Vaseline - Do you use it? LHCF Norm??

Do YOU use Vaseline?

• No

Votes: 177 74.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 60 25.3%

• Total voters

Tee

I have seen the Vaseline threads popping up lately and really am curious to see the stats of ladies using Vaseline on their hair.

Sometimes thread pop and and some might think it's a LHCF norm. I saw a quote that said something like Vaseline is the new in thing. I thought, hmmmm, it's not for me.

So ladies, has this become a norm???? Are you using Vaseline? What are your thoughts?

I tried sealing with it and it was just too thick and heavy for my relaxed strands. I also tried it on my two dd's, one 3c and one 4a. It was too much for the 3c, but the 4a sucked it right on up.

IDK if it'll become the norm for me though. It's too thick and annoying to deal with :perplexed

(BTW, Tee, I know I've said this a trillion times but your hair is just :drool: )

No.

Not because I think it is harmful or anything, its just like hair grease. I was under the impression that it clogs our pore/breakouts and really did nothing to moisturize and/or strengthen the hair and that is the reason why its a pass. This is why I don't use grease. I think coconut oil is just as solid and much better for the skin and hair.

I wonder when Pink Lotion will make a comeback.

Dont start none, wont be none.:nono: Dont give anybody any ideas.

Tee I tried it and it did seal well, but I looked like an oil slick hit my head.:lachen: Then I tired it on the ends only, attracts too much lint. I will stick with coconut and castor oil.

Tee I tried it and it did seal well, but I looked like an oil slick hit my head.:lachen: Then I tired it on the ends only, attracts too much lint. I will stick with coconut and castor oil.

After that revisiting the Jheri Curl thread.....anything is possible :lachen:

Thanks Tiffers.

No.

Not because I think it is harmful or anything, its just like hair grease. I was under the impression that it clogs our pore/breakouts and really did nothing to moisturize and/or strengthen the hair and that is the reason why its a pass. This is why I don't use grease. I think coconut oil is just as solid and much better for the skin and hair.

Please say never!
Wow. Please dont call it a comeback! I am still trying to get my mom out of one she has had for over 30 years. This is all she need.

Last edited:
I used it recently and I liked it on my hair. But I only wear my hair in a bun, so that's probably why. I washed, moisturized, sealed, baggied and it was still moist after a week.

This is why I will not use it on my hair. It attracts dirt and lint like a dangone magnet.

One time, a friend recommended I use it on my boots to make them shiny. After about an hour of walking around they looked like I had been stomping around in the dessert or on a beach or something... and I was indoors the whole time!!!:lachen:

This is why I will not use it on my hair. It attracts dirt and lint like a dangone magnet.

One time, a friend recommended I use it on my boots to make them shiny. After about an hour of walking around they looked like I had been stomping around in the dessert or on a beach or something... and I was indoors the whole time!!!:lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen: I can even picture this! :lachen::lachen:

I'm not a fan. I used it on my ends for a few days, and when I went to wash my hair was tub was so grimey. Ugh, I'll stick to my coconut oil and conditioner.

When I was a kid.. my mom used vaseline and hand nail lotion on my hair.. It was long and thick... but I made her stop because my cousins all said that I would have hands growing out of my head... LMAO!

But I wouldn't use it now.. Now I have a relaxer and I think that would weigh it down a bit too much. I like light oils.

I love it! My natural hair, while loosely textured, is very porous. A dollip of vaseline at the ends seals moisture in all day

I like the moisture I get but all of that is counteracted when I have to use tons of shampoo to wash it out of my hair :nono: I didnt use a lot either. So I no longer use it.

no, not for me. especially when there are so many natural alternatives that are more beneficial for your hair and skin -- like shea or avocado butter, jojoba, coconut, olive, red palm or castor oil. :grin:

no, not for me. especially when there are so many natural alternatives that are more beneficial for your hair and skin -- like shea or avocado butter, jojoba, coconut, olive, red palm or castor oil. :grin:
tk your hair is looking good! :up:

Back