Using growth aides for half a year or more.

C

cieramichele

1. For the women that have stuck it out for a long period of time and had great results, has your growth rate been consistent or did it go back to its normal rate?

2. Has anyone purposely used them on and off? If you ever took a break from it, what did you notice about your growth rate? Slowed? Leveled off?

3. Have you noticed more growth using it daily or did the normal "once a week" do the trick?

4. Have you seen great results and stopped? I know relaxers wouldnt want TOO much growth but for the transitioners, why did you stop after seeing good results?

Sorry for the interview but I think this will really help a lot of inquisitive minds. :look:

:bump: :bump:

I would like to know too - I've just started using a growth aid, and it seems fabulous - I'd love to know what caused ladies to stop, and see if I can avoid that issue.....

I don't think they are "out of style" but I do think there's more and more appreciation for somebody rocking their own hair without a weave.

I don't see many weaves around where I live. I can be in a restaurant and out of all the black women there, weaved hair are the minority.

But, then I go into Baltimore for work and I see women with weaves and ponytails and all kinds of fakeness about the head.

But, in my own world, I am with your husband. Weaves are last week. But, I do know that there are still people that rock the weaves long and strong.

I don't think they are "out of style" but I do think there's more and more appreciation for somebody rocking their own hair without a weave.

I don't see many weaves around where I live. I can be in a restaurant and out of all the black women there, weaved hair are the minority.

But, then I go into Baltimore for work and I see women with weaves and ponytails and all kinds of fakeness about the head.

But, in my own world, I am with your husband. Weaves are last week. But, I do know that there are still people that rock the weaves long and strong.

Um...huh? :ohwell:

1. For the women that have stuck it out for a long period of time and had great results, has your growth rate been consistent or did it go back to its normal rate? I have no idea what my normal growth rate is. I've used it since I began my hair journey last April.

2. Has anyone purposely used them on and off? If you ever took a break from it, what did you notice about your growth rate? Slowed? Leveled off? I took a break once...my scalp wasn't having it!! The most noticeable thing was a return to a dry tight scalp when I don;t use it.

3. Have you noticed more growth using it daily or did the normal "once a week" do the trick? I use as needed. Sometimes 1X/per day is enough...sometimes 2X.

4. Have you seen great results and stopped? I know relaxers wouldnt want TOO much growth but for the transitioners, why did you stop after seeing good results? I won't stop. This is how my scalp gets fed.

Sorry for the interview but I think this will really help a lot of inquisitive minds.
:look:

1. For the women that have stuck it out for a long period of time and had great results, has your growth rate been consistent or did it go back to its normal rate? I have no idea what my normal growth rate is. I've used it since I began my hair journey last April.

2. Has anyone purposely used them on and off? If you ever took a break from it, what did you notice about your growth rate? Slowed? Leveled off? I took a break once...my scalp wasn't having it!! The most noticeable thing was a return to a dry tight scalp when I don;t use it.

3. Have you noticed more growth using it daily or did the normal "once a week" do the trick? I use as needed. Sometimes 1X/per day is enough...sometimes 2X.

4. Have you seen great results and stopped? I know relaxers wouldnt want TOO much growth but for the transitioners, why did you stop after seeing good results? I won't stop. This is how my scalp gets fed.

Sorry for the interview but I think this will really help a lot of inquisitive minds. :look:

Maybe I missed it, what what growth aid did u use?

1. For the women that have stuck it out for a long period of time and had great results, has your growth rate been consistent or did it go back to its normal rate?
MTG- I got amazing results from this (pre-LHCF) I was applying in a full head weave, 1ce a day with a heatcap - I went from mid neck length to full shoulder lengther in 3 months (NO LIE). My growth went back to normal when I stopped

MN- I've used this off and on since last year June (?), my growth is consistently .5 (don't know my normal rate exactly) but it goes up to .75 when I tweak my reggie sometimes (or I'm inconsistent)

2. Has anyone purposely used them on and off? If you ever took a break from it, what did you notice about your growth rate? Slowed? Leveled off?
Not purposely just plain laziness or travelling so inconvenient - and yes my growth seemed to slow...

3. Have you noticed more growth using it daily or did the normal "once a week" do the trick?

Daily does it for me infact when I used MTG twice a day I got amazing growth

4. Have you seen great results and stopped? I know relaxers wouldnt want TOO much growth but for the transitioners, why did you stop after seeing good results?

MTG laziness, greasiness and smelliness

MN I'm still using this

Maybe I missed it, what what growth aid did u use?

I've been using an essential/carrier oil combo that i've been calling "The Hay Study Oils" It makes an appearance from time to time on the boards.
Jojoba & Grapeseed oils with e/o's of cedarood, thyme, lavendar, & rosemary.

This is after 8 months of use. April 07 through January 08:

collage3.jpg

The pic on the left really doesn't do the damage justice. Trust....it was alot worse but my fro does a great job of hiding it.
I used MN for a bit and had CRAZY growth but it made my occasional migrains intensify in frequency.

go to sticky area and read the MN support thread , you will see my post and my links and hopefully answers to these questions ok . hth

Back