think he got exactly what he wanted so he would be the happiest guy on Earth. I guess the fantasy didn't play out exactly how he thought it would *shrugs*
Thank you ladies for all the advice and letting me vent without judgement. Sometimes it is best to get it out to help with the healing process.

Don't let that man ruffle your feathers. Be business like in how you deal with him cos he's obviously not ready to ack right. Don't allow him to bait you into arguments. Only discuss issues about your child. If possible keep communication in writing and save for future use (if necessary).

He has the right to give his kid gifts whether you feel some way about it. If you wanna be petty, have new boo take your son to the bank to exchange the Euro for dollars. Your son will DEFINITELY tell it and your ex's head will explode.

Back