Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Finally got to the bottom of my half gallon jug of White Rain for Women of Color conditioner. Glad I finished something, but sad because this is really a great product.

Debating on whether or not to rotate in another White Rain or Suave conditioner in it's place.

Will we see the final product? I said I was going to try to plop my hair tomorrow night :look: We shall see.

faithVA - I want to try the plopping thing this weekend too. I always wanted to, but never found a good example on what to do, I just gotta watch the vid when I get home.

Will we see the final product? I said I was going to try to plop my hair tomorrow night :look: We shall see.

I'm going to try to keep them in until next week, but I doubt they last that long. I didn't do that great of a job. Cornrows may be my best bet for a more long term option.

I'm going to try to keep them in until next week, but I doubt they last that long. I didn't do that great of a job. Cornrows may be my best bet for a more long term option.

I'm glad you knew I was talking to you. You would have thought I was drinking.

My twists don't last that long. People that can keep them in weeks at a time are fortunate.

UPDATE: I'm still using up my products. No temptations to buy anything new really. I made MBL but won't be claiming it yet until I'm more confident in the length which will probably be near or by my next relaxer. :grin: I'll make more updates in the future since I feel bad for not updating these challenges I committed myself to. Hope everyone is shrinking their stash! :grin:

UPDATE: I'm still using up my products. No temptations to buy anything new really. I made MBL but won't be claiming it yet until I'm more confident in the length which will probably be near or by my next relaxer. :grin: I'll make more updates in the future since I feel bad for not updating these challenges I committed myself to. Hope everyone is shrinking their stash! :grin:

Congratulations Aireen on making MBL. Very nice goal to make. As long as your using up your stash you are good.

Went to a hair demo yesterday and was tempted to buy something from a local natural vendor. I told her I was in a Use Up Your Stash challenge and she fully understood. But the demo gave me some great ideas of products I want to try in the future and I also found a HH stylist.

I am also 50% through my stash :woohoo: Not going through shampoo or conditioner because I have been using the Zen Detox. But I have gone through several styling products. So I have 3 more weeks to use up a few more weeks and then we are in phase II.

Let's keep it rolling.

what in the WORLD is plopping?

Its pretty much a wash and go that you throw a tshirt on to dry the hair. Mines turned out to be more of a fizz, fizz.

I just ended up with a fro. It looked ok in the mirrow but when I looked at the pictures, it just looked like I washed my hair. It was all over the place. :sad:

I will try it again when i have some hang time.

:grin: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector is gone!

Shampoo
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling- Conditioning
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (2 bottles....1 bottle)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
ION Reconstructor Treatment
Aussie Moist Conditioner
LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
EVOO
Coconut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi
Indigo

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
KeraCare Oil Sheen
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

I was going to wait until session 2 to join you ladies but...I think I need an intervention now before things get out of hand. So if ya don't mind...

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

Cleaning off my bathroom shelf, finding staples and conserving money

2. My stash:

Shampoos

Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl
Suave Tropical Coconut
Oyin HoneyWash

Conditioners

Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme
Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner
John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner

Deep Conditioners

Enso Naturals Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Treatment
Hollywood Beauty Tea Trea Cholesterol

Leave Ins/Mosturizers

Enso Naturals Sweet Honey Hibiscus Leave-In Conditioner
Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner
Enso Naturals Olive & Honey Hydrating Hair Butter
Enso Naturals Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream
Enso Naturals Aloe & Marshmallow Moisturizing Hair Milk
Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Merengue
Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream x2
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Oyin Handmade Hairdew
Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

Mists/Sprays

Enso Naturals Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist
Enso Naturals Sweet Agave Nectar & Flaxseed Daily Protective Mist
Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries
Pink Short Looks SassAFraz Styling Spray

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters

Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Softening Serum
Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum
Coconut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Castor Oil
Olive Butter
Rosemary EO

Styling products/Miscellaneous

Enso Naturals Sweet Honey & Olive Nourishing Pomade
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding x2
Eco Syler Gel (pink)
ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray
Vigorol Olive Oil Mousse
Dove Heat Defense
Softee Indian Hemp Hair Grease

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

see attached

4. Which session(s) you are joining. (go slow ladies and be realistic)?

I'm in for the remainder of session 1 and session 2 in its entirety.

Attachments

• stash.jpg
    stash.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 12
I was going to wait until session 2 to join you ladies but...I think I need an intervention now before things get out of hand. So if ya don't mind...

4. Which session(s) you are joining. (go slow ladies and be realistic)?

I'm in for the remainder of session 1 and session 2 in its entirety.

Come on in Evallusion. There's no need to wait until the 2nd session. I will probably just start another thread the last week of June to get the 2nd session started.

You have some things in your stash I want to try. :lick:

This challenge has definitely helped me get things under control. I still want to buy but now its more focused.

:welcome2:

Awesome! Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to refrain from buy anything until at least black friday but if I can hold out longer--even better. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to refrain from buy anything until at least black friday but if I can hold out longer--even better. :)

Black Friday after Thanksgiving? Wow -- I couldn't last that long without buying anything. :lol:

I am planning on doing session 2 but ending it for Happily Natural Day in AUgust (local hair vendor event in VA). But its highly likely that I will end up buying more hair jewelry than hair products. I just want to be prepared though.

Yup. I like to buy twice a year--once during a summer sale and once during black friday. I rarely buy anything, but when I do...I GO IN! :grin:

Hair jewelry? Now thats what I need to stock up on. My fro needs some embellishments :lick:

@Aireen, @alive, @A856, @nanCeBoTwin, @Beany, @leiah, @B_Phlyy, @NikkiQ, @che1219, @ThickRoot, @creolefox, @ms_b_haven06
1stladyv, @Amazhaan, @JJamiah, @Zaz, @coyacoy, @YoursTrulyRE
@ajargon02, @20Something, @13StepsAhead, Queen75, @Ravengirl
@winona

Ladies, there are 15 days left to the end of this challenge. I know there has been some great progress in here so keep using, using, using.

I will start a new thread for the 2nd leg of this challenge on June 26th. You can just copy your old post to the new thread to keep going with the 2nd leg.

I will be calling on you the last week of June to get your official progress report for the 1st leg.

See you at the end of June.

Hey girls, I used up a KBB hair milk which wasn't on the list cause I found it. My mom gave back a half used bottle of Darcy's daily leave-in and a jar of Sophia's hair grease. Then I found a 4oz jar of kiwi kiss hair butter and cocoa tree detangling ghee, ugh!! So I've been quiet cause I've been gaining products instead of losing them.

AND I purchased Claudie's ends insurance, deep moisture conditioner and satin daily moisturizer because as I rationalized I'm looking for one product line and this might be it and I need to try the products and know if they work so where there is another big sale I can stock up, ugghh. Oh well, because I'm slow to use stuff, I won't be doing the other leg of the journey I hate that I can't check in and say I finished something. But I wish you ladies well, I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines as you take on the 2nd leg.

Hey girls, I used up a KBB hair milk which wasn't on the list cause I found it. My mom gave back a half used bottle of Darcy's daily leave-in and a jar of Sophia's hair grease. Then I found a 4oz jar of kiwi kiss hair butter and cocoa tree detangling ghee, ugh!! So I've been quiet cause I've been gaining products instead of losing them.

AND I purchased Claudie's ends insurance, deep moisture conditioner and satin daily moisturizer because as I rationalized I'm looking for one product line and this might be it and I need to try the products and know if they work so where there is another big sale I can stock up, ugghh. Oh well, because I'm slow to use stuff, I won't be doing the other leg of the journey I hate that I can't check in and say I finished something. But I wish you ladies well, I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines as you take on the 2nd leg.

Well I understand about having the stash grow instead of decrease. Keep plugging away. Doesn't matter if it takes a while. If you keep at it, it will get there.

And if you reconsider, you can join the 2nd leg or 3rd leg at any time.

I will be continuing onto the second session. This challenge has helped curb my PJism big time!

I'm glad it has helped. It has helped me as well. It has given me that guilt complex everytime I think of trying to sneak and buy :lol:

See you in round 2 NikkiQ

Only two more weeks left! I see I am going to have to be more heavy handed and will be joining the next session for sure.

UPDATE: I'll also be joining for round 2 as well. I don't really have any desire to buy any new products. I've been doing just mediocre in this challenge but things are looking up. Right now I still have partly used products but I've been swimming with friends and sharing products, so it's going to be easy using things up. :yep: I'm also going to try to use up my AO WC today.

EDIT: Actually my friends and I might be getting together soon so it'll be the perfect time to pawn stuff off on them. :look: I almost feel like I'm cheating though. :lol:

Last edited:
faithVA

@Aireen, @alive, @A856, @nanCeBoTwin, @Beany, @leiah, @B_Phlyy, @NikkiQ, @che1219, @ThickRoot, @creolefox, @ms_b_haven06
@1stladyv, @Amazhaan, @JJamiah, @Zaz, @coyacoy, @YoursTrulyRE
@ajargon02, @20Something, @13StepsAhead, @Queen75, @Ravengirl
@winona

Ladies, there are 15 days left to the end of this challenge. I know there has been some great progress in here so keep using, using, using.

I will start a new thread for the 2nd leg of this challenge on June 26th. You can just copy your old post to the new thread to keep going with the 2nd leg.

I will be calling on you the last week of June to get your official progress report for the 1st leg.

See you at the end of June.

I will definitely join Leg 2 of this challenge. I don't think I did great, but I don't think I did horrible either. :)

I have used things up. I have narrowed my staples down better. My hair moisture level is back in balance. I think a second round of this would do me good. Thanks for having me back again. :)

I am feeling a little down today and feeling tempted to go look at hair products. I'm going to have to snap out of it. If I could wash my hair tonight that would make me feel so much better. But until its longer I need to leave it to the weekend.

I will have to settle for moisturizing my hair and giving myself a scalp massage.

I am feeling a little down today and feeling tempted to go look at hair products. I'm going to have to snap out of it. If I could wash my hair tonight that would make me feel so much better. But until its longer I need to leave it to the weekend.

I will have to settle for moisturizing my hair and giving myself a scalp massage.

I am down myself faithVA, I don't really thing products would help (so that tells you, I have it bad)

Life is tossing me vinegar and lemons. I know I should make a salad dressing but, Just feel like I am under the rock and rock bottom is up!

Cheer up :) I hope things look up for you spiritually and that your feeling better soon :bighug:

Back