Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Thanks, ladies! I still can't believe I had all this stuff laying around and didn't know it. I just bought some Mizani treatment stuff too but that will have to wait until I can use up or get rid of most of these products. I see I will have to get creative with this.

I need to work on using up my suave shampoo and conditioner and hair one jojoba. Took over a year to finish first bottle suave shampoo.. and now I have another one.

May is right around the corner and I am amazed that I don't have anything that I am craving to buy with my pass for May. :spinning: Last month that pass was "burning a hole in my pocket."

I bought some Goody Ouchless barrettes. I love those things. And my mom bought me some hair candy for my bday. She did good.:yep: So I may check out some spots for more hair candy. I can't wait to buy more scarves and head bands. :lick:

Here is my list

Butters

Shea (nilotica)
Kokum
Illippe
Cupuacu
Tucuma
Coco

Oils

Ghee
Jojoba
Castor
JBCO
Palm
Brazil Nut
Macademia
Grapeseed
Sweet Almond
Apricot Kernal
Avocado
Karanja
Neem
Olive Squalene
Safflower
Monoi De Tahiti
Babassu
Coconut EV
Coconut Fractionated
Argan

Herbs

Henna
Cassia
Fenugreek’
Lemongrass
Thyme
Peppermint
Kalpi Tone
Kapoor Kachli
Amla
Tulsi
Neem
Brahmi
SkinTone Up
Hibiscus Flowers
Rose Flowers
Slippery Elm
Catnip
Marshmellow Root

Essential Oils

Peppermint
Lavendar
Patchouli
Tea Tree
Cedarwood
Sage
Lemongrass

Fragrance Oils

Birthday Cake
Frank N Myrrh
Easter Cookie
Cotton Candy
Cinna Bon
Madagascar Vanilla
Sweet Orange
Egyptian Musk
Passion Fruit
Bay Rum
Strawberry
Mango
Papaya Milk
VS Very Sexy

Misc

LAsorbic Acid
Lactic Acid
Urea
Lecithin
Lanolin
Glycolic Acid
Mica various colors
Silk Peptide
Coconut Cream
Panthenol
BTMS
Vegetable Emulsifier
Cetyl Alcohol
Cetyl-Steryl Alcohol
Jojoba Esters (30/70/90)
Dry Flo
Palm Steric Acid
Bentonite Clay
Green Clay
Rhassoul Clay
Sublimed Sulfur
Beeswax
Willow Bark
Walnut Shells
Bora Bora Sand
Goat Milk
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Juice

Commercial Items

Aussie Moist
Aussie 3 minute
Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner
Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo
Elucence Clarifying Poo
Kenra Clarifying Poo
Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner (bought while away for work)

LAWD Have mercy

In my defense I dont just use this for hair, I use it to make body lotions, scrubs, creams and gifts

In my defense I dont just use this for hair, I use it to make body lotions, scrubs, creams and gifts

Well I am open to receiving gifts. Would be more than glad to help you out. :lol:

I'm just kidding. I have waaaay too much stuff in my closets as it is. I have 1 body, not sure why I have so many body lotions and oils.:ohwell:

Happy Using

faithVA

Yea that was just an excuse I should be shame. It is just me and my hubby. I make alot of stuff for my mom and a few friends but just downright shameful

I need to join this challenge BUT... my salon is about to launch the kerastase line and I need to get my hands on it first...so wrong, but honest.

Have you ladies found good ways to use up A LOT of product???

HELP ME!!!!!

I need to join this challenge BUT... my salon is about to launch the kerastase line and I need to get my hands on it first...so wrong, but honest.

HELP ME!!!!!

- Being heavy handed (not wasteful)
- Pre-pooing: your hair absorbs more conditioner when dry
- moisturizing and/or sealing daily or 2x a day
- Mixing stuff
- Giving things away or selling them

HELP ME!!!!!

I do henna glosses. Use up half a bottle of good conditioner in my mix, and close to a full bottle of cheap conditioner rinsing it out!

Why do people mix henna with conditioner leiah

Makes it easier to apply and easier to rinse out. Also for people who want the conditioning benefits of henna but not the color, you can leave it on for just 30 minutes
I left mine on overnight and definitely got a color change though!

I'm going to henna this weekend with only water to see what the difference is

HELP ME!!!!!

I saw Kerastase in Target I think. It was on the clearance rack. I looked at the price, uh... he he - naw. I will leave that for the pros. :lol:

As far as using up products, I'm just being consistent. It's not a LOT but over the 1st 2 challenge periods I know I will have a nice reduction in my stash.

By not buying new products, it is making me think about the products I have and different ways to use them.

I also am experimenting more, trying different products on different sections of my hair to see how they work.

Since I am actually using the products I have, my regimen is firming up. So I will be throwing away products that just don't do love my hair.

I am hoping by the end of June I will have more length which will help me use up these conditioners faster. :pray:

This challenge is really helping to curb my PJ tendencies.

So here's my update for the week:
FINISHED PRODUCTS
Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

USE UP STASH ROUTINE
Pre-wash treatment w/ coconut/sesame oil mix
Wash w/ HE Totally Twisted Shampoo
Condition w/ Organix Coconut Milk conditioner
DC w/ Lustrasilk Cholesterol
Apply leave-in: QB MTCG and OHHB
Oil scalp w/ QB Amla Pomade
Oil hair w/ coconut sesame oil mix

Did a comparison test last night; olive oil spray on the left and right; mango hair sheen in the center and sunflower oil on the back. The sunflower oil won out. The olive oil spray was relegated to the kitchen. Threw the mango spray in the trash.

Now I can really focus on my oils. I don't have much coconut, jojoba or sunflower oil left. Playing around with sealing with almond oil.

I have been doing good. I haven't purchased outside of my restocks and one pass. I am so proud of myself. I have been doing my best to use up things. I am almost done on a few things too.
I have one half use (:nono: not even enough for one treatment) WEN Re-Moist Treatment

I have products but I am so light handed, :) I use just enough to get by. I MISS MY ALTER EGO GARLIC CONDITONER LADIES, but I refuse to open another until I use up a few more things. :) My treat to myself. LOL

I have been doing good. I haven't purchased outside of my restocks and one pass. I am so proud of myself. I have been doing my best to use up things. I am almost done on a few things too.
I have one half use (:nono: not even enough for one treatment) WEN Re-Moist Treatment

I have products but I am so light handed, :) I use just enough to get by. I MISS MY ALTER EGO GARLIC CONDITONER LADIES, but I refuse to open another until I use up a few more things. :) My treat to myself. LOL

With all that hair does it matter if you are light handed. It looks like it would take at least 1/4 of a bottle of a conditioner to do your hair.

When we finish the 1st leg of this challenge I really think we will feel so much better and we will appreciate our products much much more.

Hey Girls, :hiya:

Checking in. I'm gonna dip back and catch up on this thread. But overall I've been good, but I just bought my first thing since starting the challenge -- a bottle of Claudie's Gro Elixir:rolleyes:, I needed that like I need a hole in the head. :ohwell:

I have a plan to whittle stuff down. I'm gonna do some co-washing now that summer is coming, so that will get conditioners down. But I realize I'm gonna have a real problem with all these blinking oils and butters, ugh. Why dod I need a thousand stylers??

Hey Girls, :hiya:

Checking in. I'm gonna dip back and catch up on this thread. But overall I've been good, but I just bought my first thing since starting the challenge -- a bottle of Claudie's Gro Elixir:rolleyes:, I needed that like I need a hole in the head. :ohwell:

I have a plan to whittle stuff down. I'm gonna do some co-washing now that summer is coming, so that will get conditioners down. But I realize I'm gonna have a real problem with all these blinking oils and butters, ugh. Why dod I need a thousand stylers??

You hair is gawgeous so I can't imagine you need any additional products. Maybe you can do a oil rinse before you co wash to help use up some of the oils.

I feel you on the stylers. They seem to last forever.

Back